• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Looking like 10k over MSRP is going to be the standard for the Ranger Raptor at (most) dealerships

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Yeah you're going to have to quote me saying that because I was only responding to someone saying something about what prices people pay at car auctions like Barrett's.
No thanks. You've already proven you have no interest in intelligent debate here. Mama always told me not to fight a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Adios đź‘‹
Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
No thanks. You've already proven you have no interest in intelligent debate here. Mama always told me not to fight a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Adios đź‘‹
So basically you were told you made a mistake and instead of a simple, "Oh I see, my bad" you basically double down. Mama did a fine job indeed.

Ford Ranger Looking like 10k over MSRP is going to be the standard for the Ranger Raptor at (most) dealerships giphy

OP
OP
Zaman

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
Will have to be their one and only stock order. There are no retail raptor orders allowed yet.
Okay so this ended up being an interesting situation, curious for your thoughts.

All week I’ve heard dealers and folks on here say that at this time, each dealership will only be getting 1 allocation and that it would be a stock order. This particular dealership is located in down South and the gentlemen told me they didn’t have a single stock allocation, but they’d been told they should be expecting around 5 allocations and they expect to receive those in the coming few days.

This contradicts the whole “1 allocation per dealer thing” but I don’t believe they’re intentionally misleading me. He’d spoken to folks at the dealership and they were confident this was the case. They took a $100 deposit, asked me to send my build to them, and said that once that the allocations open for them they’ll push it through.

Either different dealerships are getting different information, or perhaps this dealer is wrong? Frankly, I have NO problems waiting if they are incorrect since we’re closing on a house so no skin off my back if I actually have to wait a significant amount of time for them to actually get allocations- it just feels good to know that when I do eventually get it, itl be at MSRP.

Seriously though, what’s going on here? Aside from this situation there’s just been a huge mess of contradicting information. I’ve sent screen shots of order confirmations from these forums to dealers that didn’t believe me that you could order them now lol

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Okay so this ended up being an interesting situation, curious for your thoughts.

All week I’ve heard dealers and folks on here say that at this time, each dealership will only be getting 1 allocation and that it would be a stock order. This particular dealership is located in down South and the gentlemen told me they didn’t have a single stock allocation, but they’d been told they should be expecting around 5 allocations and they expect to receive those in the coming few days.

This contradicts the whole “1 allocation per dealer thing” but I don’t believe they’re intentionally misleading me. He’d spoken to folks at the dealership and they were confident this was the case. They took a $100 deposit, asked me to send my build to them, and said that once that the allocations open for them they’ll push it through.

Either different dealerships are getting different information, or perhaps this dealer is wrong? Frankly, I have NO problems waiting if they are incorrect since we’re closing on a house so no skin off my back if I actually have to wait a significant amount of time for them to actually get allocations- it just feels good to know that when I do eventually get it, itl be at MSRP.

Seriously though, what’s going on here? Aside from this situation there’s just been a huge mess of contradicting information. I’ve sent screen shots of order confirmations from these forums to dealers that didn’t believe me that you could order them now lol
I can assure you that's not accurate. The metric for raptor allocation isn't even being released until q4. They get 1, like all other dealers at first.

They're either misinformed or not telling the truth to people.

And no one is getting any Raptors for a while as production of rangers doesn't start until August and the ok to buy hasn't even happened for the Raptor. Most likely won't arrive til end of year if I had to guess or later.

OP
OP
Zaman

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can assure you that's not accurate. The metric for raptor allocation isn't even being released until q4. They get 1, like all other dealers at first.

They're either misinformed or not telling the truth to people.

And no one is getting any Raptors for a while as production of rangers doesn't start until August and the ok to buy hasn't even happened for the Raptor. Most likely won't arrive til end of year if I had to guess or later.
That's odd, I'll shoot them a message. Gentlemen that helped was a really nice guy just trying to help out, didn't seem like he was up to no good (unlike MANY folks I talked to elsewhere).

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist

I am starting to wonder of this is the case. How can so many people be getting completely different answers. It almost seems like 50/50 people getting 1 stock answers or no issues with taking multiple orders.

I'm not doubting people's sources, but I am starting to wonder if different dealers are getting different information. It doesn't make sense why people would be getting such different answers.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's odd, I'll shoot them a message. Gentlemen that helped was a really nice guy just trying to help out, didn't seem like he was up to no good (unlike MANY folks I talked to elsewhere).
He may simply not know or may not have seen or been privy to the dealer bulletin and dealer video conference.

And not all dealers tell their employees everything.

If everyone knew there'd be only one, many interested parties wouldn't come in and be switched to other models, or different vehicles, or get put on list for later.

This wasn't info that was supposed to be public knowledge, but once it gad all ready been leaked, it didn't seem it would matter to talk about it.

And it's possible some dealers aren't sharing this as to not deter customers from coming in.

OP
OP
Zaman

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am starting to wonder of this is the case. How can so many people be getting completely different answers. It almost seems like 50/50 people getting 1 stock answers or no issues with taking multiple orders.

I'm not doubting people's sources, but I am starting to wonder if different dealers are getting different information. It doesn't make sense why people would be getting such different answers.
Agree. Yesterday I spoke to an inventory manager, who then transferred me to a fleet manager in southern CA and both of them stated they’d not received any information on a dealer allocation just yet and told me no one is actually getting orders, I had to send them proof that folks were getting build confirmations from this forum and they were perplexed. And this was a high volume location in LA.

I wonder if Ford is perhaps rolling these “stock” allocations out in a staggered manner? And even then, maybe some things have changed since the initial communications about 1-per

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Agree. Yesterday I spoke to an inventory manager, who then transferred me to a fleet manager in southern CA and both of them stated they’d not received any information on a dealer allocation just yet and told me no one is actually getting orders, I had to send them proof that folks were getting build confirmations from this forum and they were perplexed. And this was a high volume location in LA.

I wonder if Ford is perhaps rolling these “stock” allocations out in a staggered manner? And even then, maybe some things have changed since the initial communications about 1-per
Seems like we could be set up for another disasterous launch.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Ford out here playing 4D chess, making sure every product launch is a disaster so their cars are perpetually out of reach for most people thus driving up demand and keeping prices inflated. lol 🥴

Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus ST
I went to my only local dealer Tuesday. I'm first in line for raptor. Just pure dumb luck I guess.

He said he had not had a single inquiry till I walked in.
Same for my Lariat I just ordered

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
And I'm with you on not being willing to pay these administrative fees etc. But just because I don't want to and won't doesn't make it wrong for other people. That's my choice and opinion, but they're entitled to theirs.
But you keep telling everyone on here they're wrong for having THEIR opinion then say they're entitled to it. Sorry but they are a fool for paying $10K or more for anything that's a depreciating asset! I would bet 90% will never use the Raptor to it's full potential, heck even half its potential. I see where it's a want as I want one too but no way it's worth more than msrp. Most of these payments will be at or over $1K/month for 60-72 months not including insurance. That's a long time to be paying for a toy but many do it and many regret it later. Especially when retirement comes around and they realize they're no where near where they need to be financially. But that's a whole other discussion. lol

Housing is different because many NEED a home and rents are sky high so in most areas it makes more sense to own. At least with real estate the market will change and rebound and your house will appreciate in value. Unlike a Raptor where it will most defiantly depreciate and you'll lose money unless you flip it right away.

Plus, who cares if these dealers have had lean years? Just about every business goes through this but it doesn't make it right to gouge your customers. You take the good with the bad and in the end it will all work out. One thing I've learned after being in business for 36+ years is a bad reputation gets around much faster than a good one. I've worked right through every recession since 1990. Why, because I always charged a fair price and gave the same service/quality on every job. Sure there were lean times especially in '08 but we never did not go to work where many in construction closed their business.

So my point is everyone's entitled to their opinion and I think there's more in the camp that others are fools for overpaying. I'm not trying to argue with you just point out others views and why we see it this way. Yes, it's their money and they're entitled to as they please with it but it doesn't erase the fact that it's foolish in many other peoples eyes. :wink:

jcg2045

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor just ordered
I talked to 7 dealerships in my area before finding the right one. All but 2 were going to be over sticker.

1 wanted 15K over
2 wanted 10K over
2 wanted 5K over

Of the 2 that were at MSRP, one had to be reminded they said it would MSRP (It is where I ended up ordering). The other is over an hour away, and while they sell at MSRP for all vehicles, they had a 30 person deep waiting list. The dealership I ordered from, I was the first person to even ask.

Reactions: MJE

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But you keep telling everyone on here they're wrong for having THEIR opinion then say they're entitled to it. Sorry but they are a fool for paying $10K or more for anything that's a depreciating asset! I would bet 90% will never use the Raptor to it's full potential, heck even half its potential. I see where it's a want as I want one too but no way it's worth more than msrp. Most of these payments will be at or over $1K/month for 60-72 months not including insurance. That's a long time to be paying for a toy but many do it and many regret it later. Especially when retirement comes around and they realize they're no where near where they need to be financially. But that's a whole other discussion. lol

Housing is different because many NEED a home and rents are sky high so in most areas it makes more sense to own. At least with real estate the market will change and rebound and your house will appreciate in value. Unlike a Raptor where it will most defiantly depreciate and you'll lose money unless you flip it right away.

Plus, who cares if these dealers have had lean years? Just about every business goes through this but it doesn't make it right to gouge your customers. You take the good with the bad and in the end it will all work out. One thing I've learned after being in business for 36+ years is a bad reputation gets around much faster than a good one. I've worked right through every recession since 1990. Why, because I always charged a fair price and gave the same service/quality on every job. Sure there were lean times especially in '08 but we never did not go to work where many in construction closed their business.

So my point is everyone's entitled to their opinion and I think there's more in the camp that others are fools for overpaying. I'm not trying to argue with you just point out others views and why we see it this way. Yes, it's their money and they're entitled to as they please with it but it doesn't erase the fact that it's foolish in many other peoples eyes. :wink:
🤦‍♂️
Sponsored