• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

FakePilot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
General Atomics
Alright ladies and gents,

I have put 1,000 miles on my RRaptor and I have to say it is an incredible truck. For those who haven’t received theirs yet, the wait is well worth it. First off, this thing moves. It is a lot quicker than I had imagine. I came from a deleted and tuned 2.8 duramax that made around 240/515 power wise, and this truck feels great.

I read someone say the ride is kind of bouncy, but I didn’t get that impression at all. The adjustable exhaust, suspension, and steering are good enough to make anyone happy.

The different drive modes are great, although I wish there was an eco mode. I have averaged 16.4 miles per gallon driving highway/city which isn’t terrible. But obviously not nearly as good as my diesel.

The drivers side door has to be slammed for some reason which I’m going to have the dealer look at it. The back seat folds down, but again has to be slammed extremely hard to get it to lock back into place. I have a 6 and a 1 year old, which fit in the back seat just fine. There’s actually more room than my Colorado. The apple car play can be finicky at times but it sorts its self out. There’s tons of settings you can go through and adjust. I spent about an hour messing with everything (programming the garage door opener, adjusting seat positions, mirrors folding when you lock it, and stuff like that).

I look forward to beating on it off road, and hope y’all get yours soon!
Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Excellent review. I had owned stock exhaust but performance tuned Duramax Colorado as well, I have 2.7 ecoboost 2dr Bronco, sort of expecting a decent amount of performance out of my Ranger Raptor whenever Ford gets around to shipping the dang thing. For now i reading and watching reviews and video reviews daily to help pass the time and research any mods I want to do.
‘Thanks for sharing your 1000 mile review.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
I had a Canyon diesel that would easily get 34mpg highway. That is all I miss from that truck. Trans was total garbage and main reason I sold it. The 22 Ranger was much better and hope the 24 exceeds the 22.

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My last Duramax colorado was a ZR2 Bison, with the big tires and factory lift, it was for the most part a 20-23 mpg truck. But we have 75mph hyway speed limits making 80-85mph the norm, for around here and very high wind speeds on a daily bases so fuel milage is almost alway less for trucks in my area.
My 2.7 EB 2dr Bronco SAS only averaged 16 mpg Over the past year and 8000 miles that I have on my Bronco to date. I am not really expecting any more then say 16-18 mpg out the Ranger Raptor for me .

Mrdurden

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Field Service Tech
New XLT owner here and drivers door has to be slammed as well :LOL: Thought i was the only one. Otherwise i am enjoying the hell out of it too!

Sponsored

Tomikaze

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Toyota Tacoma TRDOR / 04' Porsche Boxster S
Occupation
Automotive Software Sales
New XLT owner here and drivers door has to be slammed as well :LOL: Thought i was the only one. Otherwise i am enjoying the hell out of it too!
Is it a pressure thing in the truck? Like if you leave a passenger door open does the drivers door close easily?

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
I got the same issues with mine and having to shut the doors pretty hard

Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have seen how the new doors are double sealed, and in today's world it is typically seen as a sign of quality, if the vehicle is very quiet inside when going down the road. Ford also made acoustic glass standard to aid in the efforts to make these new rangers super quiet inside.
In some of the press reviews like TFL's Ike gauntlet shootout video last week they did test the DBs in all the mid-size trucks, I think the new Ford Ranger was the quietest pulling heavy load up a 7% grade at 60mpg. It was impressive how quiet the Ranger was.
I am sure that is playing a factor in why they have these new trucks sealed up so well that the doors are a being a bit hard to close. I am ok with that; I do like or appreciate a nice quiet interior.

Chassis N2531

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Double sealed weather striping isn't new. My 2016 Colorado LT 4x4 has it. The drivers door does require a slightly little more push too. The Ranger weather striping might be more robust. Who knows...1st world problems.

SCFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 RRaptor, '22 Ford Bronco, '18 Raptor Prior
Is it a pressure thing in the truck? Like if you leave a passenger door open does the drivers door close easily?
It's exactly that, Seals are new along with the fact that you cannot short stroke the door when closing just one, The pressure release vents are on the back of the cab behind the back interior trim panel (same with all trucks with most other vehicles having the vents in the quarter extensions behind the bumper)
My experience comes from running a Ford Bodyshop and having to deal with customers concerns with it and demonstrating why it does it.. Along with surface rust concerns on some parts of Ford trucks.... Which Ford and most manufacturers do consider normal, Not to say there is not abnormal rust.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FakePilot9

FakePilot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
General Atomics
I had a Canyon diesel that would easily get 34mpg highway. That is all I miss from that truck. Trans was total garbage and main reason I sold it. The 22 Ranger was much better and hope the 24 exceeds the 22.
the 6speed paired to the 2.8 was the best combo. The 8 speed was the shit trans

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
the 6speed paired to the 2.8 was the best combo. The 8 speed was the shit trans
I disagree, the six speed was also junk. Sloppy 1-2nd shift and torque converter problems.
Sponsored