• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor 5-Star Tune(s)

Ivan Baez

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger raptor
Occupation
Harman
I got a burger tuning box for my raptor, it runs great and handles std gas, 93 octane and E85 mixes. If I recall correctly the avertised gains ate 70-80 WHP, and you can really feel it. I have used this in the RR and also in other vehicles with great sucess, si I fully recommend it. The JB4 provides good HP improvements and behavior of the vehicle, also phone app connection (optional) to select multiple maps as needed. Im in the process of adding the MI module but I havent got the time so far. hopefully Ill get that done in the next weeks.
Sponsored

Ranger Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Occupation
Lawyer
Would be nice if I could get a couple more mpgs out of a tune..

Ivan Baez

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger raptor
Occupation
Harman
In my experience the mpg on a pickup truck is better imporved by adding a bed cover, this will give you around 1mpg more than stock.
Driving habits, smaller tires, remove some weight of unused stuff or adding carbon fiber parts (i.e. the hood on the ragenr weights a ton) will help mpg.

Ivan Baez

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger raptor
Occupation
Harman
finally installed my meth injection that goes along with the JB4 tune. Im getting intake temps almost identical to ambien temp no while under full boost. :)

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor 5-Star Tune(s) WhatsApp Image 2023-09-20 at 10.23.13 AM

Ivan Baez

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger raptor
Occupation
Harman
Yesterday I was able to take the truck to the dyno, gains were noticeable; from 345 whp & 413 wtq in the stock map to 417 whp and 479 wtq in the highest boost map with meth.

I did all runs in 4th gear, as we didnt want the tires to go too high on speed to orevent overheating and loose too much rubber at the dyno.

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor 5-Star Tune(s) 1000068410

Sponsored

Rhite95

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2014 Roush Mustang stage 3
Occupation
N/A
Yesterday I was able to take the truck to the dyno, gains were noticeable; from 345 whp & 413 wtq in the stock map to 417 whp and 479 wtq in the highest boost map with meth.

I did all runs in 4th gear, as we didnt want the tires to go too high on speed to orevent overheating and loose too much rubber at the dyno.

1000068410.jpg
Nice numbers !!

Ivan Baez

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger raptor
Occupation
Harman
I realized later that I used the exhaust in sport mode, never tried the output in full open mode, or in baja mode.
I got my oversized intercooler a couple of weeks ago, need to find time to install it. The intake is also in transit now, maybe a couple of weeks to get here. :)

Ivan Baez

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger raptor
Occupation
Harman
I finally installed my larger intercooler and intake. They look awesome. In theory the intercooler is 40% larger, it was considerable larger than the stock unit, also a lot heavier, I hope that allows for better heat transfer, they advertise 20 degrees celsius less than the stock unit.

Will take it to the dyno after christmas, in January, to see the gains.

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor 5-Star Tune(s) WhatsApp Image 2023-12-18 at 11.58.33 AM (3)

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor 5-Star Tune(s) WhatsApp Image 2023-12-18 at 11.58.32 AM (2)

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I have been running a 93 performance tune (90 HP / 100 TQ) on my 19' for a few years. No issues, satisified with it for sure. Well established company that has been doing this for quite some time.

I reached out to them via e-mail advising of (knock on wood) the eminent arrival of a Raptor in my possession down the line and due to allocation limits if they had trouble finding a temporary donor vehicle I could probably arrange to help in that regard as they are within a few hours of me.

They expressed interest.

The only thing I am going to request in return is some tunes on the house and their engine coverage warranty they offer. This is the only tuning company I know that offers this. Basically the way it works is those who buy into the program, all the money across all engines they tune for goes into a giant pool. I am only aware of one incident in the Gen 5 that they paid out for the guy to get a new engine and even then it was questionable if the tune even caused it or the actual motor died to factory component failure. Regardless they did the right thing and took care of the guy.

I'll update in future should this come to fruition.

This thread is not here for purse swinging and dick waving on 5 Star vs Unleashed vs Livernois vs Whatever. Go make another thread for that garbage.

It is specific to those who are familiar with the company and their products and want to check back later for updated information.
At least on their 5G 2.3 Roush offered a 3/36: " The ROUSH Performance Pac Level 1 and Performance Pac Level 2 for your 2019-2020 Ford Ranger includes a 3-year/36,000 mile limited ROUSH powertrain warranty and all of our components in the Performance Pacs " nothing on a 3.0 RR tune from them. My Ford contact predicts the probability of a Ford Tune for 3.0 RR in 2 quarter. I wasn't able to get the 2.32 Ford tune until Sep of '19 so 2nd quarter might be optimistic. Economically given the limited number of RR it might not be too high on some companies priorities.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hennessey Performance (Texas) was offering a similar comprehensive warrantee on their 500HP velociraptor 500 package (around $25K) for the Ranger Raptor, and I'm not sure if you buy it from them or leave your truck there for their "extensive testing". 200 pre-order units only for 2024. Their latest update was from May 2023. Some of their other inventory project cars in their gallery and for sale might be fun to take for a drive.
For some enthusiast, the value added for an upgrade like this could outweigh the cost. Raptor R power/to weight comparable in a more nimble package. They have a Raptor R upgrade to 1,000 Bhp.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
At least on their 5G 2.3 Roush offered a 3/36: " The ROUSH Performance Pac Level 1 and Performance Pac Level 2 for your 2019-2020 Ford Ranger includes a 3-year/36,000 mile limited ROUSH powertrain warranty and all of our components in the Performance Pacs " nothing on a 3.0 RR tune from them. My Ford contact predicts the probability of a Ford Tune for 3.0 RR in 2 quarter. I wasn't able to get the 2.32 Ford tune until Sep of '19 so 2nd quarter might be optimistic. Economically given the limited number of RR it might not be too high on some companies priorities.
Whipple was the first to get a tune out for the Bronco 2.7 and Bronco Raptor, so it wouldn't surprise me if they do the same for Ranger Raptor.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Hennessey Performance (Texas) was offering a similar comprehensive warrantee on their 500HP velociraptor 500 package (around $25K) for the Ranger Raptor, and I'm not sure if you buy it from them or leave your truck there for their "extensive testing". 200 pre-order units only for 2024. Their latest update was from May 2023. Some of their other inventory project cars in their gallery and for sale might be fun to take for a drive.
For some enthusiast, the value added for an upgrade like this could outweigh the cost. Raptor R power/to weight comparable in a more nimble package. They have a Raptor R upgrade to 1,000 Bhp.
I would never trust Hennessy

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
I have been running a 93 performance tune (90 HP / 100 TQ) on my 19' for a few years. No issues, satisified with it for sure. Well established company that has been doing this for quite some time.

I reached out to them via e-mail advising of (knock on wood) the eminent arrival of a Raptor in my possession down the line and due to allocation limits if they had trouble finding a temporary donor vehicle I could probably arrange to help in that regard as they are within a few hours of me.

They expressed interest.

The only thing I am going to request in return is some tunes on the house and their engine coverage warranty they offer. This is the only tuning company I know that offers this. Basically the way it works is those who buy into the program, all the money across all engines they tune for goes into a giant pool. I am only aware of one incident in the Gen 5 that they paid out for the guy to get a new engine and even then it was questionable if the tune even caused it or the actual motor died to factory component failure. Regardless they did the right thing and took care of the guy.

I'll update in future should this come to fruition.

This thread is not here for purse swinging and dick waving on 5 Star vs Unleashed vs Livernois vs Whatever. Go make another thread for that garbage.

It is specific to those who are familiar with the company and their products and want to check back later for updated information.
Ford Performance tune has a 3 year 36000 mile warranty. So they stand behind they're tube and uts developed by the Ford performance team. I'm sticking with theirs.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
One has to wonder why so many of their (Hennesey) project cars for sale are still for sale?
I'll stay with close to stock. Limited mechanical experience and learned my lesson with an expensive mazdaspeed3 new engine and more hardware to support added FWD WHP. The RR should support a ford performance tune.
Sponsored

Last edited: