• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Just did my build-and-price. WOW, are these things pricey!!!

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / 2020 XTL FX4 / 2007 escape / motos
Wow! That's over 60k for us up here, nuts. I'm really interested in a PHEV but I think they can keep their truck.
Sponsored

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Again be forced to have packages you don't want I don't like the looks of the sport appearance package and the chrome package raises the price. Also the configutor I'm using only has the 2.3 engine. Looks like Ford really doesn't care If the sell many Rangers with this pricing and no supercab.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
There is going to be a price war coming up..
There are high interest rates. All these new smaller trucks out in a short period and maybe more to come. Dodge is rumored to have a Dakota and Toyota a small truck to go against the Maverick. All these vehicles have jumped allot in price. The market cant support it. Once the 'got to have' generation gets theirs and gets out of the way there will be incentives and rebates.

I do not know if people remember the 2019 Ranger once launched by November was discounted up to around 8000.00 with incentives and rebates. I got mine almost 8,000 under sticker.

I think the two that will deal the most will be Nissan and maybe Ford. Nissan has been out a while, and Ford really is not offering up that much of a different truck from previous gen other than Raptor.

I think all those paying these high dealer mark ups to be first for the different trucks brands will be crying in a year or so.
That's why I won't be buying first year, maybe '25 or'26. And from the looks of it, I'd be happy with the STX with 4x4 as option. But not at current price. If the STX drops to 30, I'm in.

OP
OP

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Again be forced to have packages you don't want I don't like the looks of the sport appearance package and the chrome package raises the price. Also the configutor I'm using only has the 2.3 engine. Looks like Ford really doesn't care If the sell many Rangers with this pricing and no supercab.
I understand your frustration but I don't agree with your sentiment. I believe Ford will have no problem selling a LOT of Rangers. There is nothing in the used market to pick from because of three years of under-production. We have to be patient, I'm afraid. We hope the market cools down a bit and Ford can offer more builds (Scab, Tremor, etc.) at a price more of us can swallow. As for the 2.3, that's all that's available for the first run. 2.7 was already announced with "late availability".

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
That's why I won't be buying first year, maybe '25 or'26. And from the looks of it, I'd be happy with the STX with 4x4 as option. But not at current price. If the STX drops to 30, I'm in.
Prices aren't coming down as manufacturing costs and labor costs will continue to increase. Further, Ford had made it clear they'll sacrifice mkt share for profit. The days of overproduction and huge rebate give aways are over. So wtg isn't going to gain you much, except a higher transaction cost with price increases over that period of time.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
There is going to be a price war coming up..
There are high interest rates. All these new smaller trucks out in a short period and maybe more to come. Dodge is rumored to have a Dakota and Toyota a small truck to go against the Maverick. All these vehicles have jumped allot in price. The market cant support it. Once the 'got to have' generation gets theirs and gets out of the way there will be incentives and rebates.

I do not know if people remember the 2019 Ranger once launched by November was discounted up to around 8000.00 with incentives and rebates. I got mine almost 8,000 under sticker.

I think the two that will deal the most will be Nissan and maybe Ford. Nissan has been out a while, and Ford really is not offering up that much of a different truck from previous gen other than Raptor.

I think all those paying these high dealer mark ups to be first for the different trucks brands will be crying in a year or so.
Not likely. Production and labor costs continue to increase as will the prices of vehicles. And Ford is not going to overproduce and give big rebates anymore. They've made it clear profit comes b4 mkt share. And retail orders not filling dealer lots will be the priority going forward. So unless the economy crashes, I don't see the huge give aways coming back at Ford.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Go price a F150 or other vehicles Ford and non Ford. Its across the industry. And it's not just the auto industry. Food, building materials, etc. What hasn't gone up significantly the last 5 years. The government acts like the high inflation is no big deal, but the avg Joe in America is getting slaughtered by these ever increasing prices on everything.
Agreed, these prices, I can hardly get over how much things have increased recently! Groceries & food are to the point that I notice when I go shopping (& I’m shopping for one). I went through buying some seasonal patio stuff here this week & am shocked that everything costs double the last time I had to buy any of it. So transportation has increased hugely to get this stuff across the ocean & into big boxes. Trying to prep myself now for just how much vehicles have gone up.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Not likely. Production and labor costs continue to increase as will the prices of vehicles. And Ford is not going to overproduce and give big rebates anymore. They've made it clear profit comes b4 mkt share. And retail orders not filling dealer lots will be the priority going forward. So unless the economy crashes, I don't see the huge give aways coming back at Ford.

Ford maybe the wild card in all of this but I do think there will be a price war in the segment especially in the USA.
Yea it seems like if Ford has extra production they want to do the Bronco. They do not feel committed to this sector. It certainly feels they only want to compete on the stuff with higher margins. It also feels like they do not want to hurt the F series. My opinion.

So if there is a price war Ford may not sell much because there prices would be higher. There may be a chance they even drop out of the midsize market all together again.

That said if this is the way the whole truck market is some people will move out of it and move back to more affordable cars. Ford doesn't sell cars anymore and talks about dropping some suvs. I mean I have followed trucks and have owned different brands and follow most trucks and read allot of forums. I have never seen so many unhappy people about the prices of these new trucks. Yea there are those that are always unhappy but this is crazy. They may just have pushed the greed to far.

You have to compete loosing a little market share is one thing people moving to other brands is another.

Maverick proves there are people want a truck but not spend a fortune. There is a big market for those who need a truck for garden stuff, move a little wood etc.

I also think the economy is slowing. Maybe not a recession but to the point where people can just change jobs everytime they feel like it.

Then there are higher interest rates. It going to hurt those financing making the trucks way more expensive. I mean the whole idea of raising rates is to force prices down and slow inflation.

Lets face it during covid companies learned they can produce less and make more money but that only goes so far. People can only afford so much. Trucks are a luxury for most, food we need..

I am not Ford or any of the truck companies so I am not sure what they are thinking and it is just my opinion and only time will tell what happens.

I just think the market cant support these prices going forward.
Sponsored

Last edited: