• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Biggest tires without leveling

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker
Does anyone know what the largest diameter tires you can use on the Ranger are, without a leveling kit?
Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
With stock rims a 295/70R17 should clear the crash bars. That’s considered a 34 but really more like 33 1/2 in actual spec where the stock tire is considered a 33 but really a 33.8.
‘That’s what I am running only I went to the Bronco rims (+30 offset) to get a little wider stance, I can clear the crash bars most of the time, I am only rubbing a crash bar on the driver side when steering wheel is cranked to the right and backing up/ in reverse.

Cyrusblack

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Chief Executive Officer of Pencil Sharpening

Sponsored

dram32

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Facilities Technician
My bad, I should have specified. This question is for a regular Ranger XLT.
I currently have 285/70R17's on my stock wheels and no leveling kit. With these tires its pretty tight with the UCA, about 1/4" gap. Also close to the front of the fender when turning but not as bad as UCA which will rub on occasion. I have the Rangerlifts 3" leveling kit just waiting on time to install it. Also have wheel spacers on the way to give some more space between UCA and tire until I get new wheels with less of an offset.

OP
OP

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker
I currently have 285/70R17's on my stock wheels and no leveling kit. With these tires its pretty tight with the UCA, about 1/4" gap. Also close to the front of the fender when turning but not as bad as UCA which will rub on occasion. I have the Rangerlifts 3" leveling kit just waiting on time to install it. Also have wheel spacers on the way to give some more space between UCA and tire until I get new wheels with less of an offset.
Do you have photos of that tire installed? Did you have to recalculate anything for the computer to keep your speedo accurate?

dram32

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Facilities Technician
Do you have photos of that tire installed? Did you have to recalculate anything for the computer to keep your speedo accurate?
Here are some pictures with the tires. Also put one showing how close the tire is to the UCA, I have spacers arriving Monday to temporarily fix that. No I didn’t have to recalculate anything for the speedo it’s seems to be accurate still.

Ford Ranger Biggest tires without leveling IMG_0274

Ford Ranger Biggest tires without leveling IMG_0271

Ford Ranger Biggest tires without leveling IMG_0270

OP
OP

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker
Here are some pictures with the tires. Also put one showing how close the tire is to the UCA, I have spacers arriving Monday to temporarily fix that. No I didn’t have to recalculate anything for the speedo it’s seems to be accurate still.

IMG_0274.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

IMG_0270.jpeg
That looks really good. Thanks for the pics. I'm still deciding on which size to go with. I'm looking for a good balance between a bigger tire/ not killing mpg. This type of project is new to me.

dram32

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Facilities Technician
That looks really good. Thanks for the pics. I'm still deciding on which size to go with. I'm looking for a good balance between a bigger tire/ not killing mpg. This type of project is new to me.
My mpg only dropped about 1mpg vs stock tires.

Sponsored

Antman450

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat
I ordered some in the same size with 17x9 o offset wheels. Will be installing this week with a 2.5 inch front space lift.

I will post some pics.

As for the speedo, did you need to recalibrate?

dram32

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Facilities Technician
Spacers came in today and I got them installed (https://www.americantrucks.com/born...-inch-wheel-spacers-black-bnws-001-350bk.html) I love the way they came out, makes the truck look way more aggressive! I will be getting fender flares in the future to prevent the tires from throwing rocks and other debris and chipping the paint. Haven't had time to get the leveling kit installed yet but I will post pictures once I do so.

Ford Ranger Biggest tires without leveling IMG_0320.JPG

Ford Ranger Biggest tires without leveling IMG_0321.JPG

Ford Ranger Biggest tires without leveling IMG_0324.JPG

Ford Ranger Biggest tires without leveling IMG_0325.JPG

Ford Ranger Biggest tires without leveling IMG_0326.JPG

Ford Ranger Biggest tires without leveling IMG_0328.JPG

OP
OP

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker
Spacers came in today and I got them installed (https://www.americantrucks.com/born...-inch-wheel-spacers-black-bnws-001-350bk.html) I love the way they came out, makes the truck look way more aggressive! I will be getting fender flares in the future to prevent the tires from throwing rocks and other debris and chipping the paint. Haven't had time to get the leveling kit installed yet but I will post pictures once I do so.

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG
Looks amazing. Thanks for the photos. At this point I'm thinking of going with 275 70R17. I'm leaning towards the Wildpeak AT3w.

jeffers

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger FX4, Mk7 GTI
interesting So 285/70r17 is 32.7" tall by 11.2" wide. I noticed you can get 33"X10.5R17 tires, I wonder if they would fit no rub? Thats a 0.7" difference in width. I think the stance and everything you have would probably look better though.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
My bad, I should have specified. This question is for a regular Ranger XLT.
I have 32's on my Lariat with +18 offset and no rubbing but any larger and it probably would.
Sponsored