• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Love it!!! So ready for the ‘24 NA variant, especially the Tremor.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / 2020 XTL FX4 / 2007 escape / motos
Very nice, pls. pls, pls make a PHEV.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I like the looks of Eruption Green better on the Ranger Raptor, more so than the Bronco.

This also confirms that they will be using most (if not all) the Bronco colors, with the exception of those that get swapped/dropped and any special edition/launch colors.

Also, it could be the reflection in the picture, but the front fender vent looks to be body color also.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I fail to understand people blasting morning wood over this color? Looks like decades old British Racing Green to me. Everything old is "new" again.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I fail to understand people blasting morning wood over this color? Looks like decades old British Racing Green to me. Everything old is "new" again.
I'm not crazy about the color and won't order anything with it, but it isn't a bad looking color, in my opinion.
I just don't care for the gold under-tone the pearl metallic gives it in direct sunlight.

I think the majority of the 'excitement' over it comes mostly from Bronco enthusiasts and because of NA's lack of color variety.

The G6 Ranger and Bronco share the same production plant and the robot paint arms only have 11 spaces/pots available for colors.
I think 2 or 3 of those pots are for rotating special edition, model exclusive and limited colors.

I guess we'll have to wait for the NA reveal to see how the colors available across the trims/models will play out.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I'm not crazy about the color and won't order anything with it, but it isn't a bad looking color, in my opinion.
I just don't care for the gold under-tone the pearl metallic gives it in direct sunlight.

I think the majority of the 'excitement' over it comes mostly from Bronco enthusiasts and because of NA's lack of color variety.

The G6 Ranger and Bronco share the same production plant and the robot paint arms only have 11 spaces/pots available for colors.
I think 2 or 3 of those pots are for rotating special edition, model exclusive and limited colors.

I guess we'll have to wait for the NA reveal to see how the colors available across the trims/models will play out.
You could be right! There's been a couple people on Maverick forum constantly wishing for this color too, some are Bronco fans as well. As long as Ford continues Oxford White (not the pink tinted version) on 6G Ranger I'll be happy :like:

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
I do not like EG at all. Looks good in the shade and overcast conditions. But as soon as the sun hits it the goldish flake kills it for me.

Reactions: EJH

Sponsored

Flysamurai

First Name
Terrail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Was flip-flopping between Code Orange & Lightning Blue, but I think Eruption Green is my color.

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
The problem with any color for the Raptor is the "code Orange" interior trim color that I believe is the only interior option. For me that kills an external Red (Redfire/Rapid Red or even Race Red) color because of the "contrast". i wish the interior highlight was subtle like the GT500's dark grey and white. Allows for any external color. Right now a good blue, Iconic Silver, or white (too work like) may be the options I consider.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll ditch the orange interior highlights for NA launch.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
This eruption green is making me erupt in my pants!

But man, the 2023 Chevy Colorado build page is up, and my local dealer says they are taking orders to be submitted in January. Should I wait guys??? I'm so tired of waiting.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
This eruption green is making me erupt in my pants!

But man, the 2023 Chevy Colorado build page is up, and my local dealer says they are taking orders to be submitted in January. Should I wait guys??? I'm so tired of waiting.
lol i hear you. i am too.
I just keep telling myself "wait for the 2024 Tacoma, wait for the 2024 Ranger, just see" cause if Tacoma comes out with a PHEV or if the Ranger doesn't have the 2.7 ecoboost option i may jump ship. Idk yet though.
A SUV PHEV with utility trailer is looking enticing these days cause the wait lol

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
lol i hear you. i am too.
I just keep telling myself "wait for the 2024 Tacoma, wait for the 2024 Ranger, just see" cause if Tacoma comes out with a PHEV or if the Ranger doesn't have the 2.7 ecoboost option i may jump ship. Idk yet though.
A SUV PHEV with utility trailer is looking enticing these days cause the wait lol
I can almost gaurantee the Ranger will not have a 2.7L option. The stock engine will most likely be the same 2.3L turbo, with perhaps some of the upgrades the Mustang 2.3L received. The upgraded engine will be the 3.0L turbo in the Raptor version, which is the same as the Bronco Raptor. I highly doubt Ford will have a third engine option (2.7L) available.

Have you driven the current 5G Ranger with the 2.3L? It works and pulls very well. You can add a tune for ridiculous power.
Sponsored