• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Love this thread, and about time too!

Need/Want:
Heated mirrors

A "hold" feature to keep the truck stationary with the foot off the pedal while waiting at a stoplight (again, a la Mercedes)
Both things that are available and equipped on my 2019 Lariat
Sponsored

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Escape SEL 2010 RAV4 Sport
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Is the current thinking the next gen will be MY22

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
Love my 2019 Ranger Lariat 4XF, but the next generation should have fully powered seat adjustment; heated steering wheel; power sliding rear window; fully folding seats in rear cab and/or option for factory to remove them entirely; tailgate dampened with option for opening it down or across (competing trucks, and not just the Honda, have this already); improved stock shocks and/or option to have factory installation of Ford/Fox Leveling Kit as an accessory before taking delivery; 2.3 Eco-boost can stay on as the entry-level engine but with options for 2.7 Eco-boost, 3.3. hybrid, or 3.5 Eco-boost at higher trim levels, etc.

Sponsored

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Love my 2019 Ranger Lariat 4XF, but the next generation should have fully powered seat adjustment; heated steering wheel; power sliding rear window; fully folding seats in rear cab and/or option for factory to remove them entirely; tailgate dampened with option for opening it down or across (competing trucks, and not just the Honda, have this already); improved stock shocks and/or option to have factory installation of Ford/Fox Leveling Kit as an accessory before taking delivery; 2.3 Eco-boost can stay on as the entry-level engine but with options for 2.7 Eco-boost, 3.3. hybrid, or 3.5 Eco-boost at higher trim levels, etc.
What competing truck in the Ranger's market (other than the Ridgeline) has a horizontally opening tailgate option? Did I miss something? I've never heard of that outside of full-size trucks and the Ridgeline. :question:

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
On another note, why does anyone honestly think they need the 2.7 TT V6 engine in this truck? I'm absolutely dead serious. What does this truck not do with the current power output it has that you feel you need the 325 HP and 400 lb-ft of torque output of the 2.7 Ecoboost engine to accomplish or even more-so the 3.5 Ecoboost at 375 HP and 470 lb-ft of torque? What the hell are you trying to carry/tow?! I can imagine a hybrid option perhaps and maybe even a diesel, but anything pushing that far over 300 HP in a midsize truck? I think you're just shopping in the wrong market for what you really want...which is a full-size truck.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
On another note, why does anyone honestly think they need the 2.7 TT V6 engine in this truck? I'm absolutely dead serious. What does this truck not do with the current power output it has that you feel you need the 325 HP and 400 lb-ft of torque output of the 2.7 Ecoboost engine to accomplish or even more-so the 3.5 Ecoboost at 375 HP and 470 lb-ft of torque? What the hell are you trying to carry/tow?! I can imagine a hybrid option perhaps and maybe even a diesel, but anything pushing that far over 300 HP in a midsize truck? I think you're just shopping in the wrong market for what you really want...which is a full-size truck.
They need the bigger engine to haul their enormous manhood, of course.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
I think it is the "Tim Taylor Syndrome" - MORE POWER!!! :)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
Yep - it was my first car - I've owned it for 38 years now. About 10 years ago my son and I did a restoration on it - now it is my fun car I drive to shows. My best man at my wedding had a brown 76 too. It is a kick to drive - WAY different than the Ranger.

Edit: I couldn't resist - here is a photo of it when it was basically complete:
P3230027.JPG
SAWEEEEEET:like: Mine was a Triumph GT6+...no body knows what that is LOL...

Sponsored

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Get heated seats and heated mirrors with out the mandatory Sport Appearance Package

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
SAWEEEEEET:like: Mine was a Triumph GT6+...no body knows what that is LOL...
Guys my age come up to me and say "I used to have one of those - man it was fun. I wish I had never sold it". Then I get "kids" (anyone under 30) come up and can't figure out what it is - they've never seen one before.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
What competing truck in the Ranger's market (other than the Ridgeline) has a horizontally opening tailgate option? Did I miss something? I've never heard of that outside of full-size trucks and the Ridgeline. :question:
I was referring to the Ram multi-function tailgate, which opens horizontally in barn door fashion, with a 60/40 split. Admittedly, the Ram is a full-sized truck, and so we are comparing apples and oranges....

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
No one really "needs" it,it'd just a testosterone thing where we're never satisfied with what we have and want it to go faster. lol Heck my very first car I bought back in the late 70's was a '70 Dodge Challenger with a 383. It was a project car and came with a box of parts which included a tunnel ram and duel quads. Needles to say that came off after the fist couple tank of gas went down like there was a hole in the gas tank but it was fun while it lasted.

I'd like to see another engine option for the next gen Ranger but realistically you can get the same performance with a $400.00 tune like @Doc has on his. Only
difference is Fords will be warranted where the tune won't be,unless it's a Ford performance tune.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 1996 Ford 1t Powerstroke 4X4, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
People want lots of stuff and bigger until gas prices go up then they want littler and less and then some this and some of that. Automakers will make some of the goofiest crap and someone will buy it. What happens is auto makers are more concerned in attracting customers than making a mechanically sound vehicle. Be careful what you ask for you might get it. :curse:
Sponsored