• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Just did my build-and-price. WOW, are these things pricey!!!

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Our 21 Tremor came in at $47K exactly two years ago this week. Since there is no Tremor package, I priced a 24 Lariat and I was quite conservative in my build-and-price. I tried to keep it down a little by NOT adding the FX4 package (nor even the standalone locking diff), no mud mats, no special appearance packages, etc. There is nothing on this truck that I don't already have, and obviously a LOT of things that I already have that aren't on this new one. My jaw fell off when I got to the bottom and saw it was at $51K!!!

I have another year before I'm under the gun with my lease and I know that if I do decide to get something else, I'll make a good amount from my Tremor. I'm just really disappointed that the price has zoomed that much in two years. There's a couple of features that were on our Explorer that weren't available for our Tremor (memory seats, front camera, fold-flat rear seat,....) which WILL be available for the '24. However, I'm not going to pay thousands more for them to have a truck that is far less capable.

If this sounds like a gripe, it is not. Simply a big sigh of disappointment. I've still got a truck that I love to drive every day and which has gotten more compliments than any car I've ever owned (and I've owned a few!); it still does exactly what I bought it to do and with style!
Sponsored

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
I hear you. An STX starting at $34k seems ridiculous. No Tremor yet, but it may be coming with a price between FX4 and Raptor.

OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I hear you. An STX starting at $34k seems ridiculous. No Tremor yet, but it may be coming with a price between FX4 and Raptor.
Yep, and I lost my A/Z lease option with the big layoffs last fall (nephew was an engineer for Ford) so I won't have that any more. Tremor is going to be $10K more than the last version? Yikes.

RangerFX4

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Steel Buyer
Black Friday 2019, 4x4 crew cab XLT OTD $31,500. Today, same truck $45,000. It’s crazy, but I’m ordering one in the AM. Only going to go up in price like everything else.

Ford Ranger Just did my build-and-price.  WOW, are these things pricey!!! IMG_1454

OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Black Friday 2019, 4x4 crew cab XLT OTD $31,500. Today, same truck $45,000. It’s crazy, but I’m ordering one in the AM. Only going to go up in price like everything else.

IMG_1454.png
Yeah, unfortunately old-man retirement budget isn't quite as flexible as in my working days! :D Talked with my sales contact and even he was a bit surprised by both the lack of options and the significant price bump. Like I said, I'm not complaining. Ford will have ZERO trouble selling them because there are few options out there. You can't "just go used" like the good old days. I've got a year before I MUST make a decision and if the worst thing that happens is that I "have" to buy this vehicle out of my lease, I've got it pretty good.

Sponsored

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
It’ll be a really fine split since a fully loaded Lariat is ~$4k less than a Raptor with a bedliner. Toss in the V6 that hasn’t even been priced out yet, it may even be within $1000 difference. Although I bet the Raptor Is gonna start price hiking fast.

edit: just priced out a Lariat vs Raptor with every option and Azure paint. It’s more or less $7000 difference between the remember Raptor doesn’t get the tonneau, PPF, bed boxes, or side step. So the gap is wider than I thought

Last edited:

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
There is going to be a price war coming up..
There are high interest rates. All these new smaller trucks out in a short period and maybe more to come. Dodge is rumored to have a Dakota and Toyota a small truck to go against the Maverick. All these vehicles have jumped allot in price. The market cant support it. Once the 'got to have' generation gets theirs and gets out of the way there will be incentives and rebates.

I do not know if people remember the 2019 Ranger once launched by November was discounted up to around 8000.00 with incentives and rebates. I got mine almost 8,000 under sticker.

I think the two that will deal the most will be Nissan and maybe Ford. Nissan has been out a while, and Ford really is not offering up that much of a different truck from previous gen other than Raptor.

I think all those paying these high dealer mark ups to be first for the different trucks brands will be crying in a year or so.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Yeah, I built the same as my current truck minux FX4 but with locking rear end (except I have a scab) and msrp is around $52k. My current truck msrp was ~45K.

I noticed that nav is only 3 years... isn't it unlimited now? And also curious if the pivot tool box from my current truck will fit?

I'm not ordering unless/until they release a hybrid scab.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Our 21 Tremor came in at $47K exactly two years ago this week. Since there is no Tremor package, I priced a 24 Lariat and I was quite conservative in my build-and-price. I tried to keep it down a little by NOT adding the FX4 package (nor even the standalone locking diff), no mud mats, no special appearance packages, etc. There is nothing on this truck that I don't already have, and obviously a LOT of things that I already have that aren't on this new one. My jaw fell off when I got to the bottom and saw it was at $51K!!!

I have another year before I'm under the gun with my lease and I know that if I do decide to get something else, I'll make a good amount from my Tremor. I'm just really disappointed that the price has zoomed that much in two years. There's a couple of features that were on our Explorer that weren't available for our Tremor (memory seats, front camera, fold-flat rear seat,....) which WILL be available for the '24. However, I'm not going to pay thousands more for them to have a truck that is far less capable.

If this sounds like a gripe, it is not. Simply a big sigh of disappointment. I've still got a truck that I love to drive every day and which has gotten more compliments than any car I've ever owned (and I've owned a few!); it still does exactly what I bought it to do and with style!
Go price a F150 or other vehicles Ford and non Ford. Its across the industry. And it's not just the auto industry. Food, building materials, etc. What hasn't gone up significantly the last 5 years. The government acts like the high inflation is no big deal, but the avg Joe in America is getting slaughtered by these ever increasing prices on everything.

OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Go price a F150 or other vehicles Ford and non Ford. Its across the industry. And it's not just the auto industry. Food, building materials, etc. What hasn't gone up significantly the last 5 years. The government acts like the high inflation is no big deal, but the avg Joe in America is getting slaughtered by these ever increasing prices on everything.
Not just America. Our inflation is small compared to many. I expected it, but was hopeful it wouldn't be quite as bad as it turned out. End of the day... I've got a beautiful ride and I live in good weather 12 months a year. No one feeling sorry for me! 🙂

Sponsored
OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I built the same as my current truck minux FX4 but with locking rear end (except I have a scab) and msrp is around $52k. My current truck msrp was ~45K.

I noticed that nav is only 3 years... isn't it unlimited now? And also curious if the pivot tool box from my current truck will fit?

I'm not ordering unless/until they release a hybrid scab.
Seeing the others around the world (and the spy shots we saw) I have to believe the SCAB will come once the initial run is done. I will be dumbfounded if there's no hybrid, though. I'm not that interested to be all over it, but I believe there are enough shoppers that are.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Not just America. Our inflation is small compared to many. I expected it, but was hopeful it wouldn't be quite as bad as it turned out. End of the day... I've got a beautiful ride and I live in good weather 12 months a year. No one feeling sorry for me! 🙂
I love my 21 Tremor too. They are great trucks. And I wasn't poo pooing your concern on the price increases, just saying sadly it's the way of the world on everything right now. 😞

I decided 8 or 9 years ago when Ford first teased a Ranger Raptor that if and when it was actually produced, I'd buy one immediately. So for good or bad, I'm letting my pent up desire for one get the better of me and I'm paying MSRP, or roughly $57K for the one I ordered. Hopefully it lives up to all of my expectations and I decide it was worth the lofty expense. If not, I guess, I'll dump it and move on to something else.

I'm probably a sucker for not waiting and seeing what demand for these really winds up being, and if prices stay up on them or not first, but I guess you pay a price for immediacy sometimes.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Seeing the others around the world (and the spy shots we saw) I have to believe the SCAB will come once the initial run is done. I will be dumbfounded if there's no hybrid, though. I'm not that interested to be all over it, but I believe there are enough shoppers that are.
That's what I was thinking too, since there's been 6G scabs seen in the wild. I'm fairly confident there will be a PHEV, just not sure if it will be limited to one version cab.

OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I love my 21 Tremor too. They are great trucks. And I wasn't poo pooing your concern on the price increases, just saying sadly it's the way of the world on everything right now. 😞

I decided 8 or 9 years ago when Ford first teased a Ranger Raptor that if and when it was actually produced, I'd buy one immediately. So for good or bad, I'm letting my pent up desire for one get the better of me and I'm paying MSRP, or roughly $57K for the one I ordered. Hopefully it lives up to all of my expectations and I decide it was worth the lofty expense. If not, I guess, I'll dump it and move on to something else.

I'm probably a sucker for not waiting and seeing what demand for these really winds up being, and if prices stay up on them or not first, but I guess you pay a price for immediacy sometimes.
Oh, heck no! If you've got the money for that in your budget, and you can get it at sticker, that's a flipping steal! You'll have people offering you $10K to walk away!!! Again, in retirement I can't justify it but ten years ago, I'd have been drooling! Can't wait to see it!

OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
That's what I was thinking too, since there's been 6G scabs seen in the wild. I'm fairly confident there will be a PHEV, just not sure if it will be limited to one version cab.
Exactly. And, it's not like Ford doesn't already have experience in the hybrid game. Simply a matter of time.
Sponsored