• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Lariat B&O Full System Upgrade

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
Occupation
EE
Hi Fusseli

Okay, based on our development of the Ranger Tremor, the sub required a specific volume of the cavity with a tinny lattitude of plus or minus. What does your sub require vs the volume you created? I hope your volume is within spec.... Otherwise, as we found out on Tremor, we failed quite a few Subs. To little or too much seemed to be the deathnell of the speakers.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

I used your idea with the modeling clay and slaming the seat shut, but instead used they chemically reacting packing foam to measure the cavity of the storage bin, the stuff is called Instapak.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealed-Air-Instapak-Quick-All-Sizes-10-20-30-40-60-80-100-Instapack/133141570169?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=432583520445&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The space is slightly larger than the storage bin itself but around 0.3-0.4 cuft. I need to go submerge this thing in a 5gal bucket to determine the exact volume. This sub says it's good for 0.15 to 0.5 cuft.

I was going to do this for the space behind the rear seat but haven't yet, since I abandoned the idea of trying to build a subwoofer box to fit the complicated shapes it would need.

Ford Ranger Lariat B&O Full System Upgrade 20200321_105022

Ford Ranger Lariat B&O Full System Upgrade 20200321_104310

Ford Ranger Lariat B&O Full System Upgrade 20200321_104231

kemwm38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Most component systems come with a crossover box for each door. I didn't use the Morel X-over since the B&O has tweeter channels. The cap protects in case the active X-over electronics fail.
There are some fairly large voids and wasted volume behind the rear cabin backing. The whole panel back there tings like a tin can concert hall, this has got to be a huge source of noise left in the Ranger. I drove around with the seat out, backing panel off, and cabin vents exposed and there was quite a bit of road noise almost like having the windows cracked. It seems like they get rid of the vent noise by channeling it down. This is a great investment area for some sound damping and acoustic foam. I did 80mil camping sheets first and then 150mil foam on top of that. I will likely put big chunks of acoustic foam in the big spots when I put it all back together.

I also placed the sub and amp back in place to give a picture of how much wasted air space there is around there. Someone could do really well with a custom rear panel or sub box meant to fit the new Ranger crew cab.

Also pictured is the B&O amp ground, using a stainless bolt, which is the same spot I am putting in my #8 Stinger wiring kit ground.

20200320_124839.jpg

20200320_122819.jpg

20200320_121243.jpg

20200320_112033.jpg
new here. I have the B&O system in Ranger. Anyone try to just plug the port on sub to tone down as in sealed ?