• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
OP
OP
19rngr

19rngr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I am bailing and buying this one to be manufactured this week.

Ford Ranger 2023 Ranger Order Bank Opening slips to August 2nd Screenshot_20220802-131724_Chrome
Sponsored

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
At least the 2023 order guide dropped today. Still a Gen 5 which was pretty much known already. But for the naysayers it confirms.
Thank you for the info. I finally called my dealer is totally unresponsive but their caller ID appears to be working. Without the detail what I finally got was my appointment now tomorrow night instead of today and for the new model 23. Thankfully I have the information from this group.

I don't know if their thought was to convert when the new model came out. They had mentioned it once that way but again, that was referencing model years and not generations.

Is the order guide referenced by chance posted anywhere. I'd love to do my homework before I go in. I had built a tremor with the web site a month or 2 back.

I see the wild track in a post here. The dealer told me there is not and will not be
A wild track for ranger.
I only knew I had seen reviews of it in Australia.

Maybe its time to look at an outback wilderness with a trailer?
I wonder if a 4x8 (thinking pickup bed size) trailer with sides is big bucks. I love a pickup but I've been trying to replace my 05 dually king ranch diesel for over a year now. I made a big mistake selling that just as the covid adventure was getting under way. The prices for used are insane . They are for new as well. I have learned during my endless shopping that I am in love with the 19 and up ram 1500 limited. Reclining back seats, 12 inch screen, storage in floor. Ram boxes or without. Air suspension. What a sweet vehicle. Unfortunately a kings ransom in current climate.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
Thank you for the info. I finally called my dealer is totally unresponsive but their caller ID appears to be working. Without the detail what I finally got was my appointment now tomorrow night instead of today and for the new model 23. Thankfully I have the information from this group.

I don't know if their thought was to convert when the new model came out. They had mentioned it once that way but again, that was referencing model years and not generations.

Is the order guide referenced by chance posted anywhere. I'd love to do my homework before I go in. I had built a tremor with the web site a month or 2 back.

I see the wild track in a post here. The dealer told me there is not and will not be
A wild track for ranger.
I only knew I had seen reviews of it in Australia.

I wonder if a 4x8 (thinking pickup bed size) trailer with sides is big bucks. I love a pickup but I've been trying to replace my 05 dually king ranch diesel for over a year now. I made a big mistake selling that just as the covid adventure was getting under way. The prices for used are insane . They are for new as well. I have learned during my endless shopping that I am in love with the 19 and up ram 1500 limited. Reclining back seats, 12 inch screen, storage in floor. Ram boxes or without. Air suspension. What a sweet vehicle. Unfortunately a kings ransom in current climate.
Here is the 2023 Ranger order guide. Very minimal changes.

2023 Ranger Order Guides (U.S. & Canada)

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
Thank you!. I'm having trouble getting to it from my phone but finally at least see the opening.

It confuses me . I see deleted colors including avalanche and orange. I thought those were new for the new model. I've been debating the orange.

I am thankful for the information you sent.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!. I'm having trouble getting to it from my phone but finally at least see the opening.

It confuses me . I see deleted colors including avalanche and orange. I thought those were new for the new model. I've been debating the orange.

I am thankful for the information you sent.
Avalanche was exclusive to the Splash Snow Edition. Cyber Orange just ran it's course. Doesn't mean either won't come back for the Gen 6.

Sponsored

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
My understanding was 23 would be the new truck.

Does this mean that 23 will all be the old model? And the new model will now be a 24?

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My understanding was 23 would be the new truck.

Does this mean that 23 will all be the old model? And the new model will now be a 24?
The first 2023s will be the current Gen 5 model. Gen 6 will either be 2023.5 or 2024.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I’ve thought about this as well. The Outback Wilderness XT is surprisingly nice to drive, and fairly quick.
Ive thought about just getting one of those el cheapo harbor freight folding 4x8 trailers but I’m in no hurry to replace my F150. I want something smaller but i can wait if need be. My friend has the Bronco Sport with this set up (couldn’t have a full size trailer due to garage size and HOA rules and he loves it.
Also my wife mentioned buying a pontoon next summer, so if we do that a tow vehicle smaller than a ranger is out of the question.

greeenguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I came in the dealership yesterday excited to order my 2023 Ranger after having done lots of research indicating that the 2023 Ranger was a new generation with redesigned exterior and interior. I was absolutely surprised to find out from the dealership's order books that the changes between the 2023 and the 2022 Ranger were minimal and not at all in line with everything that I read online saying US models are going 6G and ordering starting this fall.

Then I found this forum and y'all are not surprised by this information and in fact expected the 2023 Ranger to have minimal changes -- at least for now. My question is, how did y'all know that the 2023 Rangers were initially not going to be 6G? Everywhere I read, including local dealerships and reliable car sources, strongly said that 6G 2023 Rangers would be ready to order July/August of this year.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I came in the dealership yesterday excited to order my 2023 Ranger after having done lots of research indicating that the 2023 Ranger was a new generation with redesigned exterior and interior. I was absolutely surprised to find out from the dealership's order books that the changes between the 2023 and the 2022 Ranger were minimal and not at all in line with everything that I read online saying US models are going 6G and ordering starting this fall.

Then I found this forum and y'all are not surprised by this information and in fact expected the 2023 Ranger to have minimal changes -- at least for now. My question is, how did y'all know that the 2023 Rangers were initially not going to be 6G? Everywhere I read, including local dealerships and reliable car sources, strongly said that 6G 2023 Rangers would be ready to order July/August of this year.
I think it might've been in the "ordering..." subforum but somewhere was a leaked timeline that showed NA production beginning in May 2023. That was a while ago though, so maybe some things have been pushed since then, however that timeline was accurate for the ROW launch and what not.
So i think a lot of people think the New 6g Ranger for the NA market will be a 2024 model year, maybe a 2023.5 model year.

Sponsored

JeffB

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Mazda 6
I think it might've been in the "ordering..." subforum but somewhere was a leaked timeline that showed NA production beginning in May 2023. That was a while ago though, so maybe some things have been pushed since then, however that timeline was accurate for the ROW launch and what not.
So i think a lot of people think the New 6g Ranger for the NA market will be a 2024 model year, maybe a 2023.5 model year.
If one orders now, or when able to,,, wonder if they would switch the build to the G6?

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
If one orders now, or when able to,,, wonder if they would switch the build to the G6?
Yea, don't think there's a chance for that unless it was a Bronco or something. Your best bet is to wait for the official unveiling of the 2024 G6 model and order as soon as the order banks open.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
With Ford's track record on the Bronco and Maverick... i wouldn't bank on anything.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
How could it be for 6G anyway? The 5Gs haven't even come out yet. 2019-2022 are 4G Rangers. The 2023 - ? will be the 5th generation of the Ranger.
This is actually really confusing. The forums seem to count the '89-92 facelifted Gen 1 as a Gen 2 whereas many places consider 83-92 as Gen 1, 93-97 Gen 2, 98-2012 Gen 3 and 2019+ Gen 4. Don't ask me who decided one face-lift should be new Gen whereas the others weren't, but whatever.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 FX4 Blackout
Occupation
Architect
This is actually really confusing. The forums seem to count the '89-92 facelifted Gen 1 as a Gen 2 whereas many places consider 83-92 as Gen 1, 93-97 Gen 2, 98-2012 Gen 3 and 2019+ Gen 4. Don't ask me who decided one face-lift should be new Gen whereas the others weren't, but whatever.
Well, I was actually referring to Ford's own website where they listed the Ranger generations. The current gen ('19-'22) is listed as the 4th gen. That's why I'm a bit confused on these websites. The 5G website is all about the '19-'21 generation. But, according to Ford, that's only the 4th gen. Oh well...
Sponsored