• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Next Gen Ranger Raptor Diff Issues??

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I hesitate to start calling anything that goes wrong on a YouTubers car an issue. He had an issue. Another review had a side strike off roading. They’ll build thousands of these things and some of them will fail in different ways, statistically guaranteed. It’s not an issue until it starts showing up often. Looks like Ford repaired it under warranty so no big deal.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Yes there are going to be Raptors that have issues needing to be fixed under Warranty.

Name me any vehicle, any trim, any model that never has.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Yes there are going to be Raptors that have issues needing to be fixed under Warranty.

Name me any vehicle, any trim, any model that never has.
This is usually where the Toyota guys say “Well, actually…”

OP
OP
dshandy

dshandy

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lexus IS300
Totally agree with both of you! Just enjoy posting the content and driving discussion!

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I mean is that before or after the rear bad snapped in half?
Before the frame rusted itself to death and after you had to chop the body mount to go up one tire size.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
And he has a YouTube channel to help get attention and get things fixed. The average person might not get it fixed as easily or as fast.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
And he has a YouTube channel to help get attention and get things fixed. The average person might not get it fixed as easily or as fast.
Doesn’t sound like he got much special treatment. He still had to drive it that way for a month before the dealership would look at it.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
The problem is the title and text on the thumbnail is clearly click bait.

I don't blame him, that is how he makes money. However he suffers the same problem every reviewer has with monetization. I call it the "spoon tactic". Basically someone will talk for 20 minutes about a spoon when the explanation of a spoon could be summed up in 10 seconds.

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Doesn’t sound like he got much special treatment. He still had to drive it that way for a month before the dealership would look at it.
Yeah I know, what I mean is some dealers may not do much or say it’s normal. If they would have said that to him he could post it to his channel and would make them look bad. Just saying being an influencer can help.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
As much as I want to say Paul is what we in Australia call a 'flog', my PX3 Raptor also had its rear differential replaced at 7,000km with a whine on the highway. No explanation from the dealer, they just did it. I was very happy with the way Ford handled it. I note that Paul took his to Essendon Ford, not a dealership with which I've had good experiences with service wise (tried to blame a horn failure on my previous Focus ST on my getting it wet).

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
These are the same Dana AdvanTek axles that Jeep has been using since 2018, correct? Jeep has had issues with the axles in Rubicons also. Dana tried to squeeze another 0.003 miles per gallon by using lower friction ball bearings in the pinion, smaller ring gear, different fluid, and some other things. You can have fuel efficiency, or you can have a truck that lasts forever. But not both.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
No idea what's under the Raptor, it's different to the rest of the line-up. And the previous gen RoW model had a different rear axle completely to the current one.

borfoo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor, 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Engineer
Sad part is all this mess due to low diff fluid which could have been avoidable if the dealer actually did proper checks prior to delivery.

At least it's not due to a design or mechanical flaw.
Sponsored