• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
Need it to be usable more than I need better fuel economy. I'm buying it for its size and utility.
Exactly. With a car like a sedan it's different because it's in the floor anyways under the rear passengers feet. Trucks though it's taking up that vital space. I just don't know why they'd rather risk losing certain customers over not providing an ICE engine woth more interior space. Fords done it with the Maverick.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Side note the Everest got the wildtrak treatment as well now bring it here?
Ford Ranger Competition: 2024 Tacoma Revealed! 1684849003794

Reactions: MJE

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
To me being comfortable is number 1 when driving

Same here. I have said it before I do long trip so comfortable is important.

I have time to wait I am not one of those who has to have something the minute it comes out, I am not in a rush.

Seen to many burns on early adopters. Look at the people that jumped on the 6G Ranger in Australia and had issues where it was to the point where they were without there truck for months.

I can wait to see which brand and model has the better record and better reviews.
Those Taco were not even finished that they just showed. Anything could change on them.

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
im still confused to why this wasn't copied and pasted. :(
1684848899976.png
My guess is there will be a Tremor Ranger in lieu of the Wildtrack to fill in the gap between XLT/Lariat and Raptor. So it's coming no doubt, just under a different name.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr

I have time to wait I am not one of those who has to have something the minute it comes out, I am not in a rush.

Seen to many burns on early adopters. Look at the people that jumped on the 6G Ranger in Australia and had issues where it was to the point where they were without there truck for months.

I can wait to see which brand and model has the better record and better reviews.
Those Taco were not even finished that they just showed. Anything could change on them.
The nice thing is the Ford has been tested in the aus market and has had time to work out some of the bugs there. The Tacoma is all new, engine, Trans setup, etc.

My last first year Tacoma was a bust. Got rid of it in less than a year, as it had significant issues. So it happens to them on revamped models too.

I think the Ranger having been out in other markets is a safer route at this point.

OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is there will be a Tremor Ranger in lieu of the Wildtrack to fill in the gap between XLT/Lariat and Raptor. So it's coming no doubt, just under a different name.
hope so looks so good.

OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

the taco i think will be least comfortable due to leg room. The TRD PRO back seats do not look fun at all. The taco has lot nice curves but i think ranger and colorado/canyon will be nicer to drive. While the taco will be "cooler" , theres million tacos i see on the road today and man they are not fun to ride in at 511 or higher.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
the taco i think will be least comfortable due to leg room. The TRD PRO back seats do not look fun at all. The taco has lot nice curves but i think ranger and colorado/canyon will be nicer to drive. While the taco will be "cooler" , theres million tacos i see on the road today and man they are not fun to ride in at 511 or higher.

Yea no idea on new gen but last gen Taco was uncomfortable I am over 6' tall. They did raise the seat on new gen.

Ranger I saw in a video and it looked exactly like the seat I have in my Ranger which is extremely comfortable. It looks to me like seats are exactly the same as 5G.

I also owned a Colorado and the seat were ok, My ranger was much more comfortable. No Idea how much they changed the seats now. I thought about going to see if I could sit in one.

Now the GMC I saw some videos where people mentioned the seats were very comfortable. I also like the looks of this truck. I think it is over priced right now but if there are incentives down the road.

Again I have time to evaluate I am in no rush. I think there will be a price war coming up on most models. I purchased my latest Ranger around 8,000.00 less that sticker. To many new models at once here and there will be some discounting.. Why pay for markups and all these dealer adds and rush out.. I mean not even a test drive.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea no idea on new gen but last gen Taco was uncomfortable I am over 6' tall. They did raise the seat on new gen.

Ranger I saw in a video and it looked exactly like the seat I have in my Ranger which is extremely comfortable. It looks to me like seats are exactly the same as 5G.

I also owned a Colorado and the seat were ok, My ranger was much more comfortable. No Idea how much they changed the seats now. I thought about going to see if I could sit in one.

Now the GMC I saw some videos where people mentioned the seats were very comfortable. I also like the looks of this truck.

Again I have time to evaluate I am in no rush. I think there will be a price war coming up on most models. I purchased my latest Ranger around 8,000.00 less that sticker. To many new models at once here and there will be some discounting.. Why pay for markups and all these dealer adds and rush out.. I mean not even a test drive.
Yea i see PW is coming as well which is good for us the consumer. GMC are nice to ride in yea but with little extra cost. I agree i think 2024 will have some good deals.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yea i see PW is coming as well which is good for us the consumer. GMC are nice to ride in yea but with little extra cost. I agree i think 2024 will have some good deals.

Yea I was editing my post while you posted.

Yea the GMC is higher priced but with incentives down the road maybe not too bad.

Honestly though I was pricing it out and it is not as bad as it seems because it already includes allot standard. Like the AT4 I think comes with a 2" lift standard. Now if you don't need those options it is another story.

OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I was editing my post while you posted.

Yea the GMC is higher priced but with incentives down the road maybe not too bad.

Honestly though I was pricing it out and it is not as bad as it seems because it already includes allot standard. Like the AT4 I think comes with a 2" lift standard. Now if you don't need those options it is another story.
Disspointed with AT4 mpg numbers 19-21 is not it but yea i saw one person they look nice.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The one part of the 4g taco that i think is a home run is the included vertical "vault" storage between the rear seats and the truck bed. That is innovation that every truck should be adding to their toolset. When many of us are carrying firearms, whether that's pistols/rifles/shotguns, it is vital to have secure storage without relying on a third party solution.

I will plan on adding a third party vault to either the center console or the underseat area, but putting it behind the rear seats is genius.

shown here:

https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/attachments/2024-toyota-tacoma-prerunner-interior-jpg.4281/

https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/attachments/2024-tacoma-prerunner-interior-and-bed-9-jpg.4274/