• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

19rngr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Went to place and order today for a 5g/6g. The Order Bank opening has been delayed to August 2nd. I figure if I put an order in with every avaliable option, the order will eventually be converted to the 6g bodystyle with some luck. Either way, I had a 5g and loved it and want another one.
Sponsored

emmett

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
retired
How do you order? What's the website?

OP
OP
19rngr

19rngr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I always go directly to the dealership to place and order. When the Order Bank opens they can print a copy of your order. I suggest you and the dealership sign the build sheet so they don't try to jack the price above MSRP when the vehicle arrives.

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
thank you for the post. i've been feeling i was in the Twilight zone. i wrote a week or so back trying to get order guide info to have an order ready for the 18th which i was told was opening day. i have been getting no answer and a couple vague answers but no info .
Today i stopped there and more due to luck ended up speaking with the fellow I knew did their commercial orders. I was told the Ranger order opens on the 2nd. because of the lack of response I've been getting I didn't know whether to believe. he said to get in touch on the 2nd. will see.
so thank you for the post on the date sliding. i'm probably not helping the how to question. if there is a good answer I'd welcome it as well, but i thought you prepare an order on the web site and hit submit (no buttons to do so at the moment) and it goes to your chosen local dealer. i had once been told that they then contact you .

i admit i am not comfortable at this point believing i am in the process and properly so. i am just a bit paranoid having missed some order spots in recent months. in most cases it was the ability to start or request an order on the manufacturers web site and pay a deposit to enter the list . after that between dealer and manufacturer it got firmed up. my point though is that there was a process, you could see it and if you didnt act swiftly enough that opportunity would end as the order bank filled rapidly.

sorry, i'm not helping. but hopefully it will become evident as we near 8/2 and nag our dealers for some level of info and guidance. i am hoping for a 23 order guide and ultimately pricing.

i have actually wondered whether i should find a used tremor , if possible, or a new fx4 - or whether i should pray i can find the secret handshake to get in on a 23 tremor. i can't afford either but have been shopping for a vehicle over a year. like a fool i let my 05 king ranch dually diesel go just as this whole mess was starting. had under 40k miles. i didn't think I'd be walking again so someone got a bargain. i didn't realize. wish i had it now. i miss it terribly. will never afford another. anyway, wanted some type EV with a range extender but the market is insane, and i miss my truck. i didnt think i could do ranger. tried to sit in one and it was painfull for me to bend and contort to get in. a 150 i was ok if it had an a pillar handle. the in the last week someone let me sit in a tremor ranger and i didnt think it was as painfull. something about the spacing on the hoop step and body. i'd like more interior rook but otherwise have been hoarding info ever since. i'd still do a 150 or ram crew cab but they're so expensive.

apologies, stay safe.

Grizzly

paulford8

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge AWD Ecoboost
Occupation
Engineer
I just called and made arrangements to come in next week but sounds similar. They cant see options on the Ranger order board so the salesman couldnt tell me if they were same as the 2022 or if new options were in there. He said the picture looked like it was the re-design but nothing he could do. I am going to try again! Still not 100% am ordering, if its a 5G I may sit on my Edge a while longer or trade on a used 5G.

Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
nd order. When the Order Bank opens they can print a copy of your order. I suggest you and the dealership sign the build sheet so they don't try to jack the price above MSRP when the vehicle arrives.
I just called and made arrangements to come in next week but sounds similar. They cant see options on the Ranger order board so the salesman couldnt tell me if they were same as the 2022 or if new options were in there. He said the picture looked like it was the re-design but nothing he could do. I am going to try again! Still not 100% am ordering, if its a 5G I may sit on my Edge a while longer or trade on a used 5G.
The order bank is 100% for the 5G. The 6G hasn't even officially announced in NA yet.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 FX4 Blackout
Occupation
Architect
The order bank is 100% for the 5G. The 6G hasn't even officially announced in NA yet.
How could it be for 6G anyway? The 5Gs haven't even come out yet. 2019-2022 are 4G Rangers. The 2023 - ? will be the 5th generation of the Ranger.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
How could it be for 6G anyway? The 5Gs haven't even come out yet. 2019-2022 are 4G Rangers. The 2023 - ? will be the 5th generation of the Ranger.
Unless they count the world market PK Ranger (badge engineered Mazda Bravo/BT-50) as the fourth generation, but yeah the 2023- is the fifth generation for the USA.

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
Is there a way to clarify to avoid confusion? This forum in its name and title is saying ranger 6G and 23+.
In my case I just started focusing here believing it is the new model year that Ford and the Dealers imply the order banks are being opened for.

Reading the last couple posts makes me want to ask as I have been puzzled why the local rep says the order gets placed based on the available 22 order info and then they have to convert it to 23 once the 23 order guide is available.

I admit that I have been watching reviews from Australia and reading info more specific to a US version. Regardless of of which forum I am supposed to be monitoring more closely, the vehicle seems nice and possibly capable.

(Though I do wish they would keep the hand brake lever. But I am happy (at 105F today) to see they finally added some HVAC vents for the rear. Now if I could get the rear window to drop like I see in the Tundra :) )

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Is there a way to clarify to avoid confusion? This forum in its name and title is saying ranger 6G and 23+.
In my case I just started focusing here believing it is the new model year that Ford and the Dealers imply the order banks are being opened for.

Reading the last couple posts makes me want to ask as I have been puzzled why the local rep says the order gets placed based on the available 22 order info and then they have to convert it to 23 once the 23 order guide is available.
Ask Ford, the forum people are assuming that the next generation vehicle is coming to the US in 2023 based off loose statements from Ford executives. But because you tend to sell the model year 23 in 22 (for example) it confuses things even more. But I suspect the next gen won't actually be in the US until late this year.

Sponsored

paulford8

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge AWD Ecoboost
Occupation
Engineer
Ask Ford, the forum people are assuming that the next generation vehicle is coming to the US in 2023 based off loose statements from Ford executives. But because you tend to sell the model year 23 in 22 (for example) it confuses things even more. But I suspect the next gen won't actually be in the US until late this year.
At least in my case (sounds like most) the dealer isnt clear on dates. I have asked but they dont seem to have much detail, salesman told me today Ford hasnt shared as much on the Ranger yet.

The dealer I talked to had a 2021 Tremor traded into a sister dealer...... They are getting it moved to their lot today, likely going to take a look at it. The smart thing for me to do is wait until I can order a 6G...... That said a 5G tremor isnt all bad.

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
"Ask Ford, the forum people"

Asking Ford and listening to the Forum is what prompted the query.

I have spoken with Ford.

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
Please. I would really appreciate hearing the pricing the dealer tells you on the used Tremor. Even if by PM. The reason is because there is a used one I have access to also . I was debating that it may be simpler than waiting to order etc. but the dealer started with it priced at 43.9k when I first went to see it and after rejecting my offer now has it listed at 45.9k.

I imagine there are folks that will pay that but in a normal world (prior whatever version of now you subscribe to) I wouldn't value a used one there knowing the msrp of new. Not even considering that we used to be able to purchase new at msrp discount.

It is the used tremor that made me like the Ranger. All trims I sat in before this caused great pain (I have spine damage from a failed surgury) I assume its the ergonomics on the Tremor steps that make some level of difference in the bending necessary to enter and exit- For me.

Affordability, due to my current situation, is a big deal but it just seems too pricey when figuring what the estimates have been for the revised model that will be 2 years newer, full warranty and the changes themselves.

I am also though one that would go for a full size if my situation were different. Ranger looks and is awesome but full size for whatever reason is easier and less painful to get in and out.

paulford8

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge AWD Ecoboost
Occupation
Engineer
They listed it at 39,995 with 9,700 miles. Its not the 6G I wanted...... but the Tremor is pretty a sweet/well equipped truck. I think the deciding factor is my Edge, I need a pretty good offer from them for it to make the money work.

I have been watching a while and have seen what you see. Dealer wanting new pricing for used trucks..... I had a buddy flat out walk of a dealer and use another dealer because of it. He could have ordered one for less than what they wanted, they told "we paid to much for it, no room to discount". He tried to explain that was their problem not his, didnt work. Drove 30 miles down the road and got a great deal.

I am swinging by tonight. If I end up pulling the trigger I wont be getting a 6G for a while as I would have to drive this Tremor for a few years.

Last edited:

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
Thank you so much !! and its too funny reading your post while recalling the same scenarios. . not isolated to RAM but in my shopping have walked out for various reasons including having an agreed number only to have the dealer "require" certain add ons. another for last minute requirement to finance only with them or pay more

But I am always amused by that statement you mentioned. How can these dealers survive when each one pays too much and cannot possibly lower their price. its even more amusing when the very number that they won't accept that is lower than they paid, becomes the price they are asking for a month later.

its becoming a royal pain though as i sold my vehicles to get something new just as this was starting and i cant stand not having a vehicle. I've always had multiples and now beg to borrow my wifes car.

thank you for your input. the one i am referring too is a lariat tremor and a bit over 6K miles . i believe it was actually 39.2 that I offered thinking I'd be done with it. sorry i should have tried to write this better. thank you so much for the info. you made me feel better about my valuation. the dealer treid to make me think i was crazy and I felt i was being more generous thanI'd have been a year ago.

looks like ordering msrp based on 22 data will be an msrp around 49 . every penny matters for me . hopefully I can get something thank you again
Sponsored