• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Anyone bummed out '24 Ranger is using the same gas tank (and hence size) in the new gen ..18G tank again

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
I know manufacturers like to cut corners where they can (and get away with it) but it seems new gen just took the existing gas tank in the current Ranger (18G) and put the exact same in the new gen.

I've taken my Tremor on road trips a lot last year and it's a bummer as the "low fuel" light comes on pretty quick with the 18g tank. I had hoped the new gen (slightly bigger truck) will have a bigger tank but I guess the range will probably the same as the 5G ranger.

The saving grace is the new Taco also now has same tank size ..lol (and worse gas milege than 6G Ranger).
Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Technically it's about a gallon larger. The 6G is 18.8gal

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
yeah kinda, my taco has a 21

edit....cancel that, Raptor has a 20 it looks like

Last edited:

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
The other good news is the rangers mpg seems to be slightly better on the low end even with the truck sizing changes.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I’m extremely bummed. One of the biggest things I was looking forward to in a new vehicle was a much bigger gas tank than my current vehicle but alas the Ranger’s is tiny too. I have a particular road trip I make frequently, and it drives me absolutely nuts that I have to stop two different times. Still hoping my Ranger will get good enough mileage that maybe, just maybe I can squeeze by on one tank. We shall see. But I man I miss the 36 gallon tank in my previous F150. Made road-trips fantastic.

Sponsored

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
I’m extremely bummed. One of the biggest things I was looking forward to in a new vehicle was a much bigger gas tank than my current vehicle but alas the Ranger’s is tiny too. I have a particular road trip I make frequently, and it drives me absolutely nuts that I have to stop two different times. Still hoping my Ranger will get good enough mileage that maybe, just maybe I can squeeze by on one tank. We shall see. But I man I miss the 36 gallon tank in my previous F150. Made road-trips fantastic.
I like stopping now and then to stretch the legs so doesn't bother me. Plus makes you feel better when it's less than $100 per fill even though you are still paying the same over the trip. :)

DukeCanBuildit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Scab - Shadow Black
A gallon or two, or even three isn’t going to make that much of a difference. When you think about it, we’re bound more by where gas stations are located than we are by small increases in range.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
If any passengers or yourself need a rest room stop you are at a station most likely anyway.
Wifes vehicle has a 19 gal tank so already use to stopping on long trips. Yea I will miss the
36 gal tank on my F150.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Not a problem for me. Maybe try the Jack Benny run...or if you're not that old, emulate Kramer, on Seinfeld...or if you're not that old...well, forget it, just get in your electric car and cry about battery range🤣🤣🤣

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker
Are aftermarket fuel tanks a thing in North America?

Sponsored

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
I think it will only really be a nuisance if I'm towing a camper or other boxy trailer where mpg will likely drop to 10mpg. The wife's bladder can't make it more than about 250 miles anyways.

I towed a camper across the SW US a few years ago in my X3 which also has an 18gallon tank and it gets pretty annoying when you have a 200 mile range and gas stations can be 50+ miles apart, so you end up filling up every 100-150 miles to avoid running out. If I did that trip again, I'd definitely carry an extra 5-10 gallons as a backup.

Main reason I'm buying the Ranger though is to tow my track car on an open trailer and in my experience it really doesn't hurt MPG too bad at highway speeds.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

GypsyDaenger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Occupation
Electrician
Do people not take breaks on road trips? 18.8 gals at 23mpg average is about 420 miles. That's a stop about every 6 hours.....that's not bad at all.
Sponsored