• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

I mean... we can dream right? V8 Powered Rapter R discussed by Ford Execs

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
I don't trust a word that mob write, they were the same idiots that sparked the rumours about the current Ranger Raptor getting the V8, when Ford weren't even thinking about it, let alone investigating it.

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I don't trust a word that mob write, they were the same idiots that sparked the rumours about the current Ranger Raptor getting the V8, when Ford weren't even thinking about it, let alone investigating it.
You don’t trust the Ford Execs? Or the website?
In the end there is a 98% chance of it not happening… However, they do have a Bronco with a V8 so if they’re on basically the same platform, it is possible…

Reactions: Doc

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
You don’t trust the Ford Execs? Or the website?
In the end there is a 98% chance of it not happening… However, they do have a Bronco with a V8 so if they’re on basically the same platform, it is possible…
I don't trust the website. Bottom of the barrel "journalists" the lot of them.

They may have a race car with a V8 in it, but that's a very long way from an emissions compliant production ready vehicle. There's a mob here in Australia stuffing the Coyote into the current Ranger Raptor, so it is doable from an "it fits" perspective, but there is a fair few compromises with that. Yours for AU$56k drive away, you supply the vehicle.
Sponsored