• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

US - Interesting Convo with Dealer about 2023 Order Banks

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I just had an interesting convo with my dealer. They contacted me and said Order banks are opening soon for the 2023 Ranger and inquired if i was still interested in putting a deposit and order down.

I said to them that my understanding was the 2023 orders is for the current Generation and not the "NEW" 6th Gen Ranger.
They said from their impression from Ford that order banks across the board open for the New Ranger the same time with production of the 6th Gen coming sometime in the middle of 2023 for the New Ranger. However, they are going to look into it for me.

If that is accurate, then that would mean that 2023 maybe a "split" model year. Who knows what is actually going on though lol
Sponsored

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
Well Gen6 prodution doesn't start until May 2023. Seems silly to start taking orders 9 months in advance and building up a huge backlog. But then again. Bronco......

Maybe they will do what Ram did and run the current gen and next gen at the same time.

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Well Gen6 prodution doesn't start until May 2023. Seems silly to start taking orders 9 months in advance and building up a huge backlog. But then again. Bronco......

Maybe they will do what Ram did and run the current gen and next gen at the same time.
Yea when I told them that did not make a lot of sense then they said they'd get back to me.
The update they just sent said the General Manager will be in tomorrow with more info and will give me a call. The sales manager wasn't exactly sure. I think I should probably look into other area dealers hahaha

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Yeah unfortunately I learned that sales people are just there to sell and in this market, it doesn't really need that much effort or knowledge to do that. I had posted a few weeks an article that's title was 2023 ranger order banks to open July, and it explicitly said it was the current 5th gen. There's no way it is the 6th gen as it hasn't even been officially announced yet. As people have posted in this forums, the announcement will probably come in the fall, and then order banks opening 2 months after that or so.

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Yeah unfortunately I learned that sales people are just there to sell and in this market, it doesn't really need that much effort or knowledge to do that. I had posted a few weeks an article that's title was 2023 ranger order banks to open July, and it explicitly said it was the current 5th gen. There's no way it is the 6th gen as it hasn't even been officially announced yet. As people have posted in this forums, the announcement will probably come in the fall, and then order banks opening 2 months after that or so.
oh I’m sure this is how it will happen. However a man can dream haha

Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
It is annoying how Ford and Toyota are still producing current gen stuff, but I get it. They are just trying to use remaining parts of the current gen before they switch.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
It is annoying how Ford and Toyota are still producing current gen stuff, but I get it. They are just trying to use remaining parts of the current gen before they switch.
nothing unusual about this. It is how it's always been done. There's always overlap between outgoing model and new incoming model. They need to have something to continue to sell in case there are development delays producing the new model.
Sponsored