• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Anyone bummed out '24 Ranger is using the same gas tank (and hence size) in the new gen ..18G tank again

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
Do people not take breaks on road trips? 18.8 gals at 23mpg average is about 420 miles. That's a stop about every 6 hours.....that's not bad at all.
On a 12 hour drive I need to pee 3x as much as I need gas. Probably from all the caffeine.
Sponsored

JCSIX13

First Name
JACK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Elevator mechanic

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks like they do not work for the Raptor!

That is to bad.
Well no, because the raptor isn't out yet. Those links were to show that there exists options for the outgoing 5G ranger. Nothing is available for the 6G ranger because it isn't available in the USA yet.

I'd bet money that once raptors and 6G rangers are in customer hands, there will be some aftermarket gas tank solutions, either a full replace or an auxillary style that rests in the truck bed and compliments the stock gas tank.

JimS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ID.4, Sienna
Yep. It was a deal-killer for previous gen for me, and probably for this one. Even if need to stop more often for breaks, I much prefer a rest area or scenic site with bathrooms over a gas station. Then, if towing or hauling it would really become too short range.

Sounds like GM and Nissan mid-size pickups are only ones with a decent (21 G) fuel tank. 25 G would be sweet spot, in my opinion. I've rented Durangos for road trips. They have a 24.6 G tank, and the range is really nice.

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
I did not realize that extended range tank replacements were available for gas vehicles in the US. This is really good to know. Long Range America has a 37 gallon tank for the Gen 5 so hopefully one will be forthcoming for the Gen 6.

Sponsored