• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

UpInTheAir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still not a Raptor
Agreed, in recent years.

Post above was asking about using the tool on multiple Ford vehicles.
Sponsored

UpInTheAir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still not a Raptor
What are restrictions like over there? While there has been a recent crack down on bigger aftermarket tuners in the States, I know Cobb Accessports are still a thing to let you load up new maps/tunes. You'd also likely lose your warranty, though, and that isn't something I personally want to risk even if I didn't have emissions testing that checks our ECUs for tunes.

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Ford tune on my 2.7 Bronco made a huge difference in butt dyno and shifting. Even improved shifting in 4low off-road. Can’t wait to try it on Ranger Raptor if I ever get build date🥹

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Should be easy to do yourself. Likely just plug into OBDII and flash the new maps onto your ECU from the handheld programmer. That said, the Ford Performance website states you need a certified tech to install to keep your warranty. So it is probably going to cost another hour of shop time on top of the $825 for the tuner/calibrator.

• 3 year/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician

The Explorer ST with the 3.0 already has this available, and it sees 405hp to 430hp and 430ft-lbs to 467ft-lbs. I would have expected quite a bit more. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-EX30
Keep in mind that is actually a reduction in the 5 year/50k mile powertrain warranty once you install the tune. I have an Explorer ST and was going to tune it until I realized that it would reduce my powertrain warranty to the same length as my bumper-to-bumper.

Still, a warranted tune is nice.
Sponsored