• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Raptor Feedback Needed - $5K over MSRP

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
Thanks for that response! Do you happen to know what Ford Dealers in Wisconsin typically do the buyer needs to back out of the Purchase Agreement?

I found this snippet on the State of Wisconsin DoT.

So, that's like $3K
This is also on the same page, but I don't exactly know how this is applicable

Basically, I want to know what the penalty would be on me if the worst case scenario occurred. Lost a job, got hit by a bus, etc...
Wisconsin Legislature: Trans 139.05(5)(c)1.

Financial reasons is the biggest out.
(j) Clearly state financing contingencies in the manner provided in s. Trans 139.055. If the purchaser is unable to obtain acceptable financing, the purchaser may cancel or rescind the contract and shall, within one business day, receive a full refund of any down-payment, and return of trade-in vehicle, or title for trade-in vehicle, or both, and no penalty shall be assessed. If the trade-in vehicle is not available, the purchaser shall receive the trade-in allowance.

Only put down a deposit with a credit card. Don't provide them cash or a check.
Sponsored

OP
OP

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
It worked out!! The new dealer was able to change the stock order to meet my requirements at MSRP!
I put the order though! Yay!

maxxvito

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 RMT Overland
I just happened to find an allocation somewhat near me (1 hour away).
He wants $5K over MSRP. Anyone know if that's normal in Wisconsin?
Also, he wants $1K for a deposit and says it isn't refundable.
I thought that I read that they were refundable for some reason.

Thoughts?
Just depends on the dealer. After calling around, I was able to find one for MSRP and no deposit. I’m in MN too

OP
OP

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Granger Motors should be demolished. Who the hell do they think they are?
Maybe they are taking the Kohls approach. Charge double for everything and then give 35% off coupons. :D

Sponsored

hsun85

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Granger Motors should be demolished. Who the hell do they think they are?
That's probably an ordered unit that has been sold. They dont want people call and ask about it.

1986YellowRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
I still can’t believe Ford lets this crap happen. Meanwhile, Ford stock has been stagnant for almost 20 years. They are making dealers rich, screwing their investors, and screwing their loyal customers. A few calls to lawmakers in states where they have plants would open up the sell-direct market. Ford should only commit to maintaining or growing manufacturing in states that allow sell-direct.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granger advertises on this exact forum where you can order a ranger through them for 3% under invoice....i think you guys are getting outraged over nothing.

deep breathes, it'll be okay. not everything you see on the internet is true.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I still can’t believe Ford lets this crap happen. Meanwhile, Ford stock has been stagnant for almost 20 years. They are making dealers rich, screwing their investors, and screwing their loyal customers. A few calls to lawmakers in states where they have plants would open up the sell-direct market. Ford should only commit to maintaining or growing manufacturing in states that allow sell-direct.
Ford and all manufacturers are limited in what they can do due to federal franchise laws that date back to the 50s...back when franchises were small and virtually powerless vs. the OEM. Since then, there are numerous dealer groups that are million dollar companies, and even public in many instances. Unfortunately, the FTC appears to be reluctant to walk back those laws, thus allowing the government to to regulate.

That said, all this ADM exists because there are customers willing to pay it. Objects are only worth what they sell for. If no one was willing to pay 5k, 10k, 50k over ADM...then we wouldn't have this problem and dealers would not be enabled.

Or, the manufacturer can do what it appears Ford did with the Bronco Raptor: Raising the MSRP by $18k since launch...essentially from $75k to $95k. There will be fewer people willing spend over $100k for that vs. under $100k. The flipside of that is that the broader public will chastise Ford for raising the MSRP.

Last edited:

Sponsored

maxxvito

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 RMT Overland
Granger advertises on this exact forum where you can order a ranger through them for 3% under invoice....i think you guys are getting outraged over nothing.

deep breathes, it'll be okay. not everything you see on the internet is true.
As if there’s never been multiple dealerships who outrageously mark up new model vehicles. The C8 Corvette, the new Hummer are perfect examples. Are you new to cars or something?

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As if there’s never been multiple dealerships who outrageously mark up new model vehicles. The C8 Corvette, the new Hummer are perfect examples. Are you new to cars or something?
They literally advertise on this forum that you can get it under invoice and they have been doing it since the ranger5g forums, the bronco forums, and the maverick forums. They aren't going to advertise a 3% under invoice price and then mark it up 3.5x.

They are the only dealer that has advertised for years on these forums to get Ford vehciles under invoice...so im guessing you're the one that is new to cars if you don't realize that.

Not everything you see on the internet is true. deep breathes. i get it, you feel embarrassed for believing such a dumb thing and immediately calling for "them to be demolished" without doing a bit of critical thinking first.

no one here is saying cars don't get marked up. not a single person.

Last edited:

maxxvito

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 RMT Overland
They literally advertise on this forum that you can get it under invoice and they have been doing it since the ranger5g forums, the bronco forums, and the maverick forums. They aren't going to advertise a 3% under invoice price and then mark it up 3.5x.

They are the only dealer that has advertised for years on these forums to get Ford vehciles under invoice...so im guessing you're the one that is new to cars if you don't realize that.

Not everything you see on the internet is true. deep breathes. i get it, you feel embarrassed for believing such a dumb thing and immediately calling for "them to be demolished" without doing a bit of critical thinking first.

no one here is saying cars don't get marked up. not a single person.
My guy, it is not unbelievable that a dealership would mark it up that much. You said it yourself that dealerships do it.
I’m starting to think you work for them, because it’s odd you are defending it to this extent. Have fun being a weirdo

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guy, it is not unbelievable that a dealership would mark it up that much. You said it yourself that dealerships do it.
I’m starting to think you work for them, because it’s odd you are defending it to this extent. Have fun being a weirdo
It is unbelievable that a dealership would mark up a ranger for 3x the msrp, yes. Find me one actual case of this happening. Heck, find a case of a dealer marking it up 2x msrp. This isn't a c8 corvette or a hummer. It's a ford ranger. No dealer is selling a ford ranger for $158,000

And yes, if you weren't "new to cars" you would recognize the only dealer that has had a presence on every ford forum for the last 5+ years as the dealer who sells vehicles under invoice.

maybe just don't immediately overreact next time? especially over something that isn't based in reality.

https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/order-a-new-ranger-at-3-under-invoice.7104/

Last edited: