• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

BadBoyBillyRaptorRanger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
How many of you are interested in this root beer color? If this color is an actual option I wonder how popular it would be.
I have a cyber orange Badlands I would love it if Ford offered another yellow! But this root beer is growing on me!
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE

BadBoyBillyRaptorRanger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
No longer a surprise but certainly still disappointing that this "Raptor" will not be available with 35" tires. Hell, the new Chevy Bison will have 35" tires.
The Bison never offered 35”! Sell the 33” for $1200 and buy 35”! This is my plan plus I can buy the ties I want not what the factory offers. So what I’m out 800 dollars.

Latour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Well you do realise the Wildtrak X has only the Biturbo diesel in global markets, not the V6. Nor does it have bead locking wheels. It only gains the Bilstein dampers and the 4A t-case with the couple of extra terrain modes. Nothing special really.
Yes, aware. Ford wouldn’t dare offer the diesel if they did launch avWildtrack compatible vehicle. I would settle for the same wheels and tires offered on the US Raptor.

WhatExit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F350 6.7L; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition

BadBoyBillyRaptorRanger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
I'd bet if you threw some air assist on the rear axle, you'd be able to handle the 7500 like the standard trims.
Again, you've missed the point. Want to tow or carry heavy loads, then by a regular Ranger. (The load bit though is a little different in the US, our global Rangers have significantly higher payloads than yours does, with the work truck trims rivaling the F-250).

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
How many of you are interested in this root beer color? If this color is an actual option I wonder how popular it would be.
I have a cyber orange Badlands I would love it if Ford offered another yellow! But this root beer is growing on me!
I’m loving this color! Looking forward to seeing it IRL & hoping it really does look that good.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Interesting observation at Automotive News

The 2024 Ranger Raptor, which expands Ford's line of high-performance off-roaders into the midsize pickup segment, costs 67 percent more than the truck's base model but shares most of the same parts.
The point is about maximizing profit by offering more high cost models / trim levels with the same basic engineering. Nothing revolutionary here. All the manufacturers have reduced their lineups to the most profitable mix of vehicles. The time of the loss leader entry level small cars is over.

I'm thankful Ford is offering the Ranger Raptor here in North America.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX

The point is about maximizing profit by offering more high cost models / trim levels with the same basic engineering. Nothing revolutionary here. All the manufacturers have reduced their lineups to the most profitable mix of vehicles. The time of the loss leader entry level small cars is over.

100%

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the colorado out and tacoma coming out shortly and think it forced ford to jump. I'm expecting some late availabilities and added features down the road that they couldn't ramp up for yet. Remember they're having to retool the plant to accommodate this truck and they don't want to hamper their bronco production from the same plant.

However,
I dont think Ford, with the maverick and #1 selling truck in the f150, see ranger as a top priority, especially volume wise. Maybe they'll surprise me, but I think they're more in this segment out of necessity than want to.

Their cash cow, the F series trucks, are and will likely always be their priority, and they don't want sales of it canibalized.

Reactions: MJE

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor

That statement is bending reality a little, the Raptor has the high spec interior, the highest spec engine, a completely re-engineered chassis that is significantly stronger, suspension that contains relatively high cost components (the Fox shocks are not cheap). So I think it's an interesting take from Automotive News on this one, it's not just a stickers and wheels pack.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That statement is bending reality a little, the Raptor has the high spec interior, the highest spec engine, a completely re-engineered chassis that is significantly stronger, suspension that contains relatively high cost components (the Fox shocks are not cheap). So I think it's an interesting take from Automotive News on this one, it's not just a stickers and wheels pack.
Correct. Pretty poor take by them and very misleading.
Sponsored