• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford cancelling lease deals for 2024 Ranger

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
No need to incentivize Rangers anymore. They will sell themselves. Back to pandemic level inventories again.

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
  • Banned
No need to incentivize Rangers anymore. They will sell themselves. Back to pandemic level inventories again.
Idk about that. Most people still don't know an updated ranger exists. There has also been 0 advertising or building up for it.

Zackattack2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gmc canyon
Occupation
Tech
I hope they don’t kill the ranger. Looks like its reception is rough. I’m essentially only getting the new ranger cuz I love the interior/screen and it’s pro trailer backup stuff.

the outward design is not doing it any favors in my preference

Deleted member 6764

I hope they don’t kill the ranger. Looks like its reception is rough. I’m essentially only getting the new ranger cuz I love the interior/screen and it’s pro trailer backup stuff.

You can still lease it, they just cancelled the special deal.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

I don't know that I'd characterize the "reception" as "rough" so early. There are definitely some strong opinions by those of us following the convoluted path of getting it into customer hands in the USA. IMO, we won't really see what the general public acceptance of it is until the strike and production start is behind us. Once the media embargo lifts and we get test reports and actual units hit dealers and the new owners start posting initial thoughts would be a better indicator for me. YMMV.

Jab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon | 2024 Ranger Raptor

Having seen one in person, I think it's a great looking truck and isn't it way too early to be talking about how well it will be received?

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
I don't know that I'd characterize the "reception" as "rough" so early. There are definitely some strong opinions by those of us following the convoluted path of getting it into customer hands in the USA. IMO, we won't really see what the general public acceptance of it is until the strike and production start is behind us. Once the media embargo lifts and we get test reports and actual units hit dealers and the new owners start posting initial thoughts would be a better indicator for me. YMMV.
When does the media embargo lift? Seems that since production started and the Ranger debut was something like 5 months ago that we should be seeing driving impressions, etc. by now?

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
When does the media embargo lift? Seems that since production started and the Ranger debut was something like 5 months ago that we should be seeing driving impressions, etc. by now?
Since they’ve been on strike for a few weeks they haven’t been building press cars. Most media I’ve seen address it say they haven’t even been contacted about a review car. I don’t think it’s an embargo issue. I think they don’t have enough trucks to send out for reviews.
Sponsored