• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

I bailed

Mcssls

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Nurse
I didn’t get far enough to bail. When power ford and charmers ford both said they wanted a $30,000 adm I told them where to stick their vehicles and walked out with middle fingers waving. Now I’m waiting for 6 months for a Taco TRD PRO no adm. no ranger is worth $90,000
Sponsored

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
I ordered a RR on May 26th 2023, the first day that the order bank opened. My dealer said that day that it would be six to eight months before I might see it. Well, today is day 180 so I’m at the six month mark & I honestly don’t think I’ll see it at the eight month mark either. That being said, I’m kind of looking at it now like I did when I quit smoking. If I go back now, all the time up until now will have just been wasted so now I’ve got to stick with it. Am I frustrated, ya, a little but I’m way closer now than when I started this charade of shit!!😂😂
I'm right there with you. I spent a year looking at trucks, waiting to order my perfect 5G, waiting to order my perfect 6G, now waiting on the RR. If I settled now I think I'd feel a lot worse when I start seeing people get the truck I wanted than I would feel if I waited another whole year for it.

medocbiga

First Name
biga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
I currently have a 2019 F150 Platinum msrp was $67,400
2024 F150 Platinum msrp is $85,030
increase of $17,630 with same options.
That is a average increase per year of $3,526
Looking to order a 2024 Ranger Lariat msrp $51,530
Order a 2024 F150 Raptor(801) for $78 000, end of January , beginning of February build.
Not paying $ 70 000 for a RR !

Sponsored

davey690

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Track
Occupation
Health and Safety
Don't forget, they stopped building Rangers because they could build a F150 for everybody. Except those of us that didn't want a full size truck.

davey690

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Track
Occupation
Health and Safety
So true. Not everybody needs or wants a full size truck. That’s why I really liked my Ford Sport Trac.

Deleted member 6753

I didn't settle on a 2023 Chevy, that was the guy that started this thread.
My bad,
Don't forget, they stopped building Rangers because they could build a F150 for everybody. Except those of us that didn't want a full size truck.
orrect me if I’m wrong but the plant that builds the 150’s is a different plant then the one that builds the Bronco and Raptor Raptor so they didn’t stop building RR to build 150’s.

slobkrieg

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger, High XLT, FX4 ,adv tow
I have a f 150 and love it . I'm going to keep the f 150 for towing . I just want something smaller for an everyday driver . In the long run I want my f 150 to last , to expensive to raplace .

Sponsored

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
orrect me if I’m wrong but the plant that builds the 150’s is a different plant then the one that builds the Bronco and Raptor Raptor so they didn’t stop building RR to build 150’s.
Correct. I have no idea on what parts supplier cross-demand they have though.

OP
OP

EFNFAST

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 ZR-1 Corvette, 2019 Ranger
My bad,

I was referring to when they discontinued the Ranger.

GypsyDaenger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Occupation
Electrician
I was referring to when they discontinued the Ranger.
There was several layers to it. CAFE standards were changing and incentivizing larger vehicles along with the mid size market not doing very hot in the US were key factors. Gas was also no where near as pricey as it is today so people didn't care about fuel economy as much as they do now.

They kept the Ranger up in over seas markets where it was still popular. obviously they missed out a bit here in the US.

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
I have a confirmed order and I've been waiting for over a year now. I sold my 5G Ranger Oct. of 2022 in anticipation of the new model we all knew was "coming soon". The announcement took way longer than most of us expected. I thought they'd announce in Feb., order banks open by March, and getting our trucks delivered by Sept/Oct. time frame.

Ford has managed to push everything back. Considering this is a truck that has been built for over a year in the rest of the world, we all thought it would go fast here in the US since it's not the first time they've done this. Yes, the UAW strike pushed everything back by 3-4 months but Ford shit the bed on that one too. They knew for months that deadline was coming and didn't even start negotiating until after the strike.
So to clarify. You’ve been waiting over a year by choice. But you haven’t had a confirmed over for over a year. In fact you ordered in March which is slightly over 8 months. But hey man the frustration is understandable.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
So to clarify. You’ve been waiting over a year by choice. But you haven’t had a confirmed over for over a year. In fact you ordered in March which is slightly over 8 months. But hey man the frustration is understandable.
You joined the forum all of 2 weeks ago and are already being a smart ass. If you read through the whole thread, I already explained my reasoning.
Sponsored