• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fit and Finish

OP
OP

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
It's too bad that the passenger side gaps look good, because the 'step' at the top of the front/rear door gap is horrible:
1713878593302-kn.png
I noticed that too after posting it :frown:

@Ford Motor Company....Quality is job what?

JAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
I noticed that too after posting it :frown:

@Ford Motor Company....Quality is job what?
At least there are a bunch of people in the same boat as you. In many pictures & videos posted, I've noticed that the passenger side blackout trim is not aligned. It really jumps out at you on the lighter colors, but it's there on a lot of vehicles.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Picked up my Raptor yesterday. Many of the thing's others have mentioned were OK on mine. The positives....Minimal rust on the drivetrain parts and no rusty bolts that I could see. 19.5 miles on the odometer and I received the $1,000 rebate.
Sorry to see the issues :crying:

Do you mind sharing details about the $1,000 rebate? My dealer is stating nothing exists on Raptor.

OP
OP

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Do you mind sharing details about the $1,000 rebate? My dealer is stating nothing exists on Raptor.
I saw this number on another post here in the forum - 32108. When I gave it to my salesperson, he said he saw that my truck qualified for the rebate.

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer

The rebate is not supposed to apply to raptor. My salesperson said he would "try anyway" so maybe we'll get a surprise check in the mail, but probably not.

Sponsored

JAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Here are a few others with similar issues.
If you start looking closely at people's pictures, you'll notice that the alignment seems to be a common issue.
:
Ford Ranger Fit and Finish 1713888056280-1q

Ford Ranger Fit and Finish 1713888643570-dy

OP
OP

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rebate is not supposed to apply to raptor. My salesperson said he would "try anyway" so maybe we'll get a surprise check in the mail, but probably not.
I've not received my check so perhaps I'll be SOL too in the end.

Dlowe198

First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor
Occupation
Maintenance
I noticed the other day that the leather on the top rear of the driver's seat was sewn pretty poorly. The passenger seat is a nice smooth curve at the top, but the driver's seat has several notches and is basically 3 straight lines making the curve.

Among other things its pretty piss poor IMO. I definitely will never buy another vehicle right at the start of a new model production. :LOL:

I'll probably bring the truck in for an oil change at 1000 miles and bring my laundry list of poor QC with me to see how much the dealer will address.
Unfortunately it’s not a new model issue this is a ford fit and finish issue. I bought an escape last year and had a laundry list of items like this. On top of that they practically refused to fix any of the issues. This is why so many of the trucks have been held up to try and prevent this but looks like yours slipped through.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Picked up my Raptor yesterday. Many of the thing's others have mentioned were OK on mine. The positives....Minimal rust on the drivetrain parts and no rusty bolts that I could see. 19.5 miles on the odometer and I received the $1,000 rebate.

There are few things related to fit and finish that weren't quite right.

The driver's side door controls weren't seated properly. There was a noticeable gap compared to the passenger side. Fortunately, it seems I was able to press it into place.

I got the drop in bed liner, and it's installed crooked on the tailgate. You can see with the numbers that one side is over and the other under. I'll likely remove it and go with a Rhino liner. At least the $1,000 rebate offsets the $350 I shouldn't have spent.

The most annoying thing which is small but always visible to me is three cuts on the driver's side console leather trim piece.

Over.jpg

PassengerDoor.jpg

Driver's door.jpg

Underside2.jpg

CutsOnConsole.jpg

Under.jpg
Good morning. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and servicing dealer info so I can look into these concerns further?

OP
OP

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good morning. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and servicing dealer info so I can look into these concerns further?
Good morning, yes absolutely! I appreciate you reaching out and looking into the concerns further.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I experienced a lot of these similar issues with panel fit on my Bronco.

Luckily I'm a former Auto Body refinish & repair tech so I fixed all of them myself.

I ordered the vehicle from an out of state Dealer and had it shipped to me, so taking it to them wasn't feasible.

Also, my local Dealer doesn't have a Body Shop, so a lot of this type of work gets farmed out to shops that do. I didn't want to deal with the hassle and I knew what to do, so it was a non-issue for me.

The Bronco 6G forums had a thread with a check-list of things found and to look for before picking up or looking at a new one sitting on the lot. It might be a good idea for someone to start and have pinned a thread for this.

OP
OP

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tried calling my closest dealer to setup an appointment to have the concerns looked at. They refused to service the vehicle due to me buying it from another dealer out of state. Brandon Ford you are pathetic!

Edit: Shout out to Gator Ford who was very receptive to looking at and servicing the vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited: