• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger XLT

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Gosh. That does nothing for me. It looks so........underwhelming. I was hoping they would fix the front end a little, toughen it up and do away with the minivan/suv bumper cover the same way they did the 2019 from the global truck. I hope they at least maintain the 10r80 and not the 10r60 like the Bronco got. I'm happy with my F-150 and will likely keep it for several years as long as it doesn't plague me problems, but IDK if Ford would be on my radar if I was shopping mid size. It looks so vanilla compared to the new Colorado/Canyon. I really feel like Ford is losing it's way. Putting way too much into the EV market and neglecting supply issues etc. I really think they're going to go through some very rough times. I am a lifelong Ford guy, so don't beat me up. I just really think they're heading down the wrong road........

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe Z71, Mustang GT
Looks very bland compared to the gm twins and Frontier. All I see is 2nd Gen Tacoma and Sport Tracā€¦ Itā€™s like it was designed in 2005. Especially in that silver. A nice extended cab with fun colors could save it.

tqd11sport

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Super Duty 7.3/ZF6
Occupation
Shepherd
This one looks so underwhelming as opposed to the Raptor. Can they at least level it and give it a foot longer bed? This thing looks too unibody, like a Maverick.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I have been wanting a new Ranger since the 5G made its debut in other markets in 2012. Then NA 5G came with no SuperCrew/longbed configurationā€¦ disappointment again. So for the last year Iā€™ve been pining away for a 6G Ranger still hopefully for a SuperCrew/longbed config. (especially after seeing that configuration in prototype form).

Now these images show up and I really donā€™t like the front bumper and the blacked out piece below the grill. Just looks like a cheap over-styled add on! The 5G bumper integration looks much better! Otherwise a great looking truck inside and out, but that front bumper as it meets the grill, not a fan at all! I never thought Iā€™d say this, but I might have to wait and see what the next gen Tacoma has to offer before I pull the trigger on a brand new midsize.

tqd11sport

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Super Duty 7.3/ZF6
Occupation
Shepherd
If they at least offer a supercab with a manual trans, I can overlook the styling. Would really like that supercab manual to be able to be a tremor package too. At that point, looks won't matter for me.

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I guess im confused by people complaining about the looks. We have known more or less what it would look like for over a year now. I'll admit, it looks much better in this color with the bash plate than it does in the pure white we saw last week. The new frontier looks like a discount tacoma, the tacoma isn't going to change much and will still be outdated inside like they have always been. And if you like the Colorado just go for that. Ford styling has ALWAYS been conservative so outside of the Raptor you're not going to see anything crazy or aggressive. Their styling has always been for middle age to older people who aren't after the aggro look. Sure, would I like more aggressive styling like the tacoma and Colorado, ya. That being said, im not going to be looking at the truck while driving it. I think this looks good and it will age well compared to some of the newer trucks from other brands.

also, I see a lot of people talk about how this just looks like a maverick or f-150 and im kinda surprised on a truck forum people don't realize every brand does this. Chevy SUVs and trucks look similar from the front as do Toyotas. They aren't putting this forward to compete with the Tacoma, that's the Raptor. They know their bread and butter are f-150s (and copying the style is a smart move there too as is copying parts of the maverick). Tacoma is going to be king of the hill on midsize and they know that.

I guess what I am surprised by is all the hate this is getting despite us knowing for a year what we were really going to get more or less for a year now. Members here from overseas love their new trucks and part of the reason I am getting it is the updated interior with the updated tech and comfort that is lacking in the other midsize trucks. Sure, I think the new Frontier looks better. The Tacoma is a prettier truck, but to hit everything I want the new Ranger is doing it for me even if the looks aren't made for a 20 something.

Xtreme Thunder

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
It's not super exciting, sans Raptor trim. Hopefully they didn't delete the rear step like ROW has on most trims that's not Raptor - a handy and nicely integrated feature. As far as final aesthetics, I wait to see in the flesh, but this is really narrowing down, from what I have seen, and places me in a narrow window of what I would prefer in the Ranger line-up. I always try to give Ford a shot, but they always omit something I prefer or the "feel" isn't worth the cost to me. In the end, it is a heavy refresh just like the next generation GM twins (2023 Colorado Z71 is currently my preference between this Ford and GM - have to see them in the flesh and test drive - even if that is possible these days) and Nissan Frontier. Interesting that 2024 Toyota Tacoma may actually be the most new midsize offering this time around. At least this segment is getting some attention - all previous models were extremely stale.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
If they at least offer a supercab with a manual trans, I can overlook the styling. Would really like that supercab manual to be able to be a tremor package too. At that point, looks won't matter for me.
I have a standard 2011 Ranger now. Still like rolling the gears, but dislike it when my back is flaring up. If they offer a Scab XLT FX4 with the Tremor package I 'm in. Never offered that package before with the Tremor and a standard tranny. This picture looks way better then the all white one that was posted. They just have to break up the colors on the front. I hope there's more negativity on the looks. Then maybe if I purchase one I can get it in a reasonable amount of time when I order it.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger XLT XLT

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I have been wanting a new Ranger since the 5G made its debut in other markets in 2012. Then NA 5G came with no SuperCrew/longbed configurationā€¦ disappointment again. So for the last year Iā€™ve been pining away for a 6G Ranger still hopefully for a SuperCrew/longbed config. (especially after seeing that configuration in prototype form).

Now these images show up and I really donā€™t like the front bumper and the blacked out piece below the grill. Just looks like a cheap over-styled add on! The 5G bumper integration looks much better! Otherwise a great looking truck inside and out, but that front bumper as it meets the grill, not a fan at all! I never thought Iā€™d say this, but I might have to wait and see what the next gen Tacoma has to offer before I pull the trigger on a brand new midsize.
just out of curiousity, what is it about that specific configuration that makes it attractive to you? I'm sure you have some uses in mind that make this configuration best for your needs....

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I have a standard 2011 Ranger now. Still like rolling the gears, but dislike it when my back is flaring up. If they offer a Scab XLT FX4 with the Tremor package I 'm in. Never offered that package before with the Tremor and a standard tranny. This picture looks way better then the all white one that was posted. They just have to break up the colors on the front. I hope there's more negativity on the looks. Then maybe if I purchase one I can get it in a reasonable amount of time when I order it.

XLT.png
I'm with you on the SCab. We already have an F-150 SCab Sport 4x4 with 6' foot bed that I really like- except it's just too big for a DD and smaller towing and hauling uses I frequently encounter. I'm hoping to get a Ranger SCab + 6' bed, but not go off-road heavy in my build. XL 2WD with FX2 will be all I need. TOTALLY agree with you on the looks negativity helping my chances to get 1 at MSRP with shortest wait time :like:

OP
OP
Slyder

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
It's going to take a while for the Aftermarket to come up with stuff for the front end, but the ARB Australia site has pictures up of the offerings they have so far.
They aren't the best looking (my personal opinion), but can give us a general idea of how the Aftermarket will possibly approach the 6G.

https://www.arb.com.au/ford-ranger-next-generation-2022-present/bull-bars/

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
It's going to take a while for the Aftermarket to come up with stuff for the front end, but the ARB Australia site has pictures up of the offerings they have so far.
They aren't the best looking (my personal opinion), but can give us a general idea of how the Aftermarket will possibly approach the 6G.

https://www.arb.com.au/ford-ranger-next-generation-2022-present/bull-bars/
Just put a Raptor Grill on it. You talk about over kill with the ARB bumper. We should start a post on how you would aftermarket your Ranger. I work at a trades school. If I could get this bumper welded up I would mount it. A lot of taking on and off to get it just right. 2019+ Ford Ranger Front Bumper Kit | Coastal Offroad . Made in my backyard.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just put a Raptor Grill on it. You talk about over kill with the ARB bumper. We should start a post on how you would aftermarket your Ranger. I work at a trades school. If I could get this bumper welded up I would mount it. A lot of taking on and off to get it just right. 2019+ Ford Ranger Front Bumper Kit | Coastal Offroad . Made in my backyard.
the raptor grille will not fit the normal 6g ranger. there are some differences that make them incompatible.
Sponsored