• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fit and Finish

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
Picked up my Raptor yesterday. Many of the thing's others have mentioned were OK on mine. The positives....Minimal rust on the drivetrain parts and no rusty bolts that I could see. 19.5 miles on the odometer and I received the $1,000 rebate.

There are few things related to fit and finish that weren't quite right.

The driver's side door controls weren't seated properly. There was a noticeable gap compared to the passenger side. Fortunately, it seems I was able to press it into place.

I got the drop in bed liner, and it's installed crooked on the tailgate. You can see with the numbers that one side is over and the other under. I'll likely remove it and go with a Rhino liner. At least the $1,000 rebate offsets the $350 I shouldn't have spent.

The most annoying thing which is small but always visible to me is three cuts on the driver's side console leather trim piece.

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish Over

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish PassengerDoor

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish Driver's door

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish Underside2

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish CutsOnConsole

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish Under

OP
OP

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was a fly (MI) and drive (FL). The dealer was great but not something I could reasonably have them take care of due to the logistics. I'm guessing if I take it to a dealer in FL they will tell me to pound sand as I have no proof it arrived like that. I had a very tight schedule and didn't notice it until I was on the road.

Sponsored
OP
OP

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Noticed a couple other spots where the interior is scratched/marked.

Steering column has a couple scratches. One is half an inch and the other an inch. B pillar also has a bunch of small marks on it that won't rub off.

Steering wheel is about an 1/8" off center. If I hold the wheel straight, vehicle drives noticeably left.

I had noticed the seats in the reviews didn't look so great with the leather being loose and someone else started a thread about their seats being the same way. Mine aren't terrible but definitely looser in some areas then others and noticeable. Rear seat hasn't been sat in that I know of, and the driver's side has some noticeable wrinkles compared to the passenger side.

Hood has to be slammed to get it to close.

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish 20240421_124457

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish 20240421_124511

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish 20240421_100741

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish 20240421_152700

0ak9

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I also had trouble opening and closing my hood. Seems like the latch placement might be slightly off.

OP
OP

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for sharing yours is similar Oak9. Agree on the placement seeming a bit off.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
I noticed the other day that the leather on the top rear of the driver's seat was sewn pretty poorly. The passenger seat is a nice smooth curve at the top, but the driver's seat has several notches and is basically 3 straight lines making the curve.

Among other things its pretty piss poor IMO. I definitely will never buy another vehicle right at the start of a new model production. :LOL:

I'll probably bring the truck in for an oil change at 1000 miles and bring my laundry list of poor QC with me to see how much the dealer will address.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I too had a hard time closing my hood on my Lariat too. My RAM Rebel was butter smooth this one not so much. :facepalm:

Sponsored
OP
OP

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More work for the dealer. The driver's side doors are not aligned well at all and seem to be causing noticeable wind noise. The front door has a larger gap up top, and the back door has a larger gap on the bottom.

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish 20240422_202850

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish 20240422_202903

OP
OP

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passenger doors look well aligned.

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish 20240422_202935

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish 20240422_202923

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
I too had a hard time closing my hood on my Lariat too. My RAM Rebel was butter smooth this one not so much. :facepalm:
Opened my Lariat the other day to check a fuse and had trouble closing the hood. Lowered it nicely and tried to push it shut - nope. Lifted it up and then dropped it for the hard slam - nope. Tried shutting it hard again and it shut. 🙄

JAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
It's too bad that the passenger side gaps look good, because the 'step' at the top of the front/rear door gap is horrible:
Ford Ranger Fit and Finish 1713878593302-k
Sponsored