• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Auto Start/Stop and Auto Hold Settings?

superakcraig

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat
Besides pressing the disable button or doing something more drastic to disable it permanently, does anyone know of way to prevent the truck from Auto Stopping when you are trying to park it (either in a spot outside OR in a garage)? Is there a setting I am missing?

One would think that if the sensors are beeping warning you of something close to the truck in your garage and in my case a shelf on my wall, that the auto stop would not auto stop.

I don't mind that feature honestly except when I am trying to park it. Coupled with the Auto Hold, which I discovered only recently, it doesn't work well at all. I had to disable the Auto Hold when I parked it in my garage. As you probably guessed it, my garage is SMALL (attached to my house).
Sponsored

twaderobyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Admin
I’m not sure about that, but I have an additional issue with the auto stop in my new 2024 STX. Previously in my Lariat, in auto stop and hold mode at a light, if I adjusted anything in the vehicle, it would release and start the ignition whether it was a blinker, turning the steering wheel, or depressing the brake or accelerator, whatever. In my new 2024, the auto stop, especially in conjunction with parking hold assist at a stoplight, I have to depress the brake and/or the accelerator in order to wake the vehicle up and release the hold, which causes a delay of second or so, which seems like a lot in a fast situation and has already proven awkward as people behind me think I’m asleep at the wheel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
superakcraig

superakcraig

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat
I’m not sure about that, but I have an additional issue with the auto stop in my new 2024 STX. Previously in my lariat in auto stop mode at a light if I adjusted anything in the vehicle, it would release and start the ignition whether it was a blinker, turning the steering wheel, or depressing the brake or accelerator. In my new 2024 the auto stop in conjunction with parking hold assist at a stoplight. I have to depress the brake and or the accelerator in order to wake the vehicle up which causes a delay of second or so, which seems like a lot in a fast situation and has already proven awkward
I do know what you are experiencing is the auto hold and that’s what it’s supposed to do until you hit the gas pedal, and yes, there is a slight delay as opposed to you slightly letting off the brake yourself and thus causing the vehicle to restart.

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
I agree, I like Auto Hold but hate it while parking AND also I went through an automatic car wash where you have to be in neutral and the Auto hold was on and my tires were skidding on the track and it caused the machines to shut down 3 times. I'll have to turn it off next time beforehand.
Sponsored