• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
Until they make a Supercab with a 6’ bed I’ll keep driving my 2019 Ranger or go with Toyota since they offer configuration options. Ford get your head out of your ass. There are people who don’t haul kids to soccer practice And need bed space.
Cool. Let me know where you order your Toyota from... :rolleyes:
Sponsored

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I read a few back to back.... I thought it was funny how no one seems to share the same opinions (although I guess that shouldnt surprise.. different strokes for different folks).

one said the steering was flat, one said its was sharp and tight.
one said is felt faster and more responsive then the gen 5, another said is was blah and unimpressive.
one said the interior is great, one said the interior is cheap
etc. etc.

:rolleyes::crazy:

the only thing they seemed to agree on was that the tow package is great, and the infotainment sucks... :LOL:
I have noticed that some "reviewers" have difficulty in judging a vehicle based on it's intended and actual use, versus their own preferences & perceptions. Kind of like 40yr olds reviewing kids movies - kind misses the target.

The Drive complains about the fit of the interior plastics...but there's nothing objectively wrong with it. It's a work truck. It's going to have hard plastics (they're easier to clean) and there might be some panel gaps (this isn't a BMW). Furthermore, providing an opinionated review on whether or not it is a viable daily driver is silly too, especially the "buy two $25k vehicles instead logic." That's insurance & maintenance on two, neither of which is cheap.

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
I have noticed that some "reviewers" have difficulty in judging a vehicle based on it's intended and actual use, versus their own preferences & perceptions. Kind of like 40yr olds reviewing kids movies - kind misses the target.

The Drive complains about the fit of the interior plastics...but there's nothing objectively wrong with it. It's a work truck. It's going to have hard plastics (they're easier to clean) and there might be some panel gaps (this isn't a BMW). Furthermore, providing an opinionated review on whether or not it is a viable daily driver is silly too, especially the "buy two $25k vehicles instead logic." That's insurance & maintenance on two, neither of which is cheap.
The buy two cars instead thing was the dumbest thing I read out of all of the reviews. 25k doesn’t get you much in terms of a used car these days anyway

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
It drives me crazy that every reviewer goes over every detail, like specs and showing the interior, like they all haven't shown that stuff already at least 5 times. Just show us how it drives, and make it a 10 minute video instead of 30!

During the driving segments, a bunch of them mentioned the acoustic glass which I'd never heard before, and I'm excited they made it quieter inside.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
If you believe the Chief Engineer Motormouths & TFL interviewed, they did the four-door/short bed based on consumer take-rate. If you sell 75% of one configuration, his logic is sound to put R&D into one rather than two or three. Of course, there's also the logic that...are the manufacturers pushing dealers to order more of what has higher profit margins, thus hoodwinking the customer into buying a given configuration over another?

Pickups are becoming a lifestyle piece, same as SUVs once were...wouldn't surprise me if the new pickup buyer wants more of a do-anything-with-the-family setup...personally, I am only in the market for a 4-door/short bed. Otherwise I wouldn't be looking at pickups.
what time frame and criteria used for this? Was it based on 5G that wasn't developed for the US market initially and only a halfhearted attempt to re-enter the mid size segment the abandoned in US for 7 years? Total misdirection and BS excuse.

Ask yourself why the rest of the world gets multiple choices of cab and bed sizes but we don't? Don't other countries have buyers with families too? And why build a high performance version when families surely have no use for that? I personally owned 1987, 1993 single cabs + 2002, 2006 SCabs and all had standard 6' beds. I never heard a single person complaining about not having a Crew Cab to haul their kids or full family using mini trucks as their only daily driver?

This is the same BS Ford spewed about full size trucks too after limiting ability to purchase single cabs and claiming sales data showed low demand for those and families needed back seat room for the kids. Don't build it and nobody buys them. Who woulda ever thunk it? 🙃

Sadly my local Ford dealer has lost our business after buying our new 2018 F-150 Sport SCab and my 2022 Maverick, as well as my wife wanting to upgrade her 2 row SUV. We found other manufacturers building and selling vehicles we actually WANTED Instead of being forced to compromise with inferior offerings from Ford.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The buy two cars instead thing was the dumbest thing I read out of all of the reviews. 25k doesn’t get you much in terms of a used car these days anyway
disagree. Me and wife only get new cars maybe every 10 years and have multiple vehicles for different purposes. Our RV and F-150 aren't daily drivers but serve a designated purpose. Only buy what we need and pay cash or big down-payment on short term low interest and pay off early. We keep our current vehicles and add to the herd as needed.

Chassis N2531

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
what time frame and criteria used for this? Was it based on 5G that wasn't developed for the US market initially and only a halfhearted attempt to re-enter the mid size segment the abandoned in US for 7 years? Total misdirection and BS excuse.

Ask yourself why the rest of the world gets multiple choices of cab and bed sizes but we don't? Don't other countries have buyers with families too? And why build a high performance version when families surely have no use for that? I personally owned 1987, 1993 single cabs + 2002, 2006 SCabs and all had standard 6' beds. I never heard a single person complaining about not having a Crew Cab to haul their kids or full family using mini trucks as their only daily driver?

This is the same BS Ford spewed about full size trucks too after limiting ability to purchase single cabs and claiming sales data showed low demand for those and families needed back seat room for the kids. Don't build it and nobody buys them. Who woulda ever thunk it? 🙃

Sadly my local Ford dealer has lost our business after buying our new 2018 F-150 Sport SCab and my 2022 Maverick, as well as my wife wanting to upgrade her 2 row SUV. We found other manufacturers building and selling vehicles we actually WANTED Instead of being forced to compromise with inferior offerings from Ford.
Sounds like you're pissed you won't be getting a heavily discounted leftover regular or super cab that nobody wanted. Even my 22 year old single son bought a crew cab truck. Why? To haul his siblings and friends in. Its got enough utility with 4x4, towing, and bedspace for him. I think Ford's assessment is correct. I don't think your dealer is gonna miss ya.

Last edited:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Cool. Let me know where you order your Toyota from... :rolleyes:
I got mine at a Nissan Dealer. It's called a Frontier King Cab SV. Even came with a 310 hp V6 standard - no waiting. :wink:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like you're pissed you won't be getting a heavily discounted leftover regular or super cab that nobody wanted. Even my 22 year old single son bought a crew cab truck. Why? To haul his siblings and friends in. I don't think your dealer is gonna miss ya.
You could not be more wrong. I got my 2024 King Cab SV in December and love it. Sold the Maverick back to my dealer for $575 less than I paid them for it November 2022. Frontier is feature packed for $37.5 k OTD and beats the hell out of any XLT or Lariat. Kept my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 70k original in pristine condition. It's now getting a cat back, open intake and performance tune for its birthday 🎂 this month. Both fully paid off and gets me insurance bundling discount too. Life is good my friend :like:

Sponsored

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
I got mine at a Nissan Dealer. It's called a Frontier King Cab SV. Even came with a 310 hp V6 standard - no waiting. :wink:
Shouldn’t you be on a Nissan forum? There must be something better to do with your time then typing endless negative posts on here about a truck that you aren’t buying, it’s a little weird. It’s like a scorned ex girlfriend type of vibe.

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
Wow! The old ranger looks tiny! One of my main reasons for waiting for the 2024 is the wider, and longer wheel base. I like the stability for winter driving in Alaska. And I love the parking ability, and ease of getting it in to a small garage vs a full size truck. All the plusses, without the minuses.

Love how the Gen 6 looks like a real truck, and you don't realize it's not full size until you see it next to an F-150.

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
You could not be more wrong. I got my 2024 King Cab SV in December and love it. Sold the Maverick back to my dealer for $575 less than I paid them for it November 2022. Frontier is feature packed for $37.5 k OTD and beats the hell out of any XLT or Lariat. Kept my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 70k original in pristine condition. It's now getting a cat back, open intake and performance tune for its birthday 🎂 this month. Both fully paid off and gets me insurance bundling discount too. Life is good my friend :like:
Congrats? I don't see how this has anything to do with the new Ranger.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline

Auto manufacturers research the entire market, not just their own sales. Pretty sure Ford researched Tacoma, GM twins, Honda, etc, etc when making decisions. If your logic was sound, then everything would still have a manual transmission option...meanwhile, only Toyota offers one in the US. And that's inspite of there being manual transmission options across the world. What works in one country doesn't always work in another country...despite what we may all think.

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger

I haven't noticed any other config on the international version either. So how does the rest of the world get other option's? It's all supercab and 5ft bed.

Personally I fall into one who would only buy this config for my family. In fact the more leg room in the back was a factor in my choice of the ranger. I'm irritated that there is not rear heating as i thought that was what the dual hvac zone's was for when I purchased.
So yeah you have now heard of ppl (me).

This will be my daily driver and that is part of the reason Ididn't go with a F-150 it was to bigger than Iwanted.
It will be the vehicle we use as a family on trips as well in addition to being able to haul rock, pavers and other items for lawn and house projects.
Sponsored