• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Next Gen Ranger Raptor Diff Issues??

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
The problem is the title and text on the thumbnail is clearly click bait.

I don't blame him, that is how he makes money. However he suffers the same problem every reviewer has with monetization. I call it the "spoon tactic". Basically someone will talk for 20 minutes about a spoon when the explanation of a spoon could be summed up in 10 seconds.
Thank you for summing up so succinctly what really annoys me about watching YouTube. I could get the same amount of information or more twice as fast by skimming an article as opposed to watching people many of whom really have no talent for video.
Sponsored

medocbiga

First Name
biga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
always first generation have issues.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The problem is the title and text on the thumbnail is clearly click bait.

I don't blame him, that is how he makes money. However he suffers the same problem every reviewer has with monetization. I call it the "spoon tactic". Basically someone will talk for 20 minutes about a spoon when the explanation of a spoon could be summed up in 10 seconds.
I wouldn't be too sympathetic to Paul's financial plight - his car review business is either the biggest or close to the biggest in Australia. He is doing very well for himself. Though he does deserve praise for telling things as they are. I'd rate him as one of my favourite car reviewers.

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Sad part is all this mess due to low diff fluid which could have been avoidable if the dealer actually did proper checks prior to delivery.

At least it's not due to a design or mechanical flaw.

I can't believe how few here have not picked up on this message! The diff developed a problem due to the low oil level, which should have been picked up by the dealer during pre-delivery inspection and during the 3000km inspection. Both of the checks are on the check list and Paul showed them to be ticked... I'd be questioning if they were actually done.

Sponsored

borfoo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor, 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Engineer
I can't believe how few here have not picked up on this message! The diff developed a problem due to the low oil level, which should have been picked up by the dealer during pre-delivery inspection and during the 3000km inspection. Both of the checks are on the check list and Paul showed them to be ticked... I'd be questioning if they were actually done.
I'd be willing to bet 90% of dealers, regardless of brands, fill in many of these check-lists without looking at the vehicle.. They are in a rush to move them out the door as fast as possible. Hence why I personally insist on witnessing the vehicle services in-person whenever I can.

During my recent Ranger Raptor delivery, the dealer had a mistake in the delivery paperwork VIN number, told me completely incorrect facts and details about the vehicle features, and missed installing the front license plate which was still left inside the vehicle! Do I trust that they've checked all the vital fluid levels? Absolutely not :)

I had another recent example with a reputable local dealer (not Ford) who gave me a fancy report with a big green "tick" on battery & electrics inspection as part of the service package. A few days days later, battery was dead and bone dry. After inspection, I found it was the distilled water type that the dealer missed topping up during routine services.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
When I bought my 2002 Ranger FX4 there was a recall for the Torsen rear diff a couple of months after I took delivery. One of the forum members on offroadrangers.com broke his and it was discovered that the manufacturer Ford bought the parts from had not properly heat treated some of the parts. Ford replaced the entire rear axle assembly on all FX4s built prior to that discovery.
Sponsored