• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Total Retail Unscheduled Orders (11/27/23)

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
i think everyone is missing a very blatant point which is that we already know how many RRaptor orders there are. One per dealer, US and Canada. What percentage is dealer orders and what percentage is end customer orders is anyone’s guess but, it doesn’t really matter.
That's a good point because it at least puts a cap on the maximum number of orders.

I'll just add that around me there are quite a few small town dealers that don't get a lot of premium trims in stock because most people around could never afford it.

I can't imagine them with an RR as one of the dozen or so vehicles on their lot. So unless they got a call from somebody hours away that's really trying to get a retail order in... I can think of at least two less RRs in the backlog just from the Ford dealers I pass on my weekly drive up to NY.
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
That's a good point because it at least puts a cap on the maximum number of orders.

I'll just add that around me there are quite a few small town dealers that don't get a lot of premium trims in stock because most people around could never afford it.

I can't imagine them with an RR as one of the dozen or so vehicles on their lot. So unless they got a call from somebody hours away that's really trying to get a retail order in... I can think of at least two less RRs in the backlog just from the Ford dealers I pass on my weekly drive up to NY.
That’s what I was saying. I don’t know what percentage are already accounted for, but I highly highly doubt there’s any dealer that doesn’t have an order in. Because if they don’t have a customer lined up already, they certainly will in time. All those dealers with sky high ADM’s will lower them when it’s on the lot for three months. Even dealers that think they won’t sell it, would still be wise to order one because they can trade it to another dealer easily. Eventually a buyer will be found for every one of these.

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
There's just no need for weird conspiracy theory speculation about Ford's internal processes.

I'm a software engineer and deal with the same stuff - people who think there's some grand conspiracy because we aren't implementing things exactly like they are imagining we should in their head. I read the same types of things people say about my work and laugh because they have 0 idea what they are talking about but they think they have it all figured out, which couldn't be further from the truth. At this end of the day it's just spreading misinformation and pushing baseless negativity onto this message board.

In general, the amount of grown men posting here obsessed with making themselves the victim is just getting really old and should be called out. This forum isn't a personal blog or a place to garner sympathy. It's a place to discuss the 6g ford ranger. If you decide to go with a tacoma or a GM twin, great! Go post about it on those forums instead of continually letting everyone know that you think the other trucks are so much better. No one asked and honestly no one cares lol
Well said!! Thank you

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
i think everyone is missing a very blatant point which is that we already know how many RRaptor orders there are. One per dealer, US and Canada. What percentage is dealer orders and what percentage is end customer orders is anyone’s guess but, it doesn’t really matter.
Not quite, I don't think. Some dealers have taken and put in more orders than their allotment (1 per dealership). A couple local dealerships were willing to put in an order for me but their 1st allotments were spoken for, hence my need to use a dealership a couple hours away. So there very likely is a lot more orders than just 1 per dealership. But as we all know, Ford stated only the one allotment is being built at this time. Doesn't keep anyone from ordering one.

Sponsored

Hmc610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Taurus edge
That’s what I was saying. I don’t know what percentage are already accounted for, but I highly highly doubt there’s any dealer that doesn’t have an order in. Because if they don’t have a customer lined up already, they certainly will in time. All those dealers with sky high ADM’s will lower them when it’s on the lot for three months. Even dealers that think they won’t sell it, would still be wise to order one because they can trade it to another dealer easily. Eventually a buyer will be found for every one of these.

My small town dealer has at least three Ranger Raptors “on order”

Dipstick

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lincoln Nautilus, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I went to my local dealer last week to see if they had a Ranger Raptor on order. He showed me an order for a white RR with no additional options. He was willing to sell it to me for a 10k ADM and $2500 down payment non refundable. I told him to kiss my butt and walked out. While walking out he wanted to come up with a better offer and I just kept walking. Dealers in my area are real greedy.

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
My small town dealer has at least three Ranger Raptors “on order”
That's surprising. Like for example, I didn't think these guys would be using their RR allocation... but I haven't exactly called them so maybe I'm just making assumptions.
Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Total Retail Unscheduled Orders (11/27/23) Screenshot 2023-11-30 190431

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
They can order as many as they want. On the initial release they are only guaranteed one. The rest will eventually get built but it could take a while

Deleted member 6753

There's just no need for weird conspiracy theory speculation about Ford's internal processes.

I'm a software engineer and deal with the same stuff - people who think there's some grand conspiracy because we aren't implementing things exactly like they are imagining we should in their head. I read the same types of things people say about my work and laugh because they have 0 idea what they are talking about but they think they have it all figured out, which couldn't be further from the truth. At this end of the day it's just spreading misinformation and pushing baseless negativity onto this message board.

In general, the amount of grown men posting here obsessed with making themselves the victim is just getting really old and should be called out. This forum isn't a personal blog or a place to garner sympathy. It's a place to discuss the 6g ford ranger. If you decide to go with a tacoma or a GM twin, great! Go post about it on those forums instead of continually letting everyone know that you think the other trucks are so much better. No one asked and honestly no one cares lol
Well said, maybe I just found a honest Sales manager but mine told me when I ordered he had no idea when but I would get the truck I ordered and 0 mark up over MSRP. I’m actually hoping for a discount. My buddy in Houston ordered a 2024 F250 Platinum 7.3 with 10% off MSRP

Sponsored

Deleted member 6753

Well Toyota reviews are all over the internet today as expected. I sure wish Ford would get some preproduction models at least, into the hands of Motortrend, Car and Driver, and the like for some comparisons and hopefully good press.
Doesn’t matter no one wants a rice burner, wish the Toyota lovers would hang out on the Toyota forum

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I don't want a Toyota either but they do consistently outsell all other midsized pickups in the U.S. Rice Burner? Really? What year is this? World War 2 ended in 1945. :)

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
The Tacoma fans are in sticker shock from what I have read.
And you can't order one the way you want it....whatever the dealer orders is their stock and you take it or leave it.