• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

How much interchangeability is there between 6G, 5G, and Bronco?

sandy_koufax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have an XL 6th gen incoming but want to throw on some bigger all terrain tires in time for ski season. I'll need either a lift kit or leveling kit, but since this gen is so similar to the previous gen and the Bronco is such a similar vehicle, how much is shared?

Obvious stuff like interior trim and molding will be different. Seats might be similar to previous gen. The engines are the exact same. I know this gen has been out in other countries for a year now so there should be some specs or some info, I just can't seem to find it in my searches.

I'm mostly concerned with suspension, but I'd like to leave this thread general for others who are interested in customization. There's already a thread for the raptor talking about wheel size and offset but it seems like this forum often focuses on the raptor instead of the other trims, so I'd like to keep it for XL/XLT/L.
Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
The North American 5G vehicle ran on a different version of the chassis to the rest of thew world, using basically the 6G chassis in the 5G's wheelbase. The Bronco has a lot of differences to the suspension components, and the RoW stuff may be slightly different too.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Bronco: T6
5G Ranger: T6
6G Ranger: T6.2

It is unlikely that there is much bolt on compatibility between these models.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
The North American 5G vehicle ran on a different version of the chassis to the rest of thew world, using basically the 6G chassis in the 5G's wheelbase. The Bronco has a lot of differences to the suspension components, and the RoW stuff may be slightly different too.
our 5G has the rear shocks mounted inboard of frame rails, narrower engine compartment not meant to accommodate V6 motor or even 2nd battery like new 5 6G.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
our 5G has the rear shocks mounted inboard of frame rails, narrower engine compartment not meant to accommodate V6 motor or even 2nd battery like new 5 G.
Yes, but the chassis itself is the three piece chassis not the single piece. I should have clarified, it uses the T6 rear suspension module on with the T6.2's everything else, and the PX3 Ranger's body shell. The front suspension on the US Ranger is completely different to the RoW Ranger.

Moto26

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '17 F150
I would expect the wheels to be interchangeable... but not much else.

3231haven

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Next Gen Ranger Wildtrak -RA
Occupation
Retired Automotive Cad Monkey
So to answer your first question, I ran 265/70R18 BFG KO2 with 35mm wheel offsets on a 6G ROW ranger with no issues and others have run different width tires with smaller offsets without any suspension changes. I now have a full ARB BP51 setup on my vehicle. with raises front by 35mm and my running clearance is better then a 6G Ranger Raptor.

Now I know others have made comments on this, but I try and make it so you understand the difference between 5G, 6G & Bronco.
5G ROW ran a single piece side rail on the ladder frame.
5G US ran a 3 piece side rail with very similar front IFS and RR leaf sting suspension to 5G ROW but they were different.
6G ROW runs a 3 piece side rail with all new IFS suspension and an all new RR leaf springs suspension with the shocks outboard of leaf spring and has a wider track width then 5G ROW & 5G US
6G US runs a 3 piece side rail with an all new IFS suspension and an all new RR leaf spring suspension with shocks outboard of leaf spring. Would assume very similar to ROW but will be different.
So is there anything common between 5G US and 6G US ....NO except a few master control holes on the ladder frame two you could run Bronco down the same product line.
6G US uses the same front ladder frame clip as the Bronco......but the spring towers and the front crash horns are different and I would assume the internal side rail reinforcements are different due to different crash requirements. and that's where it stops asides from transmission and the crossmembers and front diff mounting. The front wheel locations in side view on 6G US & bronco are the same as its was the 2.7L and bronco approach angles that drove this.
So can you use any of the bronco suspension on the 6G US.....No! Geometry's are totally different and so are the track width. The only thing that you could possible use is the disconnecting stabber, as the 6G US & bronco share the same D-Block mounts, but you would need to check the exhaust CAT location on anything other then the 2.7L . You would also need to tool up the out board section of the stabber to maintain the stabber geometry as the 6G Ranger is on the knuckle and bronco is on the LCA.

So you have won Lotto and you know what your doing suspension wise.
The 6G Ranger Raptor front suspension will fit on a 6G Ranger as they use the same spring tower and basic front structure, Rear suspension you would need to tool up an all new axle that matches the front track with, plus revise leaf springs and shock packages. Good luck trying to get the parts for the front suspension, best option look for a wreaked 6G Ranger Raptor and there will be some soon as there are alot of stupid people out there. :) Also you will need to use the 6G Ranger Raptor fenders and pickup box or modify the 6G US Ranger ones.

You have won the lotto many times and you have been left a shit load of money and your best mate has everything to modify vehicles & knows what he is doing.
Hit me up and I will let you know of something that can be created out of a 6G Ranger Raptor, which FPV has not even thought of yet and I don't think will build. Note could only ever come out of the 6G US assembly plant.

hope this helps

Last edited:

mykrrrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor - UN white
Occupation
Analyst
So to answer your first question, I ran 265/70R18 BFG KO2 with 35mm wheel offsets on a 6G ROW ranger with no issues and others have run different width tires with smaller offsets without any suspension changes. I now have a full ARB BP51 setup on my vehicle. with raises front by 35mm and my running clearance is better then a 6G Ranger Raptor.

Now I know others have made comments on this, but I try and make it so you understand the difference between 5G, 6G & Bronco.
5G ROW ran a single piece side rail on the ladder frame.
5G US ran a 3 piece side rail with very similar front IFS and RR leaf sting suspension to 5G ROW but they were different.
6G ROW runs a 3 piece side rail with all new IFS suspension and an all new RR leaf springs suspension with the shocks outboard of leaf spring and has a wider track width then 5G ROW & 5G US
6G US runs a 3 piece side rail with an all new IFS suspension and an all new RR leaf spring suspension with shocks outboard of leaf spring. Would assume very similar to ROW but will be different.
So is there anything common between 5G US and 6G US ....NO except a few master control holes on the ladder frame two you could run Bronco down the same product line.
6G US uses the same front ladder frame clip as the Bronco......but the spring towers and the front crash horns are different and I would assume the internal side rail reinforcements are different due to different crash requirements. and that's where it stops asides from transmission and the crossmembers and front diff mounting. The front wheel locations in side view on 6G US & bronco are the same as its was the 2.7L and bronco approach angles that drove this.
So can you use any of the bronco suspension on the 6G US.....No! Geometry's are totally different and so are the track width. The only thing that you could possible use is the disconnecting stabber, as the 6G US & bronco share the same D-Block mounts, but you would need to check the exhaust CAT location on anything other then the 2.7L . You would also need to tool up the out board section of the stabber to maintain the stabber geometry as the 6G Ranger is on the knuckle and bronco is on the LCA.

So you have won Lotto and you know what your doing suspension wise.
The 6G Ranger Raptor front suspension will fit on a 6G Ranger as they use the same spring tower and basic front structure, Rear suspension you would need to tool up an all new axle that matches the front track with, plus revise leaf springs and shock packages. Good luck trying to get the parts for the front suspension, best option look for a wreaked 6G Ranger Raptor and there will be some soon as there are alot of stupid people out there. :) Also you will need to use the 6G Ranger Raptor fenders and tube or modify the 6G US Ranger ones.

You have won the lotto many times and you have been left a shit load of money and your best mate has everything to modify vehicles & knows what he is doing.
Hit me up and I will let you know of something that can be created out of a 6G Ranger Raptor, which FPV has not even thought of yet and I don't think will build. Note could only ever come out of the 6G US assembly plant.

hope this helps
If I win the lotto many times over, I'm going to one of the firms that build Rally Raid Rangers w/a brand new 6G RR so they can use the VIN plate on my new toy of stupidity that vaguely looks like the truck I brought them.
Sponsored