• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Delivery time "24 Ranger Lariat

c5ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger
Occupation
n/a
I ordered a"24 Ranger Lariat on 5/30/23

What's your best guess when it will built??
Sponsored

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
It's really impossible to say. They seemed to have a limited amount of Raptors (probably bc of the engine). I would imagine they use the same line. If I had to guess they're going to build them Most Expensive to least so your Lariat will come after the Raptors are fulfilled. It's a small number so it won't take too long. At least I hope that's the way it works... I ordered a Raptor :). I keep reading they're going to start production in September, but who knows.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Milestones until Ok To Buy are what to follow. No matter when production starts, they need to have government MPG results, possibly NHST crash data or other things before OKTB and shipping completed units to dealers.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Production starts in September. I'd guess end of the year if you're lucky and more likely early next year.

Sponsored

medocbiga

First Name
biga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
same line as Bronco,so...........

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
It's really impossible to say. They seemed to have a limited amount of Raptors (probably bc of the engine). I would imagine they use the same line. If I had to guess they're going to build them Most Expensive to least so your Lariat will come after the Raptors are fulfilled. It's a small number so it won't take too long. At least I hope that's the way it works... I ordered a Raptor :). I keep reading they're going to start production in September, but who knows.
I saw pictures of the line at MAP that had Broncos, Rangers and Raptors mixed together going down line at same time.
People like to assume Ford tries to build higher priced units 1st and delays others behind them, but Iā€™m pretty sure they they build what they can based on latest deliveries by vendors and suppliers regardless of pricing.

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
For your Lariat. Just a guess Maybe by Spring 24.

Raptors -2025/2026 šŸ˜‚

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
For your Lariat. Just a guess Maybe by Spring 24.

Raptors -2025/2026 šŸ˜‚
Assuming they switch from Ranger MY 23 to MY 24 on 9/1, then Iā€™m still holding out hope to receive my Lariat before year end. The Rangers and Broncos are made at the same plant - MAP. The switchover doesnā€™t entail shutting the plant down, itā€™s merely a non-event where one vehicle in the line is the last 23 and the next is the first 24.

MAP hasnā€™t been running a third shift, nor have they been running OT to catch up on their backlog of Bronco orders. Iā€™d expect they will produce 4-5,000 Ranger units per month but no way to know how many of them will be Raptors as a big variable is the availability of parts.

Ford Ranger Delivery time "24 Ranger Lariat 1686218279575

OP
OP

c5ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger
Occupation
n/a
I ordered a 2023 Ranger lariat FX4 on 12/23 & still don't have a build date. So, I told the dealer I don't want the 2023 & he let me order a '24 Lariat FX4. Hopefully I'll get the '24 late this year...

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Assuming they switch from Ranger MY 23 to MY 24 on 9/1, then Iā€™m still holding out hope to receive my Lariat before year end. The Rangers and Broncos are made at the same plant - MAP. The switchover doesnā€™t entail shutting the plant down, itā€™s merely a non-event where one vehicle in the line is the last 23 and the next is the first 24.

MAP hasnā€™t been running a third shift, nor have they been running OT to catch up on their backlog of Bronco orders. Iā€™d expect they will produce 4-5,000 Ranger units per month but no way to know how many of them will be Raptors as a big variable is the availability of parts.

1686218279575.jpeg
I've heard they can produce as many as 15-20k per month but I don't know for sure. What I do know is that about 3k of the Rangers produced this year will be Raptors. Hopefully that means we see them before year's end.

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seed potatoes
I've heard they can produce as many as 15-20k per month but I don't know for sure. What I do know is that about 3k of the Rangers produced this year will be Raptors. Hopefully that means we see them before year's end.
The plant produces around 10-15k units per month, but that includes the Broncos too. Only Ford knows how they will allocate the Bronco:Ranger split. Their execs have been talking about how profitable the many trims of Broncos are, so Iā€™d expect they keep the majority of production at MAP for Broncos. Time will tell.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Also, you can see their sales ratio of Broncos to Rangers is heavily slated to Broncosā€¦
Yes, but I don't think comparing to the old Ranger is a fair comparison. Everyone knew that one was being retired so sales were artificially low.

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seed potatoes
I agree, but thereā€™s also a backlog of Bronco orders they still need to make. I just donā€™t see them throttling down Bronco production in favor of Rangers. Another way they could impact production is to start up third shift, but plant workers donā€™t see that happening anytime soon. As it is, even though OT is approved they still arenā€™t getting any due to supply chain issues.

Iā€™m just as excited as the next guy to get my new Ranger, but Iā€™m also trying to manage my expectations. Iā€™m hoping I get it this year, but if it isnā€™t meant to be then it wonā€™t be the end of the world.
Sponsored