• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

A few of my thoughts/issues with my new Raptor

deeper

First Name
Hristo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
Occupation
Superintendent electrical & electronics
How bad is fuel economy? I'm not super worried about this as a financial problem but more of a range problem. How far can you go on a tank?
With the EU version its about 13l/100 km on the highway at 140-150 km/h and In the city is close to 18//100 km
Sponsored

Kon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Next Gen
I drive in normal and as much 2H as possible and have a combined consumption of 16.7L, not much highway though.
Aussie Raptor here with around 18k km on the clock and just over a year old. When new, the fuel consumption was rubbish, hitting around 16L/100 doing normal drive as above. After around 5000km the fuel consumption reached the current normal of around 12.5L. It took a while driving the vehicle through its full range bedding in the engine and transmission to get there, so perhaps that's normal with these?

OP
OP

Flashe30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Raptor, BMW e61 M5, BMW e34 M5 3.6, ...
With those cars it's almost sure your spoiled :like: Drove a Terano once myself - had to get out in the rain to lock the front wheels !
Good question !!! I got mine from official Ford dealer in Switzerland - having said that - Switzerland is not part of the EC so to be honest i don't know what version i have is there an identifier to find out ? feels pretty fast in Raptor mode though. i now have approx. 7000Km on it and slowly, as i mentioned, getting the groove. It will grow on you too I'm sure ! especially when its your first Ford - was same for me. I also recommend to do some off road stuff (eassy at first ) and test the modes and setting i find the Track assist absolutely amazing - i almost get a bad conscious when I'm in a group and see how other struggle :)
With the cars you are used to its a dilemma like debating what chocolate is better Belgium or Swiss one ? :LOL:
Enjoy the Raptor its really a cool car and it performs .
Easy to know, is yours almost 300hp or 400hp?

I drove a bit in Raptor mode tonight (essentially sport mode according to the settings) and okay, it's quite fun and fast! But I'm still missing the extra donkeys up top. To make some kind of comparison, it flies to 140kph like my M5 goes to 200kph, while I get the feeling the Raptor should be more at like 160-170kph. Anyway, I'm giving it some time and who knows a tune when the warranty expires .

Also, where doe you find the shift points?? I couldn't find them.

Aussie Raptor here with around 18k km on the clock and just over a year old. When new, the fuel consumption was rubbish, hitting around 16L/100 doing normal drive as above. After around 5000km the fuel consumption reached the current normal of around 12.5L. It took a while driving the vehicle through its full range bedding in the engine and transmission to get there, so perhaps that's normal with these?
That's quite some difference! I'll keep an eye on it

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
@Stitsch1618 - soft reset = brilliant! Thanks for that.

I have my "Raptor" mode set to 2H, Sport transmission, Sport steering and shocks and Baja exhaust. When I want to quickly give it "the beans" just a quick double press of the "R" button and I'm ready to go. When I'm finished, I just turn the mode selector back to Normal and press the 2H button (automatically selects 4A when you select Normal mode). That solves the problem of waiting for the transmission to wake up in Normal mode and drop a few cogs.

In terms of consumption, I'm targeting around 15lt/100km in my slow around town driving. It normally lands somewhere between 15 and 16.
On the open road at 100km/hr I get something like 10lt/100km. Down in the 9's if I'm on 80 - 90 kmh sections.

To achieve these numbers, I need to drive pretty conservatively but that still ends up with me ahead of most cars at traffic light starts.

An update to the Sync 4A is in the wings with a new skin with bigger clearer buttons. Take a look at Australian reviews of the Ranger Platinum to see what it will look like when they eventually roll it out.

Stitsch1618

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor New Gen
Thanks CrustyNoodle ! Ford here mentioned the update to be avail. very soon for us in Switzerland.

Flashe30: the shiftpoints can be set here under Settings - all the way down - then:
Ford Ranger A few of my thoughts/issues with my new Raptor 20231024_090036

Then shift point and select the RPM :
Ford Ranger A few of my thoughts/issues with my new Raptor 20231024_090051

Reactions: Jab

Sponsored

uisats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2023
Occupation
Engineer
Hello!

I've been driving the EU RR since May and have roughly 21 000 km on the odometer. All in all very impressed with the car.

Fuel economy is mostly dependent on speed. At highway speeds (140 km/h) gets closer to 15l/100km, country roads below 100km/h more like 11l/100km. Not bad considering the amount of power.

The infotainment system is a bit annoying but still a great improvement over the precious version of Ranger. Custom setting are reset to factory defaults after an over-the-air software update - at least that is what I have been told at Ford.

Road and tire noise levels are superb in the pickup-class. Seat comfort is nice, although previous Ranger was slightly better for me.

Paint quality could be better. Already have two chips - one on the driver's door, the other one on the hood.

The only thing that worries me is what Flashe30 mentioned - the vibrations in 4A. I feel these in the pedals and on the floor, mostly when under throttle, but sometimes when cruising as well. More noticeable on wet than on dry. Would be interesting to know whether this should be a concern or should it be considered something normal. I found on other forums that F150 have this too. Still, weird.

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 biturbo Ranger Wildtrak 2022
Hi.
I have fuel consumption 12.3L/100km at the moment. Got her 2000 km and few weeks ago ago so just daily driving mostly. With sporty driving style no wonder you get higher numbers, it’s still a 3.0 petrol truck ;)
Didn’t notice significant difference on fuel consumption while I was on or off road.
You have hood struts or not? I got them installed by the dealer and at least left side of the hood sometimes really vibrates.
Showing gear numbers or D it depends on the driving mode you have selected. Regular rear wheel normal drive shows only D and you can see the gear you’re in if you pull the flap.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Flashe30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello!

I've been driving the EU RR since May and have roughly 21 000 km on the odometer. All in all very impressed with the car.

Fuel economy is mostly dependent on speed. At highway speeds (140 km/h) gets closer to 15l/100km, country roads below 100km/h more like 11l/100km. Not bad considering the amount of power.

The infotainment system is a bit annoying but still a great improvement over the precious version of Ranger. Custom setting are reset to factory defaults after an over-the-air software update - at least that is what I have been told at Ford.

Road and tire noise levels are superb in the pickup-class. Seat comfort is nice, although previous Ranger was slightly better for me.

Paint quality could be better. Already have two chips - one on the driver's door, the other one on the hood.

The only thing that worries me is what Flashe30 mentioned - the vibrations in 4A. I feel these in the pedals and on the floor, mostly when under throttle, but sometimes when cruising as well. More noticeable on wet than on dry. Would be interesting to know whether this should be a concern or should it be considered something normal. I found on other forums that F150 have this too. Still, weird.
I'm planning on bringing it in at the dealer at 10k for the first oil change and will ask about the vibrations then. But they'll probably say it's normal...
Good to hear someone who experiences the same.

Hi.
I have fuel consumption 12.3L/100km at the moment. Got her 2000 km and few weeks ago ago so just daily driving mostly. With sporty driving style no wonder you get higher numbers, it’s still a 3.0 petrol truck ;)
Didn’t notice significant difference on fuel consumption while I was on or off road.
You have hood struts or not? I got them installed by the dealer and at least left side of the hood sometimes really vibrates.
Showing gear numbers or D it depends on the driving mode you have selected. Regular rear wheel normal drive shows only D and you can see the gear you’re in if you pull the flap.
No I don't have hood struts, are they an option?
I also notice the lef side from 120kph onwards but the right is the same, it's just not in my field of view.
It showed the gear at random on mine, it's a while now since i've seen it happen, not too worried

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 biturbo Ranger Wildtrak 2022
I'm planning on bringing it in at the dealer at 10k for the first oil change and will ask about the vibrations then. But they'll probably say it's normal...
Good to hear someone who experiences the same.

No I don't have hood struts, are they an option?
I also notice the lef side from 120kph onwards but the right is the same, it's just not in my field of view.
It showed the gear at random on mine, it's a while now since i've seen it happen, not too worried
I plan first oil change on 5k that means in about few weeks. Also planning to ask about this vibration, pretty scary with strong wind and big truck coming to my way on the road and the hood suddenly jumps and vibrates like that :D But if they find it ok, let it be. Let that big orange hood fly away.
The thing is I don’t know about right side as I am too short to see that side, left side I see.

I had only the standard stupid hood stick but then we realized it’s a little complicated for me to handle the hood because I’m too short, so my dealer helped me out and got me hood struts.
Ford Ranger A few of my thoughts/issues with my new Raptor 3B9A05C2-1653-44F1-A65A-0721C4EE8057

Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
So, here we go. I have the RR for 3-4 months now and would've liked to share some of my thoughts and issues in hope of hearing owners who experience the same things. Some things probably will be the same on the other Rangers also

- The center screen: Slow as hell especially the AC controls. I also had it freeze one time on the boot logo and the car needed to get to deep sleep before it started working again.

- The dash: Ever so often it goes to the on-board computer at startup instead of "my gauges" which I always have up. Why?? Also sometimes it shows the gear number instead of D, again no idea why.

- The hood: It vibrates quite a lot and lifts noticably on the sides at higher speeds.

- In 4x4 I started to notice a slight vibration in the pedals and floor board. Seems to be a thing with the F150's also. I only drive in 4A when it's wet. Just to be sure, I can change the drivemode on whatever speed I'm driving right? I always try to ease of the throtthle and not above 60mph or so.

- The seat covers from Ford suck big time. I'm waiting for aftermarket ones.

- The gearbox: I hate how it needs to downshift 2 or 3 times when you floor it. It's something I'm getting used to and can anticipate but still.

- The engine: I have the Euro spec with GPF so close to 300hp instead of 400hp on the exact same engine afaik. I can feel the engine being held back, especially in the higher rev range. I have the impressions it keeps "loosening up" but still.

- Fuel consumption: bad.

I mean, it's still a cool pickup truck and all and I do like it, but for €70k I would've liked to have a little less things that bother me
It shows the Gears when you lock them out using the switch on the Gear Selector. This keeps the transmission from upshifting when you are in a situation that you want to maintain lower speed and/or higher torque. (I assume it's the same as the Regular Rangers from 2019-2023 in NA.)

OP
OP

Flashe30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It shows the Gears when you lock them out using the switch on the Gear Selector. This keeps the transmission from upshifting when you are in a situation that you want to maintain lower speed and/or higher torque. (I assume it's the same as the Regular Rangers from 2019-2023 in NA.)
I've read about locking out gears yesterday in the digital manual. I only have the M(anual) button on the gear selector. On mine I have to hold the - shifter padle if I remember correctly. Still can't believe touching those by accident. Hadn't had it happen since making the opening post though.

OP
OP

Flashe30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a few months in and I think the floorboard vibration in 4x4 is getting worse and I even notice a very light knocking.
Hood sides are still flapping and vibrating away at higher speeds.
I was the first to mention both things at the dealer, or so they said...

It's possibly in my head but I have the feeling the suspension is getting a little more clunky already, 12k kms..

Fuel consumption is at 17,5l/100 km, shifting still can be eratic, still lusting after 400hp instead of the 300 EU hp, the steering aid can be annoying and I can't disable it....

But hey, it looks cool I guess?

All in all, kinda happy with it, but also kinda not you know
Sponsored