• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Bed Liner Delay

Elbajio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I placed my order for a Ranger when the order banks opened. The sales guy at the dealer got the confirmation email and forwarded it to me so I know the build has been submitted.

I added the bed liner to my build and am now thinking if I should have it removed. I know there were delays in the past with the spray in liner and am concerned that it might prolong the wait time for my order.
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I placed my order for a Ranger when the order banks opened. The sales guy at the dealer got the confirmation email and forwarded it to me so I know the build has been submitted.

I added the bed liner to my build and am now thinking if I should have it removed. I know there were delays in the past with the spray in liner and am concerned that it might prolong the wait time for my order.
I kind of feel the same way too. I got the bedliner option too. But at the end of the day, it's not like it'll delay it for months, probably the most just a couple of weeks. And it saves you the hassle of doing it yourself.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
The bed-liner, paint protection and mudflaps have consistently been adding delays or a constraint across quite a few models.
Personally, I'd forgo the bed-liner and have someone like Line-X do it, but that's me.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
I opted for it as well knowing of past delays. If you're worried about it, you should still be able to modify your order and remove it.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Considering I don't even know if I have an allocation yet, this is the least of my worries haha.

OP
OP

Elbajio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The bed-liner, paint protection and mudflaps have consistently been adding delays or a constraint across quite a few models.
Personally, I'd forgo the bed-liner and have someone like Line-X do it, but that's me.
I'll visit the dealer and have it removed. If the order is delayed I wouldn't want it to be over something I can add myself.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I was gonna go with the factory spray-in but my dealer has a deal with LineX locally that was only a couple hundred more. Seems like a no-brainer.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
As those are not added on the assembly line, but at off property subcontractors. It shouldn't add tons of time if the materials/parts are available, but yes it adds time to production.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’d seen a video recently (which of course I can’t find now to link) which shows the line x as apparently a better liner than factory. Has anyone else known that? I’ve never had a spray in yet. Or ultimately if you just plan to use the box as a big trunk, would a bedrug be the way to go?

Sponsored

GoldenAtlas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tundra
I’d seen a video recently (which of course I can’t find now to link) which shows the line x as apparently a better liner than factory. Has anyone else known that? I’ve never had a spray in yet. Or ultimately if you just plan to use the box as a big trunk, would a bedrug be the way to go?
I don’t know anything about bed liners specifically but my rule of thumb is aftermarket products are almost always better than OEM. I’d love to hear some bed liner opinions though since I left it off mine

Reactions: MJE

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
I don’t know anything about bed liners specifically but my rule of thumb is aftermarket products are almost always better than OEM. I’d love to hear some bed liner opinions though since I left it off mine
That's pretty much the consensus, an after market spray-in bed liner will be superior to OEM. A lot of dealerships local to me have deals with aftermarket spray liners that will do it after delivery for just a bit more than OEM. If available that's the way to go, IMO. I'm not in a rush to receive (obviously) and my bed will get light duty so OEM will be just fine for my purposes.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE