• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Raptor Feedback Needed - $5K over MSRP

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
I just happened to find an allocation somewhat near me (1 hour away).
He wants $5K over MSRP. Anyone know if that's normal in Wisconsin?
Also, he wants $1K for a deposit and says it isn't refundable.
I thought that I read that they were refundable for some reason.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
I think at this stage you will most likely either pay a $5k ADM for an allocation, or you will find one on a lot in a few months for $5k ADM, or you can wait and try to order a 2025 for MSRP. $1k deposit isn't bad. Just weird because they can easily sell it if you don't pick it up.

I'm not sure if I'd have walked away from the RR if I couldn't get an order in at MSRP. After taxes and fees my total is $61,586 which is already $86 more than my first house (2017, small town).

Whether it's worth $65k+ to you is all on you, but there is a reason why they still have the allocation available.

OP
OP

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Whether it's worth $65k+ to you is all on you, but there is a reason why they still have the allocation available.
He said they just got it last week based on their sales of raptors. He said this is their 3rd (or 4th?)

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
I just happened to find an allocation somewhat near me (1 hour away).
He wants $5K over MSRP. Anyone know if that's normal in Wisconsin?
Also, he wants $1K for a deposit and says it isn't refundable.
I thought that I read that they were refundable for some reason.

Thoughts?
That's exactly what I paid. 5k markup, 1k down. IMHO, prices are only going to go up. They are being listed on cars.com for $75k and above.

Sponsored
OP
OP

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
That's exactly what I paid. 5k markup, 1k down. IMHO, prices are only going to go up. They are being listed on cars.com for $75k and above.
Interestingly enough, I called a "more local" Ford in my town and was able to speak with their Internet Sales Manager. I told her my situation. Essentially, I asked if dealer markup of $5K was normal for the area. If not, I would just let this allocation go and wait on their list for a 2025 allocation.

She said that it was actually normal for the area and she also mentioned that 1) they had no allocations and 2) She couldn't disclose how many people or where I would sit on the the 2025 waiting list for allocations, but that people have been waiting years on that list.
After that I asked her point blank, "So, i think you are saying that the fact that I found an allocation is sort of a rare occurrence and it's a good opportunity?" She confirmed that.
That rang true to me since she was essentially pushing me off to one of their competitors.

Anyway, I called the other sales guy back and we walked through the numbers again. I'm waiting on the Purchase Agreement, but he mentioned that he would "round down" the total to $61,500 (which essentially becomes only a $4305 markup. I'll see if he "misstated" something when he sends the actual Purchase Agreement over.

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
Interestingly enough, I called a "more local" Ford in my town and was able to speak with their Internet Sales Manager. I told her my situation. Essentially, I asked if dealer markup of $5K was normal for the area. If not, I would just let this allocation go and wait on their list for a 2025 allocation.

She said that it was actually normal for the area and she also mentioned that 1) they had no allocations and 2) She couldn't disclose how many people or where I would sit on the the 2025 waiting list for allocations, but that people have been waiting years on that list.
After that I asked her point blank, "So, i think you are saying that the fact that I found an allocation is sort of a rare occurrence and it's a good opportunity?" She confirmed that.
That rang true to me since she was essentially pushing me off to one of their competitors.

Anyway, I called the other sales guy back and we walked through the numbers again. I'm waiting on the Purchase Agreement, but he mentioned that he would "round down" the total to $61,500 (which essentially becomes only a $4305 markup. I'll see if he "misstated" something when he sends the actual Purchase Agreement over.
I think that's perfectly reasonable. I should have tried to get them down to 3k, but just had the feeling that they had plenty of people wanting to buy that allocation, and I honestly believe the value will only go up.

Check out the prices on F150 Raptors.

How about that picture I posted that claims to have sold one for $158k? Some rich person must have really wanted it, and dealer saw him/her coming from a mile away!

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5, Ranger Raptor on order
I have orders in at 3 different dealerships. One got picked up today to be built. Unfortuately its at the one dealership asking 5k over. That being said, the two I have at dealerships asking MSRP I have no faith will be picked up. The order that got picked up is the only Range Raptor allocation this store is getting for the year. I suppose Im willing to pay the 5k over in order to get it.

OP
OP

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
I have orders in at 3 different dealerships. One got picked up today to be built. Unfortuately its at the one dealership asking 5k over. That being said, the two I have at dealerships asking MSRP I have no faith will be picked up. The order that got picked up is the only Range Raptor allocation this store is getting for the year. I suppose Im willing to pay the 5k over in order to get it.
Did you sign a Purchase Agreement at the time you made the order?
I know that having a Purchase Agreement will lock in the price, but I wonder what the penalty is for the buyer when canceling the Purchase Agreement.

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you sign a Purchase Agreement at the time you made the order?
I know that having a Purchase Agreement will lock in the price, but I wonder what the penalty is for the buyer when canceling the Purchase Agreement.
I did, but they said the deposit is refundable if I cancel. I dont know why anyone would not refund a deposit on a car they know will be sold before it arrives anyway.

Sponsored

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find it bad practice for a dealership to actually keep someones deposit. Here in NJ, I have never come across a dealership that wouldnt refund a deposit, regardles of a buyers order or not. With people being more vigilant of online ratings and reviews, I dont think a dealership could afford the negative press from keeping a deposit. Also, most dealerships would give in the moment you threaten a lawsuit.

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp

This entire process is really ridiculous in my opinion. Shame on these dealers.
I ordered my Raptor on 10/25/23 at MSRP. A couple weeks later I decided to call two other dealers near me and both had unclaimed allocations at MSRP. I posted them on Facebook and they were swiped up in minutes.
These dealers doing these ADM really piss me off, I do know the tables are turning and soon these ADM dealers will be begging for sales.

OP
OP

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
This entire process is really ridiculous in my opinion. Shame on these dealers.
I ordered my Raptor on 10/25/23 at MSRP. A couple weeks later I decided to call two other dealers near me and both had unclaimed allocations at MSRP. I posted them on Facebook and they were swiped up in minutes.
These dealers doing these ADM really piss me off, I do know the tables are turning and soon these ADM dealers will be begging for sales.
I just had a dealer email me that they had no allocations, but they had a scheduled Ranger Raptor in Hot Pepper Red coming in that hasn't been spoken for. Not my color, but also $2K less with a bunch of upgrades (block heater, spray in liner, Beadlock Wheels).

Now I'm torn.

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
I just had a dealer email me that they had no allocations, but they had a scheduled Ranger Raptor in Hot Pepper Red coming in that hasn't been spoken for. Not my color, but also $2K less with a bunch of upgrades (block heater, spray in liner, Beadlock Wheels).

Now I'm torn.
Sounds like you have a tough decision to make
Sponsored