• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Looking like 10k over MSRP is going to be the standard for the Ranger Raptor at (most) dealerships

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Only time you pay more than MSRP is if it increases in value, house’s increase in value. Raptors do not. Let me know how much profit you will make on the Raptor you paid 10k over in 1 or 2 years.
And I'm with you on not being willing to pay these administrative fees etc. But just because I don't want to and won't doesn't make it wrong for other people. That's my choice and opinion, but they're entitled to theirs.
Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I'm of the opinion that people driving 11 year old trucks are probably a bit out of touch on how the market is really working right now.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it does. You pay over MSRP to make money in the long term. 99% of cars lose money so why pay more than it’s worth? Makes no sense to me. But if you have that much disposable income then go for it. Itd not my money
Because they want it and that's their choice. People overpay for things everyday because they wanted the item. Happens with homes, at auctions, etc etc

So it's not just in cars that this occurs and again it's someone's choice if they want to make it. What something is worth to you and to someone else aren't always the same thing.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I think we need to be honest about what ADMs are, corporate price gouging. Plus, corporate price gouging is estimated to cause nearly 60% of recent inflation. I personally will never support a dealership that makes those business practices.
curious what your opinion is of auction houses like Barrett Jackson selling USED cars for way more than they went for new? I mean some are going for MILLIONS of dollars- and for what? Many are really OLD with no modern technology to add value. Because they are rare or something? Corporate gouging, or market forces dictating, value or?

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
curious what your opinion is of auction houses like Barrett Jackson selling USED cars for way more than they went for new? I mean some are going for MILLIONS of dollars- and for what? Many are really OLD with no modern technology to add value. Because they are rare or something? Corporate gouging, or market forces dictating, value or?
Boomers buying nostalgia is really all those amount to.

It makes sense, that is a generally wealthy generation. I don't think we will see the same cycle when all the different raptor types are 70 years old.

I believe classic car auctions are probably a one off thing in history.

Sponsored

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
I'm of the opinion that people driving 11 year old trucks are probably a bit out of touch on how the market is really working right now.
I know exactly how the market is. I was waiting for the Raptor and new Tacoma to be released to by a new one. My 11 year old truck has been paid off for 8 years. No need to buy a new truck till they released one that I wanted. I also put my order in and deposit down for the RRaptor at MSRP. Now it’s just a waiting game.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Only time you pay more than MSRP is if it increases in value, house’s increase in value. Raptors do not. Let me know how much profit you will make on the Raptor you paid 10k over in 1 or 2 years.
Don't think you are allowing for other people's life situations that may be different than yours. You gonna tell someone with a terminal illness and limited good years left they shouldn't buy a new vehicle because they can and don't care if it costs a little more to have and enjoy it NOW, instead of never on principal of not paying a markup?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Boomers buying nostalgia is really all those amount to.

It makes sense, that is a generally wealthy generation. I don't think we will see the same cycle when all the different raptor types are 70 years old.

I believe classic car auctions are probably a one off thing in history.
how old is MIchael Jordan? He just plopped down $3.5 Mil for a limited-edition supercar last week. How about Kartrashians and all their fancy expensive cars just because they can? What about Art auction houses that predate Boomers? How much does fine jewelry new or old cost? Wines? Cast a wider net here...

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
how old is MIchael Jordan? He just plopped down $3.5 Mil for a limited-edition supercar last week. How about Kartrashians and all their fancy expensive cars just because they can? What about Art auction houses that predate Boomers? Cast a wider net here...
Why are you bring up modern sports cars? The inquiry was about why people are going to auctions and paying for out-dated and rather shitty performance classic cars for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If anything you are proving my point. You know who has a garage full of super expensive old classic cars? Jay Leno. lol

Even people like Ken Block (younger generation) took an old ass mustang and basically rebuilt it with modern tech.

Also, it was not intended as something for you to get defensive over.

Icemilkteaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 m3 00 m5 15 335i 6sp 06lr3
I think you may be missing the point… you can place value on money, but there are other things that we value other than money. I plan on using the rr to travel and explore and camp with friends. Is there a value on that opportunity cost..? Not for me.

Sponsored

Phraf

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Occupation
Retired
If they made an agreement with you they should abide by it. That's fraudulent business practice and unethical as hell. I'm sorry that happened to you.
Ya it’s super annoying. I took my name off the other Ford dealers list because I thought it was a done deal. There’s I think 10 dealers within an hour of me and I was on 7 lists. It’s sad that people will pay 70k for a ranger, 57k was really tough for me.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Why are you bring up modern sports cars? The inquiry was about why people are going to auctions and paying for out-dated and rather shitty performance classic cars for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If anything you are proving my point. You know who has a garage full of super expensive old classic cars? Jay Leno. lol

Even people like Ken Block (younger generation) took an old ass mustang and basically rebuilt it with modern tech.

Also, it was not intended as something for you to get defensive over.
Response to you writing off people paying big $ including ADM as a 1 off due to "wealthy Boomer" generation and not likely to repeat as they age out and younger generations replace us.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Response to you writing off people paying big $ including ADM as a 1 off due to "wealthy Boomer" generation and not likely to repeat as they age out and younger generations replace us.
Yeah you're going to have to quote me saying that because I was only responding to someone saying something about what prices people pay at car auctions like Barrett's.

OP
OP
Zaman

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
Not that anyone cares for a personal update but I finally, after calling about 50 dealers today, spoke with a gentlemen who told me they'd submit an order on my behalf tomorrow for MSRP. Until he does it and it goes though I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but he was very confident he'd get it done first thing tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not that anyone cares for a personal update but I finally, after calling about 50 dealers today, spoke with a gentlemen who told me they'd submit an order on my behalf tomorrow for MSRP. Until he does it and it goes though I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but he was very confident he'd get it done first thing tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Will have to be their one and only stock order. There are no retail raptor orders allowed yet.
Sponsored