• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

J-Braces required for a hard tonneau cover?

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I've said this before, but you will get 40,000 Ford Pass Points for buying your truck and that will make the J-Braces completely free to buy from the accessories website. The points end up being $200 worth and the braces are $170.
We getting riped off here in Canada. We only get 30000 points. :facepalm:
Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher

Ag3ntC00p3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
I used my Ford Pass points for the J Braces too. With site discount the braces and install will be $120. Not the hardest install but I'd rather they be done at dealer because of grinding rivets out and cutting the corners.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
I used my Ford Pass points for the J Braces too. With site discount the braces and install will be $120. Not the hardest install but I'd rather they be done at dealer because of grinding rivets out and cutting the corners.
Oh, I'm doing my own install. I'm a master at cutting corners!

Sponsored

FossIsleBC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XL
This question is for anyone who has purchased and installed the J-Braces. Was thr part available from Ford? Or was it through a third part manufacturer?

I just called my local dealership parts department and they say Ford doesn't offer this part. This is in Canada, so maybe we are just behind?
Same here - my dealer says they can’t order it in in Canada yet (wtf Ford?) I’m going to have to get one myself from the States to have my dealer do the install. This whole thing is pretty ridiculous imo. It’s an engineering fail, and the part isn’t even made avail to the Ford dealers here

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
So what happens if you buy a topper from Ford, get the braces installed, and then decide not to put the topper on after all and return it?

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor / 1994 Bronco
Maybe they won't let you return it?

Treasurer2

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT With FX4 Package & 2.3 Ecoboost
Occupation
Retired
I'm planning to had a hard, tri-fold tonneau cover to my XLT. I have no idea how much these things weigh. Am I going to need to add the J-braces to my bed?

Thanks.
The J-Brace issue seems to be non- existent here in Canada. There is no mention of it in our owners manuals and Ford dealers never heard about it.

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The J-Brace issue seems to be non- existent here in Canada. There is no mention of it in our owners manuals and Ford dealers never heard about it.
Dealers in the US have never heard of it either :D

Sponsored

Evilrider

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 ranger raptor 2022 Explorer King Ranch
I think they are also needed if you wan to run a rack above the bed. A bed cover by itself should be fine, but I installed a bed cover with slots for crossbars and pretty much anything I put up there will exceed the language limit listed with the braces. If they really are just for truck caps, then it's past time for that to be stated plainly.

I installed the J-braces just to be safe. I did purchase my cover and braces from Ford. Hopefully, if they ever decide covers with built in rack support should get J braces included, I can get reimbursed.
my dealer said I would get reimbursed

kaycott88

First Name
Karah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2020 F-150
Late to the party- I installed the Ford OEM hard flip bed cover. Do I need these J-Braces and is Ford covering the cost of those for that particular accessory?

GT Jackson

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
Not sure if they are required, but I ordered the J braces and powered tonneau cover thru the Ford accessories website, to include local Ford dealer installation, and after 2 weeks Ford cancelled the orders. Said that both were back ordered and not available. Will try again in a few weeks. Just hope I can find a 20 percent off code for June.
Sponsored