• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Flat Tow 6G Ranger? Update 6/23 ***NOT FLAT TOWABLE***

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
The 2024 4x4 Ra

the Ranger 4x4 iis all wheel drive and can not be flat towed, if it needs to tows for a break down it must be hauled up on a flat bed. This was discussed last year and is why I canceled my order. I did a lot of research before I canceled and I found nothing from Ford where this would be corrected next year lots of options but nothing from Ford. Buy a Jeep.
Buy a Jeep? Yeah, because those don't have any issues. Kind of a strange statement to make on a Ford-based site.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Buy a Jeep? Yeah, because those don't have any issues. Kind of a strange statement to make on a Ford-based site.
I've started talking with my Ford dealer, who also owns a Jeep dealership, about upgrading my '21 Ranger to a Gladiator because of Ford's oversite on flat towing. I'm not happy about losing the Ranger as an option because it seems to be an ever growing trend. Fewer and fewer vehicles qualify as flat towable vehicles.

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I've started talking with my Ford dealer, who also owns a Jeep dealership, about upgrading my '21 Ranger to a Gladiator because of Ford's oversite on flat towing. I'm not happy about losing the Ranger as an option because it seems to be an ever growing trend. Fewer and fewer vehicles qualify as flat towable vehicles.
Yeah, I'm not thrilled. My lease ends next month and I was supposed to have placed my order a couple months ago. I'd probably be sweating bullets right now, wondering if it was going to make it out of production or not. We even considered a '24 Bronco as we really like the look of them but there's no way we can make it work in our situation as full-timers.

I'm purchasing my Tremor in six weeks and keeping it at least long enough for the '25 to come out. Ford has said they will have that capability in the '25 MY so I'm hoping that's the case. If not, I've still got a wonderful toad that continues to get lots of compliments.

stemplar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E320 CDI
I was just at my dealer today and we talked about flat towing. I’m waiting for the 6-cylinder to be an option this summer and we were talking about how close the debut of the ‘24 2.7L might be to being able to order a model year 2025. Do you mind if I ask where you heard that the 2025 will be flat-towable? That might be worth waiting a few more months for.

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I was just at my dealer today and we talked about flat towing. I’m waiting for the 6-cylinder to be an option this summer and we were talking about how close the debut of the ‘24 2.7L might be to being able to order a model year 2025. Do you mind if I ask where you heard that the 2025 will be flat-towable? That might be worth waiting a few more months for.
Yes, a gentleman that I "know" from the RV forums was an engineer with Ford working in that specific department before retiring at the end of last year. I just traded a few messages with him last month regarding this as my lease on my '21 Tremor ends in May and I wanted to double-check that the Bronco had indeed been green-lighted. He told me that was the case and that things were not looking good at all for the '24 MY Ranger (as in, it ain't happening) but they are planning on the '25 being ready. No guarantees but that is the plan as of now. I'm buying my '21 next month and I'm hoping that they follow through with the plan. If not, I've still got a sweet truck, just older than I like with the warranty running down.
Sponsored