• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

MSRP is a pipe dream…

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Another scenario is after a few RR's hit the road, people will realize it isn't as desirable as once thought. Same happened with the Bronco, yet I see more used Broncos on a non-Ford lot than anywhere else.
You've seen multiple Bronco RAPTORS on Lots? With no ADM? How about F-150 Raptors, especially R? Not saying you are wrong, but with only 3000 R Raptors likely to be delivered this model year and the fact top end GM twins, Toyota, and NIssan Pro models will have been fully reviewed and compared I'm just not finding it likely people will realize it isn't desirable any time soon. Of course, I could be wrong.
Sponsored

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
I seriously doubt that would ever happen. I've seen a ton of reviews around the world and auto journos are giving them rave reviews. In AU, there are several auto youtubers that liked them so much, they bought one for themselves. That says a lot. I'm expecting the RR to stomp the competition here and become very sought after.
This is what it all came down to for me. All the current data we have shows that unless there’s a significant unexpected economic or supply chain change, these things might actually be harder to get as time goes on. I mean just look at the Braptor. Over a year later, still impossible to order at MSRP and the ones on the lots, even with some mileage, are selling for $95,000+

Okay what about the Gen 3 F150 raptor? A quick search found some 2021 models with 60k+ miles selling for $70,000 still.

the general public in the US doesn’t even really know about this thing yet. Just wait till all of those YouTube and press reviews start hitting and they mirror exactly what ROW has been saying- this thing is one of the best price to performance/utility vehicles you can buy, even with an ADM.

This thread has gotten fairly hostile and everyone should probably chill out a bit, but the reality is for most people, paying a small ADM now is likely the only way to get the truck at a reasonable price and time frame.

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
The people that said they found a 2024 RR at MSRP are either delusional, lucky or had inside connects. Maybe even all of the above.

Cheers to those who snagged it at MSRP.

I’ll be waiting patiently for the hype to cool down and try my luck again when the time comes.

In the meantime, anybody have any leads to MSRP? :)
Only one allocation per dealer - no way at MSRP I bet you!

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
You've seen multiple Bronco RAPTORS on Lots? With no ADM? How about F-150 Raptors, especially R? Not saying you are wrong, but with only 3000 R Raptors likely to be delivered this model year and the fact top end GM twins, Toyota, and NIssan Pro models will have been fully reviewed and compared I'm just not finding it likely people will realize it isn't desirable any time soon. Of course, I could be wrong.
You are right, I was talking about Broncos in general. I've have never seen a Bronco Raptor IRL.

OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota N130 (2nd Gen), Honda EF8, BMW E82
Occupation
Creative Content Producer
This is what it all came down to for me. All the current data we have shows that unless there’s a significant unexpected economic or supply chain change, these things might actually be harder to get as time goes on. I mean just look at the Braptor. Over a year later, still impossible to order at MSRP and the ones on the lots, even with some mileage, are selling for $95,000+

Okay what about the Gen 3 F150 raptor? A quick search found some 2021 models with 60k+ miles selling for $70,000 still.

the general public in the US doesn’t even really know about this thing yet. Just wait till all of those YouTube and press reviews start hitting and they mirror exactly what ROW has been saying- this thing is one of the best price to performance/utility vehicles you can buy, even with an ADM.

This thread has gotten fairly hostile and everyone should probably chill out a bit, but the reality is for most people, paying a small ADM now is likely the only way to get the truck at a reasonable price and time frame.

Exactly. These are bonafide mini F150 Raptors and will be sought after for a while.

Prices will still be in the high range well after they are released.

I’m debating whether to wait for the hype to subside on these RR’s or build a 2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch 2 Dr Bronco.

Time will tell.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Exactly. These are bonafide mini F150 Raptors and will be sought after for a while.

Prices will still be in the high range well after they are released.

I’m debating whether to wait for the hype to subside on these RR’s or build a 2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch 2 Dr Bronco.

Time will tell.
seems like that choice would come down to Crawlin' vs. Haulin'? Bronco better suited for Desert Safari Jeepin' runs (Moab, etc.) and rock crawling. Raptor trucks any size better for high-speed off-roading desert/trailrunner type stuff and using the bed sometimes for camping, carrying bikes, etc.

YMMV

medocbiga

First Name
biga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
" From my dealership:

It looks like you're interested in putting an order in for a Ranger Raptor. I believe I can put an order in for a stock unit and then convert it to retail later. They are being priced at $5k over MSRP Would you like to stop in to build and order one? Let me know as soon as possible. Not sure when they are going to close order bank",

F 150 raptor R = +$20 000
F150 raptor =MSRP
Bronco raptor = + $10 or $15 000
Ranger Raptor +$5 000

mykrrrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor - UN white
Occupation
Analyst
MSRP here but my buddy is the GM at a local dealer. Can't wait for my Oxford white w/splash guards, SecuriCode and SIBL.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
" From my dealership:

It looks like you're interested in putting an order in for a Ranger Raptor. I believe I can put an order in for a stock unit and then convert it to retail later. They are being priced at $5k over MSRP Would you like to stop in to build and order one? Let me know as soon as possible. Not sure when they are going to close order bank",

F 150 raptor R = +$20 000
F150 raptor =MSRP
Bronco raptor = + $10 or $15 000
Ranger Raptor +$5 000
The way he's said that sounds like he's putting in multiple orders? I'd make sure they haven't taken any other orders since they only get one

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
The way he's said that sounds like he's putting in multiple orders? I'd make sure they haven't taken any other orders since they only get one

Standard dealership tactic.

"Appeal of Urgency" - creating the impression that should the customer not act quickly then they may lose their chance.

Another common tactic is "Submission by Attrition" - ever had a car buying experience that took hours? Then this is what was being used on you. They use every line in the book to keep you in the dealership as long as possible to chip your energy away so they can try and find reasons to get $1 extra out of you. If you ever hear the sales man say that their finance manager is "working on" your loan details you are being prey for this. Your credit score either allows you to be approved or it doesn't. There is no "working on it". After 30 minutes this may be followed up by, "hey he got it approved, but they need an extra $500 down".

Its a bit of a read, but if you want some entertainment to burn some time here is my on-going Raptor Buying thread on 5G:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/choose-your-own-adventure-book-buying-a-raptor.25278/

My father, God rest his soul, was a marine, a policeman, but more importantly in relationship to vehicles, a car sales man for 15-20+ years. So I got some valuable insight.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota N130 (2nd Gen), Honda EF8, BMW E82
Occupation
Creative Content Producer
Standard dealership tactic.

"Appeal of Urgency" - creating the impression that should the customer not act quickly then they may lose their chance.

Another common tactic is "Submission by Attrition" - ever had a car buying experience that took hours? Then this is what was being used on you. They use every line in the book to keep you in the dealership as long as possible to chip your energy away so they can try and find reasons to get $1 extra out of you. If you ever hear the sales man say that their finance manager is "working on" your loan details you are being prey for this. Your credit score either allows you to be approved or it doesn't. There is no "working on it". After 30 minutes this may be followed up by, "hey he got it approved, but they need an extra $500 down".

Its a bit of a read, but if you want some entertainment to burn some time here is my on-going Raptor Buying thread on 5G:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/choose-your-own-adventure-book-buying-a-raptor.25278/

My father, God rest his soul, was a marine, a policeman, but more importantly in relationship to vehicles, a car sales man for 15-20+ years. So I got some valuable insight.
Yep! Been down that road before. Thanks to you and to your Dad, may he rest in peace, for the info!

medocbiga

First Name
biga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
my answer:
no money down
no 5 k
will paid cash!

no answer!
so much fun to play with stealership!

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
People choose the a most bizarre titles for dealerships.

Stealership is about as cringe-worthy as people moaning quote price gouging quote.

An accurate term would be badconductship, but I suppose that sounds completely lame and is not as click baity.

wmnassif

First Name
Walid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor
Occupation
Physician
Perhaps morons is a strong word, but enabling price gouging only promotes the problem… I agree with luckymonkey we should refrain where possible… I can personally afford a 10k markup, but I won’t, also as a matter of principle… I will keep my zr2 for now and wait it out even if it means 1-2 years.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Perhaps morons is a strong word, but enabling price gouging only promotes the problem… I agree with luckymonkey we should refrain where possible… I can personally afford a 10k markup, but I won’t, also as a matter of principle… I will keep my zr2 for now and wait it out even if it means 1-2 years.
Keep thinking it'll be one or two years. Keep thinking you won't be paying an MSRP that's the equivalent of someone paying $5,000 ADM right now in a few years, if not more.

Some of you are oblivious to how this really works. It doesn't take much to look at the last 3-5 years at basic information available on the internet to understand how this is going to play out.

I'm not talking about information directly related to Ranger you have to think outside the box look at bronco sales which is a vastly superior product in regards to customer demand and ask yourself where do you see anybody getting the Raptor version for MSRP or when you've ever even seen one on a lot and not the internet. Then you have to look at MSRP annual increases look at other models who have had unscheduled increases due to component shortages and increase cost.

The list goes on.

You need to understand that the Raptor line of vehicles is basically Ford's nod to the enthusiast community it is not their breadwinner and never will be. The economical choices are way more of a powerhouse in these vehicles ever will be.

Ford is not going to open more production on these from a business standpoint. I also suspect all 3,000 allocations will not be done in job 1. Ford has never released annual production numbers yet for the ranger Raptor they just simply said there will be 3,000 allocations to begin with.

Let me give you a hint everything I've read indicates Ford only plan to produce 2,000 to 3,000 bronco raptors in an annual year.

This pipe dream that people are unknowingly holding on to to think the ranger raptor is going to be produced in the tens of thousands of units like the F-150 are in for a rude awakening.
Sponsored

Last edited: