• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger XLT

OP
OP
Slyder

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Just put a Raptor Grill on it. You talk about over kill with the ARB bumper. We should start a post on how you would aftermarket your Ranger. I work at a trades school. If I could get this bumper welded up I would mount it. A lot of taking on and off to get it just right. 2019+ Ford Ranger Front Bumper Kit | Coastal Offroad . Made in my backyard.
Yeah, I agree with ARB bumpers and that they are over-kill in most cases.

I basically mentioned them as a visual reference as to how the Aftermarket may approach bumpers for it.

The Aftermarket will eventually have stuff to give the front end a different look, but if it's anything like how stuff has trickled out for the Bronco that may be 2+ years for a majority of them.

I think RTR may be one of the first few with parts for it, since their wheels should already do that and they seem to come out with grills for the vehicles they have parts for. I'm just using RTR as an example, since there are a lot of people who don't care for their products.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
just out of curiousity, what is it about that specific configuration that makes it attractive to you? I'm sure you have some uses in mind that make this configuration best for your needs....
Sure thing. My truck historyā€¦.First off, my first new vehicle was a ā€˜94 Ranger XLT SuperCab. Loved that truck but with a family in the plan, needed a SuperCrew (for child car seats) and replaced the Ranger with a brand new 2002 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew. 21+ years later Iā€™m still driving the same F-150. The last 4 years I have been in the market for a new midsize, but have not been willing to settle on anything in the segment (from any brand).

Present dayā€¦ married with two teenagers and a 65lb mutt, so a SuperCrew is still a must. In the 2+ decades since buying my F-150 all full-size trucks are now bigger than what I want to drive, especially in the back country or big city (I live in Charlotte, NC). With that said, I'm not at all interested in any full-size trucks!

As far as why Iā€™ve been holding out for a midsize SuperCrew/longbed configuration? My two main hobbies are mountain biking and paddling (kayak, SUP & canoe). Boats are either on the roof rack or in the bed with other gear and tailgate up. Tailgate need to be up to utilize a the 2ā€ receiver hitch to carry up to 4 mountain bikes (via Kuat bike rack). The 5.5ā€™ bed of my F-150 seems short at times and I certainly donā€™t want to go down to a 5ā€™ bed length! I do use my truck for getting loads of mulch, compost and lumber when volunteering for the local Mtn bike club. Iā€™m also taking Boy Scouts (and their gear) camping and backpacking too.

Letā€™s just say I often use my truck for a multitude of truck uses (both work and play). One common theme thoughā€¦ the longbed is more about the extra bed volume than payload since what I carry is typically more bulky than heavy. And why own a full-size when a midsize SuperCrew/Longbed gives you a longer bed with a ~8-10ā€ shorter overall length?

Thatā€™s my story and Iā€™m sticking to it.! šŸ˜ƒ

Last edited:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Sure thing. My truck historyā€¦.First off, my first new vehicle was a ā€˜94 Ranger XLT SuperCab. Loved that truck but with a family in the plan, needed a SuperCrew (for child car seats) and replaced the Ranger with a brand new 2002 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew. 21+ years later Iā€™m still driving the same F-150. The last 4 years I have been in the market for a new midsize, but have not been willing to settle on anything in the segment (from any brand).

Present dayā€¦ married with two teenagers and a 65lb mutt, so a SuperCrew is still a must. In the 2+ decades since buying my F-150 all full-size trucks are now bigger than what I want to drive, especially in the back country or big city (I live in Charlotte, NC). With that said, I'm not at all interested in any full-size trucks!

As far as why Iā€™ve been holding out for a midsize SuperCrew/longbed configuration? My two main hobbies are mountain biking and paddling (kayak, SUP & canoe). Boats are either on the roof rack or in the bed with other gear and tailgate up. Tailgate need to be up to utilize a the 2ā€ receiver hitch to carry up to 4 mountain bikes (via Kuat bike rack). The 5.5ā€™ bed of my F-150 seems short at times and I certainly donā€™t want to go down to a 5ā€™ bed length! I do use my truck for getting loads of mulch, compost and lumber when volunteering for the local Mtn bike club. Iā€™m also taking Boy Scouts (and their gear) camping and backpacking too.

Letā€™s just say I often use my truck for a multitude of truck uses (both work and play). One common theme thoughā€¦ the longbed is more about the extra bed volume than payload since what I carry is typically more bulky than heavy. And why own a full-size when a midsize SuperCrew/Longbed gives you a longer bed with a ~8-10ā€ shorter overall length?

Thatā€™s my story and Iā€™m sticking to it.! šŸ˜ƒ
cool story. Mine is more simple. Wife and I share our 2018 F-150, (my dirt bikes, her horses) but somewhere along the way she decided it's "hers" and it's rarely available when I might need it on short notice. We always shared better when we were a 2 truck family and I wanted a truck just for me. I bought a Maverick as it can do most stuff as a DD but has some compromises on size of bed & cab. I have several trailers I can tow with existing vehicles, but really want the longer bed + SCab if it is available on 6G Ranger. Then I would be set for life- who knows how long that may be šŸ„“

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
As far as why Iā€™ve been holding out for a midsize SuperCrew/longbed configuration? My two main hobbies are mountain biking and paddling (kayak, SUP & canoe). Boats are either on the roof rack or in the bed with other gear and tailgate up. Tailgate need to be up to utilize a the 2ā€ receiver hitch to carry up to 4 mountain bikes (via Kuat bike rack).
I'm also into mountain biking and I swear by these racks: https://latchitrack.com

I've used it with my Ranger and since you have to put the tailgate down, it gives you an extra 1.5 ft. of bed space. It's also way easier than dealing with a heavy hitch rack.

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gen 6 Ranger WildTrak
Occupation
I could tell you, but then Iā€™d have toā€¦
Gosh. That does nothing for me. It looks so........underwhelming. I was hoping they would fix the front end a little, toughen it up and do away with the minivan/suv bumper cover the same way they did the 2019 from the global truck. I hope they at least maintain the 10r80 and not the 10r60 like the Bronco got. I'm happy with my F-150 and will likely keep it for several years as long as it doesn't plague me problems, but IDK if Ford would be on my radar if I was shopping mid size. It looks so vanilla compared to the new Colorado/Canyon. I really feel like Ford is losing it's way. Putting way too much into the EV market and neglecting supply issues etc. I really think they're going to go through some very rough times. I am a lifelong Ford guy, so don't beat me up. I just really think they're heading down the wrong road........
Canā€™t speak to what itā€™s going to be back there, but out here the XLT is one of the lowest tier trim lines. Above it you have the Sport, WildTrak, and Raptor. My WildTrak is most comparable to the Tremor. Thereā€™s a TON of changes that went into them. Great features, great tech. Incredible capabilities that I hope transfer over. Lots of thought went into them it seemsā€¦ one of the best built, well equipped, capable trucks Iā€™ve driven in my life (my Raptors aside anyway.) I think yā€™all will like themā€¦.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger XLT BDD92189-A7B6-47EC-86DB-3AD101D3D8ED

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger XLT E99BA81A-6562-4DEE-9975-BABFACD58A4D

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger XLT 64F53C1A-569E-4BC0-ABDE-692109759ABC

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger XLT B1EA6BE7-780E-4457-8BFD-7FD8EC7701B7

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger XLT B634DF4F-52AF-4C31-AE20-C2EEA2F385D4

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger XLT 0CDCF337-5A6F-4266-A6E9-E26DB596010A

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's going to take a while for the Aftermarket to come up with stuff for the front end, but the ARB Australia site has pictures up of the offerings they have so far.
They aren't the best looking (my personal opinion), but can give us a general idea of how the Aftermarket will possibly approach the 6G.

https://www.arb.com.au/ford-ranger-next-generation-2022-present/bull-bars/
Take a look at Fordā€™s accessories page for the truck. Lots of fantastic add ons. Youā€™ll love the location for onboard air and others I think! Working on some upgrades for my Gen 6 WildTrak and will post pics when theyā€™re done, but with two years between the launch here and there the aftermarket will be pretty far ahead.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Canā€™t speak to what itā€™s going to be back there, but out here the XLT is one of the lowest tier trim lines. Above it you have the Sport, WildTrak, and Raptor. My WildTrak is most comparable to the Tremor. Thereā€™s a TON of changes that went into them. Great features, great tech. Incredible capabilities that I hope transfer over. Lots of thought went into them it seemsā€¦ one of the best built, well equipped, capable trucks Iā€™ve driven in my life (my Raptors aside anyway.) I think yā€™all will like themā€¦.
Since nobody has answered this for me yet... Does it have a heated steering wheel?

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Since nobody has answered this for me yet... Does it have a heated steering wheel?
It does. Heated wheel and seats. Haven't tried either of them yet as it's been hanging around 103 degrees these days!!

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does. Heated wheel and seats. Haven't tried either of them yet as it's been hanging around 103 degrees these days!!
how do you like the gear shift? it does look good not taking up a ton of space like a traditional PRNDL, but does it actually feel good to use?

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
how do you like the gear shift? it does look good not taking up a ton of space like a traditional PRNDL, but does it actually feel good to use?
Itā€™s not bad. When I first saw it I thought it was going to be one of those all electronic, ā€œJeep that killed Chekhovā€ kinda things. Itā€™s actually still got a notch for each gear. Height and reach is great. Can rest my hand there and still reach the climate controls if I need to. The manual mode allows you to shift with the buttons on the side of the stalk as well so you still have great control. All in all a good setup. The 10 speed is much smoother than the older ones. Have it in my Bronco and previous Raptors. Doesnā€™t feel like itā€™s searching. Smooth shifts up and down. Really has the software dialed in finally.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I guess im confused by people complaining about the looks. We have known more or less what it would look like for over a year now. I'll admit, it looks much better in this color with the bash plate than it does in the pure white we saw last week. The new frontier looks like a discount tacoma, the tacoma isn't going to change much and will still be outdated inside like they have always been. And if you like the Colorado just go for that. Ford styling has ALWAYS been conservative so outside of the Raptor you're not going to see anything crazy or aggressive. Their styling has always been for middle age to older people who aren't after the aggro look. Sure, would I like more aggressive styling like the tacoma and Colorado, ya. That being said, im not going to be looking at the truck while driving it. I think this looks good and it will age well compared to some of the newer trucks from other brands.

also, I see a lot of people talk about how this just looks like a maverick or f-150 and im kinda surprised on a truck forum people don't realize every brand does this. Chevy SUVs and trucks look similar from the front as do Toyotas. They aren't putting this forward to compete with the Tacoma, that's the Raptor. They know their bread and butter are f-150s (and copying the style is a smart move there too as is copying parts of the maverick). Tacoma is going to be king of the hill on midsize and they know that.

I guess what I am surprised by is all the hate this is getting despite us knowing for a year what we were really going to get more or less for a year now. Members here from overseas love their new trucks and part of the reason I am getting it is the updated interior with the updated tech and comfort that is lacking in the other midsize trucks. Sure, I think the new Frontier looks better. The Tacoma is a prettier truck, but to hit everything I want the new Ranger is doing it for me even if the looks aren't made for a 20 something.
I think the big hang up with most people (myself included) is thinking our bumper and front clip might look different. I was expecting the NA market to be different from the ROW Ranger (Using the 5G as a basis if this reasoning). I just assumed the bumper would be steel and there would be a color matched horizontal piece between the grill and bumper (similar to the Ranger Raptor). That black push bar looking trim just looks like a cheap over styled accessory held on with double sided 3M tape. I want to love it, just slightly disappointed. The color matched strip between the grill and bumper really dresses the front end up for me. It allows the grill and bumper to stand out on their own without being one big blob. Just my 2 cents.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Itā€™s hard to improve on the basic joy of riding a bike: wind in your hair, freedom of the road, and the satisfaction of human-powered movement. If you want to put your bike to work hauling cargo or commuting to the office, you will need some dirt bike accessories to make those journeys comfortable and fun. From the pedals you need while riding, to dirt bike accessories that enhance your riding experience, such as cup holders, gloves and more. Lucky for you, the vast majority of bicycles are highly and easily customizable, and there are a large number of electric bike accessories and bike accessories to choose from on our website. Practically all of these accessories will work for non-electric bikes and most electric bikes, too.
err what? šŸ¤” My dirt bikes are off-road specific motorcycles. None of my street bikes are running and registered at this time, so no wind in my hair open road adventures any time soon ;) I am actually interested in purchasing a strictly off-road E-Bike in the near future that are like a cross between a motorized mountain bike and slimmed down lightweight electric MXer. Still would rather have a mid-size truck for toting those around than my Maverick or F-150.

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey

BDD92189-A7B6-47EC-86DB-3AD101D3D8ED.jpeg

E99BA81A-6562-4DEE-9975-BABFACD58A4D.jpeg

64F53C1A-569E-4BC0-ABDE-692109759ABC.jpeg

B1EA6BE7-780E-4457-8BFD-7FD8EC7701B7.jpeg

B634DF4F-52AF-4C31-AE20-C2EEA2F385D4.jpeg

0CDCF337-5A6F-4266-A6E9-E26DB596010A.jpeg
That's exciting news! Thank you. Except you guys get a diesel and we get a GDI 2.3 l gas with tendency to build carbon deposits. Aside from that, I'm totally excited about the new model. Can't wait!.