• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
If only we could get some shots of the "regular" 6G rolling down the line! That would be AMAZING!

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Looks like Cactus Gray on that Raptor. I don't hate that color on it, but I'm still hoping for Leadfoot Grey to show up.

Also, it looks like a Carbonized Gray one behind the green Bronco.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I was really hoping the main screen was more like the Bronco's where it's horizontal. Not digging the iPad look on all these new vehicles.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP Mustang, 2006 GMC Sierra, 2015 Suzuki King Quad, 2006 883/ 1200 Sportster conversion
Occupation
Retired
Looks like Cactus Gray on that Raptor. I don't hate that color on it, but I'm still hoping for Leadfoot Grey to show up.

Me Too ..

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Going to the Chicago Auto Show in two weeks wondering what will be there. Really don't like those wheels, never have....but will do a lot to get something with the V-6.

Reactions: Doc

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired

The Carbonized Gray is a 5G

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I have a question? How do they still continue to produce the 5G and roll off these test 6G test mules? Don't they have to re-tool the whole line or is this something that's easily changed back and forth.

Sponsored

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
So have a missed an announcement or are they just going to unveil it and go on sale immediately after?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
So have a missed an announcement or are they just going to unveil it and go on sale immediately after?
These are just test mules. They usually roll out a few test mules when a new gen hits the market. After several months of testing they'll tweak anything that's necessary and change what's needed. Production doesn't start until 7/10/23 and there's no order dates yet.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I was really hoping they'd include ventilated seats for the US market. These look the same as the ROW seats.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I was really hoping they'd include ventilated seats for the US market. These look the same as the ROW seats.
I was too! Out here our summers are scorching hot and even with the ac blasting some days it does little to cool you off when your truck has been sitting at work all day in 112+ heat. I had posted a thread on 5G that Ford has filed a patten for liquid cooled seats. Who knows if/when they'll ever be available but they would be nice to have the option in the 6G.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/ford-patent-filed-for-vehicle-seat-with-liquid-cooling.23445/

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2016 Lincoln MKX, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
I have a question? How do they still continue to produce the 5G and roll off these test 6G test mules? Don't they have to re-tool the whole line or is this something that's easily changed back and forth.
Hi Dave,

No...these are 4P units and 6G parts are placed on line in limited numbers...builds comprise a very small number maybe 20 or so and held by the plant to resolve assembly issues and then shipped to Dearborn where the units are evaluated and debugged. Units are saleable but rarely does this happen. BTW 4P is Pre Production Product Proveout.

best,
Phil
Sponsored