• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Livernois working on a tune for Bronco Raptor

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Livernois should be avoided. In addition to blowing up engines and bad customer service and warranty, they use their own proprietary tuners that they won’t let you transfer to new vehicles. When someone comes out with a tune that used HP or an SCT, that’s who you should go with.

OP
OP
Slyder

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I've heard mixed things about them, mostly pertaining to their customer service or lack there of.

I personally like HP and will go that route if they come out with a tune for the RRaptor.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Whipple has a tuning package out already for BRaptor but I don’t know how proprietary their tuning modules are. So far they’re the only ones who seem to have actually cracked the ECU.

OP
OP
Slyder

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Whipple has a tuning package out already for BRaptor but I don’t know how proprietary their tuning modules are. So far they’re the only ones who seem to have actually cracked the ECU.
Their Tomahawk Flash Device can only be used by them, as far as I know. They are actually my second choice but usually end up being the first or one of the first to come out with a tune.

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Their Tomahawk Flash Device can only be used by them, as far as I know. They are actually my second choice but usually end up being the first or one of the first to come out with a tune.
I don’t necessarily mind that as long as third parties can write their own tunes and it can be transferred to new vehicles without a license fee

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Livernois should be avoided. In addition to blowing up engines and bad customer service and warranty, they use their own proprietary tuners that they won’t let you transfer to new vehicles. When someone comes out with a tune that used HP or an SCT, that’s who you should go with.
There's hundreds of us over on the 5G forum that have Livernois tunes and not one has blown up. I know someone personally who runs his on the edge and now has over 100,000 miles on his Ranger and still going strong! Their customer service has been excellent both before and after the sale. As long as they tune your new vehicle you absolutely can transfer yours over. I recently spoke with Anthony from LMS about transferring mine from my '19 to my '23 Tremor and IIRC it's $150 for the transfer fee. While I'm sure some have had issues name one company that hasn't? I had over 30,000 miles running the 91-93 performance tune on my '19 and had zero issues.

I wanted to try something different (many were loving their Unleashed tune) so I tried running an Unleashed tune in my '23 and it bricked my truck to where it wouldn't start and was dead. Then because they don't use their own proprietary tuner and use SCT I had to jump through hoops between 2 different companies trying to fix this. Unleashed does not have any phone support so it's a nightmare waiting for emails (can take hours) while your $50K truck is dead in the garage. Then you get stuck in a phone queue when calling back SCT. As with any tune you should always tune at your own risk.

RapVillin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
business owner
Will ford offer a tune that keeps factory warranty? Excuse my ignorance have never tuned a vehicle before

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
There's hundreds of us over on the 5G forum that have Livernois tunes and not one has blown up. I know someone personally who runs his on the edge and now has over 100,000 miles on his Ranger and still going strong! Their customer service has been excellent both before and after the sale. As long as they tune your new vehicle you absolutely can transfer yours over. I recently spoke with Anthony from LMS about transferring mine from my '19 to my '23 Tremor and IIRC it's $150 for the transfer fee. While I'm sure some have had issues name one company that hasn't? I had over 30,000 miles running the 91-93 performance tune on my '19 and had zero issues.

I wanted to try something different (many were loving their Unleashed tune) so I tried running an Unleashed tune in my '23 and it bricked my truck to where it wouldn't start and was dead. Then because they don't use their own proprietary tuner and use SCT I had to jump through hoops between 2 different companies trying to fix this. Unleashed does not have any phone support so it's a nightmare waiting for emails (can take hours) while your $50K truck is dead in the garage. Then you get stuck in a phone queue when calling back SCT. As with any tune you should always tune at your own risk.
I’m only referencing my experience in the Explorer/SHO community. The vast majority of people will not have problems. But if there’s documented cases of them biking engines and not stepping up about it, then I’m going to make that known for people to be aware of. And it still doesn’t excuse them charging you a fee for a tuner you already own just to move it to a new vehicle. That’s scummy no matter how you slice it. There are too many options out there to deal with a scummy tuner.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Will ford offer a tune that keeps factory warranty? Excuse my ignorance have never tuned a vehicle before
There’s one for the Explorer ST but that’s all I’ve ever seen. A tune in and of itself won’t void a warranty. But if they determine that it was your tune that caused damage they can refuse to cover it. Any tune you get, make sure it’s reversible. Your average Ford employee won’t be able to detect most of them once they’ve been flashed back to stock.

Sponsored

RapVillin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
business owner
I remember when you could get old school "chips" and plug and play. Is this still a thing? Would love to tune the raptor if I ever get it. Is it necessary to take it somewhere or am I stuck having to find a reputable performance shop?

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I remember when you could get old school "chips" and plug and play. Is this still a thing? Would love to tune the raptor if I ever get it. Is it necessary to take it somewhere or am I stuck having to find a reputable performance shop?
The JB4 module has been used on the ROW ranger. There are a couple videos on it. They’re still a thing but they’re less popular because they’re limited on what they can remap. ECU’s are also more complex these days.