• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

late spring/early summer arrival

JT91299224

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanted A Ranger
Occupation
AMSA
Called a dealer today in an area I used to live in and asked if they had any Rangers in stock. He said they did not - no surprise there. Asked when they were getting more in and he said Ford told them late spring/early summer. Honestly not sure what to believe anymore. Don’t get why they aren’t shipping the ones that are built out to the dealerships. Doesn’t Ford realize that there might be more demand if people actually see them in person? That’s just marketing 101.
Sponsored

BennyP92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Impreza
Occupation
Railroad
My dealer is apparently getting a few Lariat stock orders at the end of April. And then my order is supposed to be in by the end of June. With the way things are going, who knows.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
They don't want to release vehicles with issues, just to do a massive expensive recall.

Ford is damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
They don't want to release vehicles with issues, just to do a massive expensive recall.

Ford is damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
That's exactly right. Based on the recent investor calls, Ford has lost like $1.9B on recalls since Farley became CEO. He's trying to save money and future quality issue black eyes. Postponing a launch and losing some short term profits is better than the alternative.

Last edited:

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I don't think anyone here cares that their truck is being held back for QA as much as they care that Ford won't communicate as much. Nobody knows why their trucks are being held back after they're built because Ford hasn't said anything. All we have is rumor that someone heard from someone on the inside and they think "X" is going to happen.

All Ford needs to do is make an official announcement that they are holding vehicles until March to make sure quality is up to standards. It's not rocket science. They have the most incompetent PR I've ever seen.

Sponsored

FreezingFlatlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Retired
Called my dealer yesterday to ask about the status of the Ranger Lariat I ordered and he told me it's not scheduled for production yet but is in the 'Preview' stage whatever that means (I think it means all the parts are available to build it) but he couldn't make any guess as to when it would be built. But he said the dealership has two stock orders scheduled to be built the week of February 19th, one of which is nearly optioned like the one I ordered so I committed to buying that one. Salesman said that would be no problem as they would just keep the one I ordered for retail sale.

Stave7

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge, 2022 Ford Maverick
Occupation
Ford Motor Company Electrician
My truck has been “almost built”. Since January 12. I’ve had no more communication since they told me it was waiting for constraints. Maybe I’ll see it by June if I’m lucky.
By then it will have been taken apart and put back together 5-10 times by workers jacking around with it out on a parking lot somewhere.
(I work for Ford in skilled trades, just not at MAP where it’s being built)

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
My thoughts are very different. I believe the delayed launch is related to the current sales environment. High interest rates, and need to sell F150s as a priority. There are are to many in stock. But keep this in perspective. Quality is important and is part of the story too. I know of a number of folks on this group who have dropped their ranger order for something else.. Some can't wait any longer.

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor / 1994 Bronco
My thoughts are very different. I believe the delayed launch is related to the current sales environment. High interest rates, and need to sell F150s as a priority. There are are to many in stock. But keep this in perspective. Quality is important and is part of the story too. I know of a number of folks on this group who have dropped their ranger order for something else.. Some can't wait any longer.
2024 F150s haven't received OKTB so they aren't shipping yet either.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Interest rates have nothing to do with it. Ford doesn't care about what you pay in interest. It is dealing with QC and probably the media event for whatever reason. There have been people in the know that have said since last year we wouldn't see these trucks till march or April. I believe Ally that is on All Terrain Nation was one of them.

Sponsored

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor / 1994 Bronco
But they have tons of 23's in stock
But the guys that ordered 2024 F150s are bitching just as hard as the guys on this site that ordered 2024 Rangers because neither are getting shipped yet.
But from what I've seen on the F150 forum they are starting to put some good incentives on the 2023 F150s. Some guys are claiming 0.9% financing or around $10K off MSRP. I haven't seen deals like that since before Covid.

Last edited:

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
Finally! But they actually need to put 25K discounts on to bring the value into line. They ( the industry got so far ahead of people's ability to pay). If that means selling stripped down models in the 60K range then so be it but not many can afford 100K for an F150

All Terrain Nation

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Media
My truck has been “almost built”. Since January 12. I’ve had no more communication since they told me it was waiting for constraints. Maybe I’ll see it by June if I’m lucky.
By then it will have been taken apart and put back together 5-10 times by workers jacking around with it out on a parking lot somewhere.
(I work for Ford in skilled trades, just not at MAP where it’s being built)
You truck is built and waiting for Ford to give Dealers the ok to buy... They are not taking any trucks apart. The trucks will start shipping late March early April

OP
OP

JT91299224

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanted A Ranger
Occupation
AMSA
But they have tons of 23's in stock
Who has new 2023’d in stock? I’ve called all over the PNW and no one has new ones
Sponsored