• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ford Ranger Maintain the enthusiasm... delivered Ranger Raptor content for motivation 2024 Ranger Raptor delivery

Not wanting to trigger those of you who are patiently waiting for your Rangers (extra sympathy to our NA friends) but I thought I'd just post up a quick pic of my Raptor which was delivered yesterday (27 April) and quickly run over my purchasing experience.

I ordered back on 17 June 2022 and instructed the dealer that I wanted a 2023 build with a target delivery around March 2023. This timing suited me for various reasons and also meant that Ford Thailand would have (hopefully) got some of their early production gremlins sorted out.

My car was scheduled for building on 21 Jan with an estimated delivery date of 25 Feb. The build went off without a hitch and I received confirmation from Ford 2 Feb that my vehicle had been shipped.

I tracked the ship from Thailand as it made its way across the top of Australia and down the east coast pausing at Wollongong (about 150km south of Sydney) as it waited to get into port to drop off the cars destined for NSW. I think it took a bit over a week to get its slot. After unloading at the port of Wollongong the ship departed for the Port of Melbourne (my port) and took maybe 3 days for this journey... then the real wait started.

The ship sat outside the heads of the bay for something like 3 weeks waiting to get its slot at the PoM. We have been experiencing massive problems with new cars arriving with seeds and bugs detected so many cars have been held up with a massive quarantine back-log which pushes back on the ships ability to dock and unload. Eventually my ship came in (around 10 March) and the RR was unloaded but then it went into a big information black hole of decontamination and quarantine processes. There was no information available from anyone (not the dealers fault but I think Ford should have had a better handle on things) with delivery estimates ranging from 2 weeks to 2 months!

Port of Melbourne quarantine back-log

Ford Ranger Maintain the enthusiasm... delivered Ranger Raptor content for motivation signal-2023-04-28-094243_002

Thankfully last Monday (24 April) I got an email from the dealer saying that the RR was due to arrive at their preparation yard "today". I arranged handover for Thursday and the rest is now history - Happy Days!

This is the first ute I've ever owned so the first day of ownership has been a bit of a learning curve - it is the length that I find the biggest thing to be careful of.

Many ROW owners on here to answer questions for our NA friends however I'd be happy to answer any specific questions anyone might have on the vehicle or the experience.

OP
OP
CrustyNoodle

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Congratulations on your new Raptor mate. Did you decide to get the automatic roller shutter on the back?
Ford Ranger Maintain the enthusiasm... delivered Ranger Raptor content for motivation IMG_20230428_111950

At the time I ordered there were only two items on the options list; beadlock capable wheels and the decal pack... I ticked both :cool: .

To be honest, I don't think I am a fan of the roller shutters as they lock up too much bed versatility. At this stage I'm leaning toward a soft tonneau and the one I like is from "Gator" like this:

Ford Ranger Maintain the enthusiasm... delivered Ranger Raptor content for motivation Screenshot 2023-04-28 113312

This offers the most versatility as it does not cover up the mounting points on the bed sides so I should be able to have a rack and a cover with access to the entire bed in case I need to carry something large.
The only problem is that they are not yet available for the next-gen Ranger line...

We are all hanging out for the NA release.

Reactions: MJE
OP
OP
CrustyNoodle

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ford Ranger Maintain the enthusiasm... delivered Ranger Raptor content for motivation IMG_20230427_212321

This is the view from the reverse and surround camera at night. Foot is on brake hence the red tinge.

There appears to be a surprising amount of light from the reversing lights though I'm pretty sure I will add extra rear lighting.

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Sounds good. I have placed my order in September last year. Shadow Black with the roller shutter. I really want to have the capability to lock up the contents of the bed. Plus its fitted from factory and integrated with the key fob. Open/Close/Lock etc.

It is my understanding that with the roller shutter, you lose the spay in bed liner and it is replaced with the drop in bed liner from lower spec Rangers.

You must be stoked to finally have your new truck mate.

OP
OP
CrustyNoodle

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ford Ranger Maintain the enthusiasm... delivered Ranger Raptor content for motivation IMG_20230427_215458

Close-up of the left headlight at night with the steering turned to the left which activates the small turning light you can see in the lower left of the cluster.

This is on low-beam, high-beam being the upper light that is unlit.

The lights are matrix LED which are able to dim segments so as to keep high-beam on whilst cars are approaching without dazzling them. If you haven't experienced matrix LED's then you are missing out!
I'm yet to see how they work on the RR but I have them on one of my other vehicles and once you have tried them you will never go back.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i'm really hoping we get the matrix LEDs on the other trims in NA this iteration.

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
the Ford Authority pictures did not do that white a justice. That looks fantastic with the graphics!

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for sharing. We in NA are going crazy waiting, and waiting.... Keep more updates and impressions coming. Keep the flame alive.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CrustyNoodle

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thanks for sharing. We in NA are going crazy waiting, and waiting.... Keep more updates and impressions coming. Keep the flame alive.
No Problems. I'm off for a 4WD training course in the Victorian High Country this weekend so hope to get some photo's for you in its natural habitat.

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
Any way we can get more pictures? Also, how much space is in the back seat? I’m thinking about making the switch from an SUV (4Runner, LC Prado to you) but need the rear seating for the toddler and dogs.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
IMG_20230427_215458.jpg

Close-up of the left headlight at night with the steering turned to the left which activates the small turning light you can see in the lower left of the cluster.

This is on low-beam, high-beam being the upper light that is unlit.

The lights are matrix LED which are able to dim segments so as to keep high-beam on whilst cars are approaching without dazzling them. If you haven't experienced matrix LED's then you are missing out!
I'm yet to see how they work on the RR but I have them on one of my other vehicles and once you have tried them you will never go back.
Those are awesome. Really want some matrix LEDs now.

OP
OP
CrustyNoodle

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Any way we can get more pictures? Also, how much space is in the back seat? I’m thinking about making the switch from an SUV (4Runner, LC Prado to you) but need the rear seating for the toddler and dogs.
Yep, I'll some photos for you to help you decide.

If you can get your hands on a 5G Ranger to test it for size then you'll be on the right track as they are all but identical in size to the 6G.
This is my first ute so I'm still learning what's what. This week we had myself and my 16yr old (180cm / 5'11") in the front seats with my wife in the rear and the only complaint I had from the wife was to do with having to be a mountain climber to get up that high. So rear seat space is easily adequate for our family.

LarryRG

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Totally cool headlight!
Sponsored