• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4Runner, 2019 CR-V, 2017 Civic, 2006 Explorer
You have to remember the Canyon comes with the 2.7l as well at that price point.

A Canyon Denali with 2.7l, trailering package (7700 rating), ventilated seats, driver HUD, and moonroof comes in at $54k. I don't think the Ranger Lariat stands much of a chance at $51k for people who actually want decent options.
Except the GM twins come with a defective A8 transmission. Getcha some if you are into that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So just for fun I built a truck on the American website (us Canadians are still waiting for B&P). Built a lariat and it came out to $68,000 CAD ($50k US). So then I built a similarly equipped lariat 2023 on the Canadian website and it came out to $54,000 CAD ($39k US).

Is Ford out of their mind?! Over $12,000 price increase for basically the same model of truck. I understand prices are increasing on items, but this is insane. I paid $64,000 for my XLT 302A F150 with the 5.0 and some other good options a year ago.

How in the hell is Ford justifying the pricing on these trucks?

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 and 2020 F350 and 2022 Ford Escape
$50k for a Lariat Fx4. Sheesh. When they release the 2.7l, thatā€™ll mean around $52k if the upgrade cost the same as the Bronco (and thatā€™s assuming they donā€™t charge extra for 4a, if they offer it, like they do in the Bronco too). Too rich for my blood.

If they come out with a Tremor package later itā€™ll be dang near the price of a Raptor.

Iā€™m definitely waiting to see if PCOs and factory incentives make a come back later or Iā€™m just gonna get a Colorado. I can get everything I want in a loaded z71 for $46k OTD.
That's what I am seeing. If I build a Lariat and add a Tremor package which was $4200 last year and a 2.7 for 2k I am at nearly the exact same price as a Raptor.
Wonder if Ford's plan is to sell more Raptors and not even have a Tremor package?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
Trust me, you donā€™t want ā€œdual zone electronic climate controlā€. If itā€™s anything like the Broncoā€™s system, itā€™s a bug-ridden, mind-of-its-own, pain in the ass. I really want the heated power seats that you can only get with the XLT High package, but I could live without the rear power slider and the larger display screen, and I hate the electronic A/C system. But this is where we are these days. A la carte ordering is a thing of the pastā€¦

Iā€™ve only just begun exploring Chevyā€™s B&P, and itā€™s even worse than Fordā€™s! Talk about having buy all kinds of crap you donā€™t need in order to get one thing that you doā€¦ šŸ˜–
I have it in my '21 with no problems. It's not the dual zone that interest me, it's auto climate control.
Climate control is set it and forget it. I set the temp to 72deg, and it's always 72deg regardless of outside temperature. Manual AC control isn't that precises, it's just whatever at whatever you turn the temp knob to. Very old school.

Dealers make a killing on financing, extended warranties, paint/interior protection plans, and dealer options. The few thousand they get from a single Raptor should burn any good will they had with the customer.
Yeah, don't do that through the dealer unless you can get 2% or under finance. Get the ESP from Granger or Flood Ford. All other acc are cheaper and better aftermarket.

Cnyce413

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger FX4
Occupation
Dpw
Just left dealer in western mass one of the larger ones in the state. They say they're getting 2 raptors. I'm getting the first one priced at around 57k and say they're charging msrp

Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
So just for fun I built a truck on the American website (us Canadians are still waiting for B&P). Built a lariat and it came out to $68,000 CAD ($50k US). So then I built a similarly equipped lariat 2023 on the Canadian website and it came out to $54,000 CAD ($39k US).

Is Ford out of their mind?! Over $12,000 price increase for basically the same model of truck. I understand prices are increasing on items, but this is insane. I paid $64,000 for my XLT 302A F150 with the 5.0 and some other good options a year ago.

Hate how it takes them so much longer to get B&P out for us after the US. Because you canā€™t go off of exchange rates, weā€™re usually priced under what the exchange rate would suggest. Our Lariat, once we get B&P, probably wonā€™t be $68K.

To check this, I built a Lariat on the .ca site & it came to $54,265. Equipped the same on the .com site, it came to $47,000 even. That suggests a price differential of only 15%, much less than exchange rates alone would suggest. So now the $50K US 2024 comes out to be $57,500, a much more reasonable number, assuming the price differential stays the same. Hardly cheap, but thankfully we donā€™t have to pay for cars in US$ based on the exchange rate or nobody could afford them.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier

You must be messing with some packages because when I did the same (how I wanted it of course) I saw only a little over 5k difference

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Yeah, don't do that through the dealer unless you can get 2% or under finance. Get the ESP from Granger or Flood Ford. All other acc are cheaper and better aftermarket.
I think you and @Bt_okst were missing my point. I wasn't suggesting anyone do those things. I was saying that dealers make a killing on those things because 90-95% of their customer DO purchase the extras and get the financing. Therefore, dealers who charge markups are contemptible and deserve to lose business over it.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
I think you and @Bt_okst were missing my point. I wasn't suggesting anyone do those things. I was saying that dealers make a killing on those things because 90-95% of their customer DO purchase the extras and get the financing. Therefore, dealers who charge markups are contemptible and deserve to lose business over it.
Not every dealer that takes advantage of msrp pricing or mark ups on ltd production vehicles is a volume dealer or employs those other tactics for profit. You're making a generalization and it doesn't apply to all dealers or situations. And these smaller or honest dealers don't deserve to go broke over taken advantage of making profit on the cars that they can. They lose $ or make little money on plenty to offset this limited opportunity to make more.

Last edited:

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
I would never buy a Canyon no matter what the options or price is. There are too many nice trucks out there for me to drive a GM.

Sponsored

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
What is ESP Granger and Flood Ford?

Cnyce413

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger FX4
Occupation
Dpw
Has anyone actually been able to get one ordered yet at the dealership? The guy where I'm getting mine said he doesn't see the bank opened up. I got my purchase order setup just waiting to be entered into the system. He text me now ans said they checked and still nothing.... this is a bigger dealership that sell many raptors and all the sick performance trucks that you don't typically see at other dealers

btguenther

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Platinum / 2005 Mustang Convertible
Has anyone actually been able to get one ordered yet at the dealership? The guy where I'm getting mine said he doesn't see the bank opened up. I got my purchase order setup just waiting to be entered into the system. He text me now ans said they checked and still nothing.... this is a bigger dealership that sell many raptors and all the sick performance trucks that you don't typically see at other dealers
Iā€™m having the same experience. My dealer is ready to put my Raptor order in and said the banks arenā€™t open yet. Hoping I donā€™t get bamboozled.

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
I just got back from a dealer in my area to order an XLT and the order banks weren't open yet. They were asking for MSRP plus a $499 doc fee. I haven't bought a new vehicle in a few years, but it used to be that MSRP was referred to as the "sucker price". I have two more appointments with dealers today, do I have any hope of negotiating below MSRP?

Last edited:

Cnyce413

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger FX4
Occupation
Dpw
Iā€™m having the same experience. My dealer is ready to put my Raptor order in and said the banks arenā€™t open yet. Hoping I donā€™t get bamboozled.
Exactly what I'm thinking.. my local dealer who told me I could order one last week(I chose to go with the bigger dealer an hour away) just text me and Said they have one on order and it's 10k over.. so I never got the chance to pick any options on it

šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž the bigger dealer follows though on the promise I'm #1 on the list and I get it at msrp
Sponsored