• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Total Retail Unscheduled Orders (11/27/23)

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They release outstanding Ranger orders for a reason, they must feel it benefits them.

They could release RR orders if they wanted to.

They make the rules and for some reason they release certain model numbers, but not others.

They either want RR sales kept from the consumers or the competition. But, why?
Or they have other reasons that you aren't privy too.

The strange conspiracy theories make you sound unhinged. It's really not as deep as you're assuming it is.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6753

Have you ever considered Ford has internal engineering protocols and policies that you as a consumer have no insight into?

Because more than likely that's the actual reason the numbers aren't combined.
Also the fact they are built at two different plants

Deleted member 6753

The negative ford Ranger raptor site is located at the Toyota rice burner site. I joined this site to learn more about the Ranger Raptor. My guess is the people that come here to complain are actually Toyota salesmen trying to sell their rice burners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wisdumb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1952 IH R-110, 1974 C3 Stingray, 1981 Yamaha G1
Occupation
IT Manager
Iā€™d settle for an automated email telling me nothing has happened at this point. I fancy myself a patient man but today marks 90 days of silence and itā€™s starting to make me nervous. Might need to grab a stick and go poke my salesman šŸ¤£
These days I'm pretty sure I know 10 times more about this truck than my salesperson.

Charlie4711

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Security Manager
These days I'm pretty sure I know 10 times more about this truck than my salesperson.
Well youā€™re not wrongā€¦.i kid you not, my guy didnā€™t even know about the strikeā€¦.

Sponsored

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
My dealer told me to check Ford Authority for info because "They know about everything before we hear about it from Ford"

As for the numbers stuff? We as the consumers aren't "supposed" to know any of the information in the commodity report. It's marked "Confidential" not "for immediate release". They know it's widely available though, so if they want to keep the raptor numbers from competitors they just don't put them in. Probably as simple as that.

I do wish we had all the numbers though, some more base for our mostly baseless speculations.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)

The strange conspiracy theories make you sound unhinged. It's really not as deep as you're assuming it is.
Out of curiosity, why have you been jumping down people's throats lately? I've noticed people asking legitimate questions and you respond with something harsh or snarky. You respondede to someone like that yesterday and today this. His theory was perfectly harmless and now you're calling him "unhinged"? It doesn't make sense to me.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of curiosity, why have you been jumping down people's throats lately? I've noticed people asking legitimate questions and you respond with something harsh or snarky. You respondede to someone like that yesterday and today this. His theory was perfectly harmless and now you're calling him "unhinged"? It doesn't make sense to me.
There's just no need for weird conspiracy theory speculation about Ford's internal processes.

I'm a software engineer and deal with the same stuff - people who think there's some grand conspiracy because we aren't implementing things exactly like they are imagining we should in their head. I read the same types of things people say about my work and laugh because they have 0 idea what they are talking about but they think they have it all figured out, which couldn't be further from the truth. At this end of the day it's just spreading misinformation and pushing baseless negativity onto this message board.

In general, the amount of grown men posting here obsessed with making themselves the victim is just getting really old and should be called out. This forum isn't a personal blog or a place to garner sympathy. It's a place to discuss the 6g ford ranger. If you decide to go with a tacoma or a GM twin, great! Go post about it on those forums instead of continually letting everyone know that you think the other trucks are so much better. No one asked and honestly no one cares lol

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
I don't think the guys "unhinged", he's just reading too deeply into it all because many of us active on here are the ones really waiting for it and we've got ourselves a bit worked up. Some a little worse than others, that's for sure.

I'll at least agree with you that it's stupid that some people stick around here seemingly just to trash the truck they're giving/have given up on. Instead of being overly negative here, be positive over at Tacoma4g or wherever there's community for your choice in truck.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
There's just no need for weird conspiracy theory speculation about Ford's internal processes.

I'm a software engineer and deal with the same stuff - people who think there's some grand conspiracy because we aren't implementing things exactly like they are imagining we should in their head. I read the same types of things people say about my work and laugh because they have 0 idea what they are talking about but they think they have it all figured out, which couldn't be further from the truth. At this end of the day it's just spreading misinformation and pushing baseless negativity onto this message board.

In general, the amount of grown men posting here obsessed with making themselves the victim is just getting really old and should be called out. This forum isn't a personal blog or a place to garner sympathy. It's a place to discuss the 6g ford ranger. If you decide to go with a tacoma or a GM twin, great! Go post about it on those forums instead of continually letting everyone know that you think the other trucks are so much better. No one asked and honestly no one cares lol
I get that, but I also understand everyone's frustrations right now as we continue to wait. Hopefully, in a couple months, everyone will have their truck and this forum can evolve into discussing truck performance and all their mods, which will be a lot more positive.

As for the talking about other manufacturers, I also don't want this to turn into a Taco or GM forum but I have no interest in visiting those other forums right now, so I like hearing about the big updates. I'm interested in what the competition is doing and I love mid-size trucks in general so a little discussion here and there is good.

Sponsored

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Buy a lotto ticket if you get scheduled for your Raptor. If not try again for 2025. šŸ˜¬

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged

There's no conspiracy theory.

I say they know the numbers and won't release them. You know darn well that's true. That's the extent of my "theory."

If the numbers were good for Ford, there's no reason they wouldn't be touting how popular the truck was, a la Tesla bragging about their orders and Ford bragging about their F-150 Lightning orders.

Ford is purposely omitting numbers by releasing all Ranger numbers except for one model, the Raptor. All I'm saying is it's either to keep the information from the consumer or the competition. Clearly they internally know how many RR orders are unfilled. If you dispute that, then you have much less faith in Ford than I do. I'm confident they know exactly how many Raptor orders there are... they just decided to keep them confidential.

And nobody know why. But there's a reason.

It's okay to be a fanboy, but to attack others as "unhinged" because they don't think a corporation is doing everything perfectly takes it to a new level. Get a grip.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's no conspiracy theory.

I say they know the numbers and won't release them. You know darn well that's true. That's the extent of my "theory."
I mean you've said your unfounded theories multiple times, acting like there's only two possible options when there could be many more that you aren't privy to. Here are direct quotes from your other posts

"Ford is either embarrassed by the construct of the numbers/demand, or trying to give RR some level of special invincibility by differentiating it from the rest of the Rangers. Either way, they're playing games. "

"They either want RR sales kept from the consumers or the competition."

It's a false dichotomy. Engineering teams do things for their own reasons, which make sense for their own processes. Those reasons might not make sense to the consumers and there's no reason that they need to. You're not entitled to understand the process. That's how every engineering team works.

Here's a reason that breaks your either/or dilemma -- the team who is responsible for managing that number isn't required to report it for this memo because they exist under a different management structure. Or another reason might be that the memo with the raptor number is shared to other people who don't care enough to leak it to the forum and risk their job. There are many reasons you aren't considering which are way more boring and plausible than some grand conspiracy of ford being embarrassed or secretive.

If I had to explain our engineering processes to every consumer that thinks they know better, I'd drink myself to death.

It's okay to be a fanboy, but to attack others as "unhinged" because they don't think a corporation is doing everything perfectly takes it to a new level. Get a grip.
I've owned one ford in my life. I've also owned an audi, a chevy, a pontiac, and a GMC. I'm not a ford fanboy in any sense. If anything i'm an audi fanboy. I'm still not 100% sold on a ranger, but at this moment it's the choice I've made because it fits my lifestyle the most.

But I'm also not trying to act like I understand why Ford's engineering team isn't being transparent with a memo that is already labeled "CONFIDENTIAL". Not every confidential memo is going to be given to this forum and that includes whatever memo may exist with RR numbers.

GypsyDaenger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Occupation
Electrician
Like what benefit is there to keeping raptors numbers quite?

Everyone who wants a RR this year isn't going to get one sorry but that's going to be the truth. It's a performance model that I would wager can only be allocated to a certain percentage of there annual build. It's the same with maverick hybrids, even if they had parts, they are not building more than they need to to balance their over all EPA and economy ratings. RR most likely falls to the other side of the spectrum. There's probably also a layer of self inflicted rarity to keep the models prestige. Toyotas gonna be the same way.

Last edited:

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
i think everyone is missing a very blatant point which is that we already know how many RRaptor orders there are. One per dealer, US and Canada. What percentage is dealer orders and what percentage is end customer orders is anyoneā€™s guess but, it doesnā€™t really matter.

Ford has no reason to be embarrassed about RRaptor numbers because theyā€™ve been getting embarrassed for YEARS by Toyota who sells double the number of Tacomas than any other competitors mid size truck.

The information at the top of the thread is privileged information Ford probably doesnā€™t even want us to know, released to dealers I believe. Why would they care about data you arenā€™t supposed to see embarrassing them? They donā€™t include Raptors becauseā€¦ see my first paragraph above.

By the way, Ford doesnā€™t release production numbers of FP vehicles. Theyā€™re counted amongst all trim levels of each model.

To reiterate:

1. Ford doesnā€™t care if theyā€™re embarrassed because they didnā€™t want you do see this information in the first place. Itā€™s for dealer knowledge, andā€¦
2. The number of orders is already known, so why do any of you care at all?
Sponsored