• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Carmaker1

First Name
Dr. J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple Fords, BMWs, JLR, Toyotas
Occupation
Product Development
Good call on the assembly process. Here's a spy picture from TFL showing the Raptor with the same 2 piece bumper.

1674135196107.png
The article is 2 years old so they might have tried/changed a lot since then. But I'd doubt the Raptor (and possibly the rest) will have a solid front piece.

https://tfltruck.com/2020/10/spied-look-underneath-this-2022-ford-ranger-raptor-prototype/
This was a mule, based on the old P375 Raptor. The production vehicle matches global spec mostly.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
After looking at the picture of the white 6G Ranger I got to thinking, yes that's dangerous. Is it possible this white one will be the non Fx4 and the Fx4 Package will have the separate bumper and steel bash plate? I just can't see Ford having this front end on the Fx4 package.
I can. The F-150 FX4 doesn't have a bash plate. It has the same lower air deflector as the standard F-150. I bet this plastic bumper/air deflector is used on all the Rangers except the Raptor. Looks like cost cutting to me. You didn't think they were done deleting things did you? lol

Glad I have a 2022 Tremor. This thing looks cheapend up and the cab looks carryover. They only widened the fenders a bit to gain an inch or two of track width. It's more of a face-lift then an all new truck.

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
When I look at the AU version it looks more boxy to me ... am I wrong? The white one posted looks more sloped in the front?

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ford Ranger Spotted Without Camouflage 2024-ford-ranger-front-view-spy-photo

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ford Ranger Spotted Without Camouflage 2023-Ford-Ranger-global-reveal-5

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
When I look at the AU version it looks more boxy to me ... am I wrong? The white one posted looks more sloped in the front?

2024-ford-ranger-front-view-spy-photo.jpg

2023-Ford-Ranger-global-reveal-5.jpg
It's more than likely the color that's making it look that way and the white one's back end has more of an upward rake to it (maybe towing package on it).

Sponsored

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Draftsman/Designer

The AU photo looks like it's had the rake taken out of it, similar to "pictures" of the 5G on the Ford B&P site.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger 2AW & TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2

Gosh! The front is soooo ugly. The nzernaional wildtrak trim made it tolerable a little bit… good that i tuned the 5g to raptor the optic. Will be happy with this for the next 10years.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
The AU photo looks like it's had the rake taken out of it, similar to "pictures" of the 5G on the Ford B&P site.
At first I thought it was the picture angle but it does look like the AU is leveled with no rake.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
the brake light is still on the cab, the pictures of the 2024 Ranger in asia have the brake light on gthe tail gate
There's some rule that in the US the CHMSL can't be in the tailgate, so it is staying in the cab roof for North America. The ROW Ranger has it int he tailgate.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
At first I thought it was the picture angle but it does look like the AU is leveled with no rake.
Ours have rake, just not as much as yours do (this is the same for your 5G). Your North American 5G Ranger uses parabolic single leaf springs, our PX Rangers do not.

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
There's some rule that in the US the CHMSL can't be in the tailgate, so it is staying in the cab roof for North America. The ROW Ranger has it int he tailgate.
Gladiators have the CHMSL on the tailgate. I wonder if they got some sort of variance.

NeilP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
Gladiators have the CHMSL on the tailgate. I wonder if they got some sort of variance.
It's not very exciting reading, but here are the FMVSS regulations for the CHMSL locations:

S5.3.1.8 (a) Each high-mounted stop lamp installed in or on a vehicle subject to S5.1.1.27(a) shall be located as follows:
(1) With its center at any place on the vertical centerline of the vehicle, including the glazing, as the vehicle is viewed from the rear.
(2) If the lamp is mounted below the rear window, no portion of the lens shall be lower than 6 inches below the rear window on convertibles, or 3 inches on other passenger cars.
(3) If the lamp is mounted inside the vehicle, means shall be provided to minimize reflections from the light of the lamp upon the rear window glazing that might be visible to the driver when viewed directly, or indirectly in the rearview mirror. (b) The high-mounted stop lamps installed in or on a vehicle subject to S5.1.1.27(b) shall be located at the same height, with one vertical edge of each lamp on the vertical edge of the body section nearest the vertical centerline.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
makes sense, since it is designated HIGH MOUNT for a reason ;)

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
It's not very exciting reading, but here are the FMVSS regulations for the CHMSL locations:

S5.3.1.8 (a) Each high-mounted stop lamp installed in or on a vehicle subject to S5.1.1.27(a) shall be located as follows:
(2) If the lamp is mounted below the rear window, no portion of the lens shall be lower than 6 inches below the rear window on convertibles, or 3 inches on other passenger cars.
That’d do it. Since the Jeep is a convertible, they get 6”. The 3” otherwise allowed is just not practical.
Sponsored