• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
This is a pretty good video by the boys at TFL. A couple of observations...
  • The Ranger looks HUGE compared to the Frontier.
  • Cactus Gray (the color I ordered) looks amazing with the FX4 wheel and tire package.
I love the old school look of the Frontier, but after owning two of the previous gen frontiers, I am ready for a change.

Does anyone know if those General Grabber AT tires are the tires that are included on the FX4 package from factory? In other videos I have seen with FX4 trucks, the tires don't look as aggressive.

Sponsored

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
Yeah I still think the current Frontier is the best looking midsize truck on sale. Really wish Nissan would bring it into this decade.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
My Lariat FX4 package doesn't have those rims or tires. The tires are Goodyear Wrangler Territory AT on the Lariat.
Those rims are the sport rims which is only available on the XLT.

OP
OP

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas

Sponsored
OP
OP

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
I ordered the XLT FX4 which (according to the configurator) gets off-road tires (or all-terrains for additional cost). In the more recent videos and photos of XLT FX4 packages, it appears that they have replaced the Goodyear Wranglers (which some have mentioned as the factory tire) with the General Grabbers.
Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger vs. Nissan Frontier comparison by TFL 1711052912882-9x

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
Did anyone else notice that Andre's knees were close to touching the dash in the Nissan but were maybe 3in back on the Ranger. And rear passenger knees were touching the driver seat in the Nissan and not touching in the Ranger. However claimed the Nissan had more rear leg room. My eyes were telling a different story than they were reporting . :confused:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Yeah I still think the current Frontier is the best looking midsize truck on sale. Really wish Nissan would bring it into this decade.
I agree with you it is the best looking midsize right now, but it takes a little getting used to and not expecting all the sharp angles and plastic fascia all over like the others. Curious what you think Frontier is lacking needed to bring it into this century? Mine has the wonderful automatic start/stop system (A.S.S.) and REAR seat air ducts- what else do you need man! :LOL:

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Wow they must’ve gone pretty far in depth for a 23 min video. How did the 2 compare (for those who don’t watch many videos)?

PKDFW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
In my area, the Frontier has some really good discounts and a loaded Pro 4X is us the low 40s. I do like the Ranger's mpg and the ability to load a sheet of plywood between the wheel wells. Its payload and tow capacity is a lot higher too.

But we probably won't see any Ranger discounts for a while.

Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
The Frontier is not bad looking but I think it is pretty hard to beat the overall look of the Ranger Raptor.
My old ZR2 bison Duramax was close.
Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger vs. Nissan Frontier comparison by TFL IMG_5126

Reactions: MJE

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
This is a pretty good video by the boys at TFL. A couple of observations...
  • The Ranger looks HUGE compared to the Frontier.
  • Cactus Gray (the color I ordered) looks amazing with the FX4 wheel and tire package.
I love the old school look of the Frontier, but after owning two of the previous gen frontiers, I am ready for a change.

Does anyone know if those General Grabber AT tires are the tires that are included on the FX4 package from factory? In other videos I have seen with FX4 trucks, the tires don't look as aggressive.

I Totally don't agree that the Ranger looks Huge against the Frontier. I thought the Frontier was actually SMALLER than it appeared and when I saw them together I thought the Ranger was not as big as was made out to be. I specifically noted that when I saw the video. Whatever. I think that the Ford ecoboost is a winner, so long as people don't have turbo issues. It's slower off the line but quicker all around after that. The interior is more modern and the Cactus green is wow!... But the point of the Frontier is retro - so it's not really an apples to apples comparison. I like the look of the Nissan - I really do - but I love the Ford as well.

1986YellowRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Did anyone else notice that Andre's knees were close to touching the dash in the Nissan but were maybe 3in back on the Ranger. And rear passenger knees were touching the driver seat in the Nissan and not touching in the Ranger. However claimed the Nissan had more rear leg room. My eyes were telling a different story than they were reporting . :confused:
Andre was not in a comfortable driving position in the Frontier.
Wow they must’ve gone pretty far in depth for a 23 min video. How did the 2 compare (for those who don’t watch many videos)?
The guy with Andre was selling the Frontier HARD. They didn’t pick one over the other, but the Frontier interior looked dated compared to the Ranger, the engines were equal, Ranger destroyed the Frontier on payload and towing, Ranger looked like it had way more room for Back seat passengers. The Frontier had the fake roll bars which helped its look, but the Ranger still showed way better in my opinion.

Reactions: MJE

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
I'm not a Frontier fan at all. I don't see any advantages at all. I'd rather have a turbo four than a N/A V6. I've been driving a 2.3 Ranger for closing in on 3 years and it's been great. In normal driving, it effortlessly keeps up with traffic and has no problem blowing past if needed. I know some have slammed the Ranger for not having push start on all trims, but how can Nissan seriously not offer a telescoping wheel?
Sponsored