• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Better street type tires if hardly ever going off road?

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
That looks really good. What does the tread of those tires look like? What brand of wheel is it also?
I stuck them on my 22 to see the poke. You can see tread patter on this pic. The brand of wheel is Brink wheels.

Ford Ranger Better street type tires if hardly ever going off road? IMG_3593
Sponsored

OP
OP

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5, Ranger Raptor on order
I stuck them on my 22 to see the poke. You can see tread patter on this pic. The brand of wheel is Brink wheels.

IMG_3593.jpeg
OK, Im on board with that. Wonder what the drive would be like on 20s with the Raptor suspension.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
I had tires like these on my GMC Canyon and liked the ride, but I haven't driven the truck with these on yet. Just backed out of garage to have a peek.

Yague

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2024
Occupation
Pilot
Ive never had a truck before so Im pretty psyched to get this because I think its bada$$. That being said, Its probably never going off road. Would it be better to swap out the K02/03 when I get it to something more street focused and still good in lots of wet weather and snow? Im used to sports cars and putting all-season tires on those right when I get them for the same reason.

If I should change them, what is the most recommended street type tire that could still go light off roading if I were to do so?
Good option is the Yokohama Geolandar g015 a/t. This tire appears to be the best road a/t tire, and still have a aggressive look. Not as good as the ko2s on off road, but way more comfortable and handling on the road… check the Geolandar g015 reviews on youtube…

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Ive never had a truck before so Im pretty psyched to get this because I think its bada$$. That being said, Its probably never going off road. Would it be better to swap out the K02/03 when I get it to something more street focused and still good in lots of wet weather and snow? Im used to sports cars and putting all-season tires on those right when I get them for the same reason.

If I should change them, what is the most recommended street type tire that could still go light off roading if I were to do so?
Michelin Defender LTX M/S. GREAT TIre for the Ranger Have them on my 2019 4x2 Ranger Lariat!
Ford Ranger Better street type tires if hardly ever going off road? Ranger

Sponsored

Ivan Baez

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger raptor
Occupation
Harman
From the stock BF K02 tires I like the confort on rough roads (we have plenty of those in MX), however, if you like to drive fast these tires are not the best.

I tried looking for sport tires for this application but could not find any in the same size as the originals. There are mostly off road options or ugly highway all seasons.

The nicest I found for this application according to the online reviews was the Continental Terrain Contact HT, it performs much better in the highway dry and wet than the OEM, with a tradeoff in the loose off road terrain.

I will get these tires for my raptor, while keeping the tall tire wall and off road look

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
I'm actually going the opposite way with my Lariat than what you guys are talking. Removing my stock rims and tire and switching to 20" wheels with a set of Pirelli Scorpion All-Terrain plus tires. The rims I bought are flow formed so light weight to offset the larger diameter. Weight is the same as my stock 2022 Ranger wheels and tires.

IMG_3588.jpeg
Wow that’s a lot of lug nuts lol. I’ve never seen flow formed wheels with a universal lug pattern. I’m personally gonna get the HRE FT1s for my RR, cheap at only like $500 a wheel, and probably will go with 35 inch KM3s, the same as on both my Shelby raptors, and I don’t give two craps if the mileage goes down. i would suggest getting your own fuel farm. I have a 550 gallon tank for 91 octane, and a 1000 gallon tank for red dye diesel on my ranch. It’s better to buy in bulk, and I save at least .40 per gallon having it delivered to my ranch, then I never have a crackhead bother me while trying to fill up my 69 mach 1 or Shelby cobra.
Ford Ranger Better street type tires if hardly ever going off road? IMG_5714

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
Ford Ranger Better street type tires if hardly ever going off road? IMG_5715
OK, Im on board with that. Wonder what the drive would be like on 20s with the Raptor suspension.
I put 20s on my lifted diesel platinum f150, and love them. Not sure I would go that way on my Ranger Raptor, but I can say I didn’t see a huge hit on mileage. I would suggest getting good wheels. I went with vorsteiner vr601 flow formed wheels, made in California instead of china, and they still look new after 30k miles. The Nitto ridge grapplers are also great. I’ve also had good luck with BFG KM3s, great wear and not loud on either of my Shelby raptors. My 13 Shelby has over 700 hp, so it only gets 7 mpg, but my 18 Shelby only has 525 hp and still gets over 13 mpg.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I put a set of the new Falken Wildpeak AT 4W on my truck about a month ago. Great ride and has a nice aggressive look.
Sponsored