• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Just One Simple Question

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Once the Ranger is Launch and you can order it, I am very curious how long people will be willing to wait for their truck to be built. If you want one soon its best to not fully load it with options. Dealer Allocations come first
Sponsored

Last edited:

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Once the Ranger is Launch and you can order it, I am very curious how long people will be willing to wait for their truck to be built. If you want one soon its best to not fully load it with options. Dealer Allocations come first
Yeah, I'd be careful as to what you want to add to it, especially the higher end trims.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Yeah, I'd be careful as to what you want to add to it, especially the higher end trims.
I agree but in the same moment, I want what I want. Buying a new Ranger and not getting what you want doesnā€™t work for me with the understanding that waiting is part of the game. Iā€™m not patient but getting something that isnā€™t exactly what I wanted wonā€™t do it. Itā€™s a dilemma for sure.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I agree but in the same moment, I want what I want. Buying a new Ranger and not getting what you want doesnā€™t work for me with the understanding that waiting is part of the game. Iā€™m not patient but getting something that isnā€™t exactly what I wanted wonā€™t do it. Itā€™s a dilemma for sure.
Ditto!!! When I buy a vehicle, I keep it for a long time and for that reason will not settle on trim and features. Iā€™ve been ready for a new midsize for 3 years now and my daily driver is 21+ years old (ā€˜02 F-150 SuperCrew bought new). Finally, 2023 will bring us a good selection of new midsize trucks!!! If Ford drags their feet any longer, Iā€™ll likely end up in a new generation Tacoma (if they have remedied most of the lasts generationā€™s sizable faults)???

Last edited:
OP
OP

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4Runner, 2019 CR-V, 2017 Civic, 2006 Explorer
Question I have is why you're even wasting a minute of your life considering Rangers in the 1st place when you are convinced Ford is supposedly so incompetent they won't be able to successfully launch the 6G at all?
Try not to be so easily butthurt. One can have some ligitimate criticisms of Ford and still like some of their vehicles. The Ranger Raptor looks compelling to me - that's why I waste a minute here and there on Ranger news, etc....

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I'm not going to deny that I compromised on my Bronco order, but I mainly did it because I'd given up on the Bronco and shifted gears towards the Ranger Raptor. The base RRaptor is already fully loaded and I'd be getting more than I wanted, option wise.

I figured that on the off chance it got selected to be built before I got any RRaptor info, I'd have a minimal optioned vehicle I could live with (and modify) on the off chance the RRaptor has a stupid starting price point or not available from the start of production with a long wait time.

Fast forward today and there's still no solid G6 NA Ranger info and my Bronco will arrive at the Dealer any day now.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Try not to be so easily butthurt. One can have some ligitimate criticisms of Ford and still like some of their vehicles. The Ranger Raptor looks compelling to me - that's why I waste a minute here and there on Ranger news, etc....
I find it easier to have a dialog with people on these things when people give their reasoning instead of drive by posting 1 liners. Your new post here is a step in the right direction.

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
Just went through the Australian Ford website for the first time since they added the Ranger Platinum trim a month ago or so and excited to see it has ventilated seats. Hopefully that's good news for NA. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that, a moon roof, and eruption green metallic paint being available on non-Raptors.

My Maverick is supposed to be in production on May 11th; coming close to finding out which vehicle will ultimately end up in my garage.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Just went through the Australian Ford website for the first time since they added the Ranger Platinum trim a month ago or so and excited to see it has ventilated seats. Hopefully that's good news for NA.
That's great news! Between that and seeing the Chinese Ranger with the separated bumper my hopes are flying high!

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Ditto!!! When I buy a vehicle, I keep it for a long time and for that reason will not settle on trim and features. Iā€™ve been ready for a new midsize for 3 years now and my daily driver is 21+ years old (ā€˜02 F-150 SuperCrew bought new). Finally, 2023 will bring us a good selection of new midsize trucks!!! If Ford drags their feet any longer, Iā€™ll likely end up in a new generation Tacoma (if they have remedied most of the lasts generationā€™s sizable faults)???
I will NEVER own a Toyota. That's my personal decision but I don't critique anyone for getting what they think is best. My only option, at this point, would be the GM twins or keep what I have. I think Ford is so focused on everything non-ICE that everything else is an afterthought. It's a shame because I have had blue ovals for over forty years from performance to off road vehicles. I guess I'm just old school and will adjust accordingly...

Sponsored

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
No matter how you look at it the Ranger is still the red headed step child in this market in Ford's view. So disappointing when you know they could absolutely dominate the mid-size market if they wanted to but they obviously have other priorities.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor, '13 Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
No matter how you look at it the Ranger is still the red headed step child in this market in Ford's view. So disappointing when you know they could absolutely dominate the mid-size market if they wanted to but they obviously have other priorities.
Yep. Here in NA "if it ain't an F150 it ain't shit" seems to be Ford's corporate mentality. They are solely focused on the ridiculously fat profit made by the F series... Super Duty too.

I believe Ford only begrudgingly brought the Ranger back to NA. Competition forced them to.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
but where are the extra 10's of Billions of $ supposed to come from to do that? I've been watching their financial disclosures, sales updates and forecasts for some time and it is very enlightening to see what they can and can't do financially and stay in business as a viable global manufacturer. IMO, they are always 1 big miss away from bankruptcy.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yep. Here in NA "if it ain't an F150 it ain't shit" seems to be Ford's corporate mentality. They are solely focused on the ridiculously fat profit made by the F series... Super Duty too.

I believe Ford only begrudgingly brought the Ranger back to NA. Competition forced them to.
Cash Cows fund everything else. Bigger trucks + Mustang have to be focused on more than anything else. Simple math drives many internal decisions at corporate level.

Reactions: MJE

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I will NEVER own a Toyota. That's my personal decision but I don't critique anyone for getting what they think is best. My only option, at this point, would be the GM twins or keep what I have. I think Ford is so focused on everything non-ICE that everything else is an afterthought. It's a shame because I have had blue ovals for over forty years from performance to off road vehicles. I guess I'm just old school and will adjust accordingly...
agree with you on Toyota. Don't fit my personal requirements and overpriced based on reputation. Will disagree with you on the non-ICE take. They deliberately split the company into 2 separate companies that run very independently. If 1 goes bankrupt it doesn't affect the other. I'm agnostic when it comes to brand loyalty throughout my life. It just so happens the product offerings by Ford the last few years meet my requirements best (not talking here about difficultly getting them!) and led to my purchase of Maverick and continued interest in 6G Ranger until I can get enough information to decide if it is an upgrade over my Maverick- or not.
Sponsored