• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Already own Bronco - What Ranger model would you chose?

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Howdy,

Im interested in ordering the new Ranger to replace my beat up Subaru when the order banks open up. I want a truck to haul stuff to the dump, help my folks or friends when they need something moved, and tow a small camper. I already own a beast off-road rig the Bronco and use that for exploring my local trails. 3 national forests to chose from.

So with that said I don’t really need the same capabilities as my Bronco in my Ranger.

Which model would you go for? In US by the way. Some of my wants are Vinyl, remote start. Also Not sure 4wheel auto for transfer case will only be offered in higher trims? Leaning toward Ranger XL.

Ford Ranger Already own Bronco - What Ranger model would you chose? 28D8CA61-8658-4122-924F-322D2439CF21

Ford Ranger Already own Bronco - What Ranger model would you chose? 3919CD7B-77E5-40F9-BE1D-9B887A7015F7

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Nice Bronco :thumbsup: I keep my off roading vehicles and toys separate from my everyday use and reliable transportation driver too. We do own a 2018 F-150 XL Super Cab with 6.5' bed and shift on the fly 4WD for the bigger truck tasks + I have a Maverick XL with AWD for reliable transportation small truck chores too. Ford hasn't released any configuration details on new Ranger yet, but I'm hoping to combine most desirable features of my other 2 trucks into 1 perfect vehicle without breaking the bank...

In my case that would be Ranger XL Super Cab + 6' bed optioned up to FX-2. Done. :)

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / 2020 XTL FX4 / 2007 escape / motos
Nice 2 door Bronco, I like that better then the 4 door. XL with locker after that not sure of
your needs. SCAB or SCREW, kids? Sounds like your going to be using it more as
a utility vehicle, so cheapest with locker would be my choice.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
1 more thought: if you don't *need* to necessarily have 4WD to do the stuff you outlined, consider the 2WD FX-2 package that has electronic locking rear axle. 4WD requires FX-4 and more $. I have similar normal use needs as you: dump runs, Lumber and concrete and rock, etc. box store runs. I have a small toy box trailer for camping with my bikes & a 6 x 10 high side utility trailer that can both find themselves towed behind my truck off road on occasion as well as purchasing hay for the wife's barnyard friends.

The 2023 Ranger Build & Price tool was still up a few weeks ago and I used that to configure my perfect truck. Might be useful for you as well. Happy Shopping!

Sponsored
OP
OP

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Nice 2 door Bronco, I like that better then the 4 door. XL with locker after that not sure of
your needs. SCAB or SCREW, kids? Sounds like your going to be using it more as
a utility vehicle, so cheapest with locker would be my choice.
Will go with 4 door so I can put my 100lb bulldog in crate.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gen 6 Ranger WildTrak
Occupation
I could tell you, but then I’d have to…
Howdy,

Im interested in ordering the new Ranger to replace my beat up Subaru when the order banks open up. I want a truck to haul stuff to the dump, help my folks or friends when they need something moved, and tow a small camper. I already own a beast off-road rig the Bronco and use that for exploring my local trails. 3 national forests to chose from.

So with that said I don’t really need the same capabilities as my Bronco in my Ranger.

Which model would you go for? In US by the way. Some of my wants are Vinyl, remote start. Also Not sure 4wheel auto for transfer case will only be offered in higher trims? Leaning toward Ranger XL.
Nice Bronco! Glad to see another 2 door out there!

My only knock on my Gen 6 Ranger so far is that they’ve done away with remote start using the key fob and force you to use the Ford Pass app to start it. While I like the app (and it saved me on Day 2 of owning the Bronco when I found a way to lock both sets of keys and my phone inside while at a gas station in the middle of Louisiana on the drive home to Virginia) it requires internet or cell service in order to use. Out here, in most places I explore in the Ranger there’s neither, and it’s over 100 for about half the year. It would be nice to be able to start with the fob once in range. Not likely to be a problem back in the US but hopefully when Gen 6 arrives there they’ll keep the fob functional.

Ford Ranger Already own Bronco - What Ranger model would you chose? 0BBF7118-283B-4D7D-9DF0-106F9FB09C6F

Ford Ranger Already own Bronco - What Ranger model would you chose? 6AD881F6-B146-4E8E-BC8F-80C0CDD0E915

Ford Ranger Already own Bronco - What Ranger model would you chose? AB8911DF-D5C9-40F7-9891-4F9E8F180378

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
You might want to take the spec sheet (when released) and see which configuration has the highest tow rating, payload rating, and the one in between. Then choose which one you like the most between those three.

DukeCanBuildit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Scab - Shadow Black
Will go with 4 door so I can put my 100lb bulldog in crate.
It might be easier to simply remove the seat bottom on one side of the Scab’s rear cabin for that portly bugger’s crate. They come out super eady and quick so you can access the under seat storage areas. They don’t have a bench seat like in the Screw - something to think about.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It might be easier to simply remove the seat bottom on one side of the Scab’s rear cabin for that portly bugger’s crate. They come out super eady and quick so you can access the under seat storage areas. They don’t have a bench seat like in the Screw - something to think about.
Doesn't the under seat storage bins cover side to side in rear and also create not level floor? I'm hoping the 6G indeed has SCab option + the rear seat delete option currently offered. Really clean set up back there which will allow space customization :)

DukeCanBuildit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Scab - Shadow Black
Doesn't the under seat storage bins cover side to side in rear and also create not level floor? I'm hoping the 6G indeed has SCab option + the rear seat delete option currently offered. Really clean set up back there which will allow space customization :)
The SuperCab is dead level under the seat bottoms. You can take one seat bottom out or both - takes like two seconds.

Ford Ranger Already own Bronco - What Ranger model would you chose? E3EC8C66-1CE1-41E3-819C-81209595C526

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The SuperCab is dead level under the seat bottoms. You can take one seat bottom out or both - takes like two seconds.

E3EC8C66-1CE1-41E3-819C-81209595C526.jpeg
not level across the footwells and hump which would give maximum space. We have large dog crates from owning Rottweilers and I don't see 1 fitting securely in there just removing a seat bottom. You'd want level all the way forward to back of console for a big crate.